Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand

Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 7:57am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,157

As Hisashi Yuki continues to post image after image of the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber figure, showing off poseability and aesthetics, the official Takara Transformers Twitter account have joined in the fun, revealing something new: the shield, already seen in promo images, also doubles up as a stand for the V-Star! Check out the images below.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Updates: Shield Becomes Stand

Credit(s): TF_pr

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606684)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2014 @ 7:58am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606685)
Posted by Va'al on September 16th, 2014 @ 8:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I just realized, will the sword's blade even be able to be sheathed into the V-Star's body like on the show and G1 toy?

This image makes it look as though the sword can be much shorter.. :-?

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606690)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 16th, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT
Va'al wrote:

This image makes it look as though the sword can be much shorter.. :-?

It may be me, but I'm spotting two storage compartments instead of just one. Could it be that the sword can be split?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606694)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 16th, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
This might be the best Transformer.

It appears...to do everything right.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606698)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2014 @ 9:08am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:This might be the best Transformer.

It appears...to do everything right.
Just like the character it represents. :lol:

The cartoon version, that is. :-B

For those who haven't seen the cartoon, I mean that the cartoon version of Star Saber was made to be a Mr. Perfect type who can do no wrong and is always looked up to as the greatest bot ever.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606708)
Posted by ScottyP on September 16th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Mr. Perfect

Star Saber is Curt Hennig confirmed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606714)
Posted by Xephon0930 on September 16th, 2014 @ 10:10am CDT
That is a really ingenious idea to make the one time use weapon as something practical for the toy so you can avoid having to store extra parts separately from the toy.

The more I see Takara bringing in the updates, the more I really want my Star Saber.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606722)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 16th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
Okay, THAT is awesome. I love when they do stuff like that is. I hope this confirms that the shield is not an Amazon-exclusive item.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606735)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 16th, 2014 @ 11:13am CDT
VERY neat idea.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606792)
Posted by noctorro on September 16th, 2014 @ 4:06pm CDT
Also wanting giant Star Saber, can't wait for March or whenever they release him.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606833)
Posted by Forgotten on September 16th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:This might be the best Transformer.

It appears...to do everything right.
Just like the character it represents. :lol:

The cartoon version, that is. :-B

Yeah, he killed his best friend & turned him in to a pair of platform shoes & a backpack. I am fond of him.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606836)
Posted by Xephon0930 on September 16th, 2014 @ 6:43pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:This might be the best Transformer.

It appears...to do everything right.
Just like the character it represents. :lol:

The cartoon version, that is. :-B

1. It was under Ginrai's request.
2. Ginrai was paralyzed somehow and could not fight the Destron Army and didn't want to live being trapped in his crippled body.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606871)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 16th, 2014 @ 10:33pm CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:
Forgotten wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:This might be the best Transformer.

It appears...to do everything right.
Just like the character it represents. :lol:

The cartoon version, that is. :-B

1. It was under Ginrai's request.

If it were a real life situation, I'd do the same for my friend (except turning him into an elevator shoe/backpack combo).
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606872)
Posted by Xephon0930 on September 16th, 2014 @ 10:34pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Xephon0930 wrote:
Forgotten wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:This might be the best Transformer.

It appears...to do everything right.
Just like the character it represents. :lol:

The cartoon version, that is. :-B

1. It was under Ginrai's request.

If it were a real life situation, I'd do the same for my friend (except turning him into an elevator shoe/backpack combo.

Onore Takara!!!!!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606883)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 16th, 2014 @ 11:12pm CDT
Star Saber: "What!? Done for!?"
God Ginrai: "Even though I can still talk, I can't stand up, and I can't hold a gun. Can I be a commander like this?"
Star Saber: "You'll get better soon!"
God Ginrai: "Supreme Commander. Allow my body to be reconstructed, so that I can become a power-up for you!"
Star Saber: "R-reconstructed!? You three! Did you tell him bout by power-up reconstruction design!?"
Perceptor/Wheeljack/Minerva: Image
Star Saber: "Why!?"
God Ginrai: "Don't reprimand the doctor. I made him tell me. And this is something that I decided on my own."
Star Saber: "But...!"
God Ginrai: "I will die and be reborn. Even if my appearance changes... Doctor. Show us."
Jean: "No! I don't want the Commander to change into a form like this!"
God Ginrai: "My decision is firm."
Star Saber: "Even if your decision is firm, I won't allow it! You may be reborn into a new lifeform, but the lifeform known as God Ginrai will disappear forever!!"
God Ginrai: "The doctor has already given me a long lecture. Even still, my decision is firm."
Jean: "I still don't like it! Commander Ginrai will be gone..."
God Ginrai: "Jean... I won't die. I'll be reborn."
Jean: "Reborn?"
God Ginrai: "If I am reborn and I combine with the Supreme Commander, we'll be able to stop the Destrons from doing whatever they please!"
Jean: "But the Commander I know will be gone, won't he!?"
God Ginrai: "Jean, please don't worry. I'll always be your friend."
Star Saber: "No. I can't just use your body."
God Ginrai: "There's no time!"
Star Saber: "Time?"
Perceptor: "He will still live if he remains here. But if we are to resurrect him as a new lifeform, we must begin the procedure before any metal corrosion sets in!"

Star Saber: "God Ginrai..."
God Ginrai: "I made this choice myself. Let me fight by your side once again as a Cybertron."
Jean: "Commander Ginrai."
God Ginrai: "Jean... We'll still be together, now and always."
Jean: "We'll really be together always and always, right?"
God Ginrai: "Absolutely."
Perceptor: "Is everything prepared? We're beginning the procedure."
Wheeljack: "Everything's okay!"
Star Saber: "God Ginrai. I'll make sure that your death will not be in vain! And... I'll never forget you."
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606903)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 17th, 2014 @ 1:37am CDT
:sad: This is what Golobulos would call "melodramatic"............makes me want to kill Dezaras.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606904)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 17th, 2014 @ 1:39am CDT
Did Saber ever hold the sword like that in the show?

Also Victory was 20 years ago, no need to worry about spoilers.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606906)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 17th, 2014 @ 1:49am CDT
Yup! Sword and shield.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606935)
Posted by Forgotten on September 17th, 2014 @ 6:38am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Did Saber ever hold the sword like that in the show?

Also Victory was 20 years ago, no need to worry about spoilers.

It's my favorite series. I know many people still haven't watched it yet. Just trying to be courteous.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber Features: Shield Becomes Stand (1606942)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 17th, 2014 @ 8:02am CDT
Another one from Yuki-san:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Megatron (Hasbro 1999) Transmetals 2 Gigatron RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Lancelon Action Figure Replacement Sword Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Warrior Class Bisk Complete Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise RID Warrior Class Jazz Figure Missing Hand 2015" on EBAY