Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED]

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED]

Friday, October 21st, 2016 8:33am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 104,282

Are you ready to get excited? It appears that an actual new version of the Decepticon/Destron commander himself has made its way into the ranks of the Takara Tomy Masterpiece line! That's correct: MP-36 Megatron, the 2.0 of MP-5 has appeared in Japanese hobby magazine Figure King and shared across the internet, featuring its gun alt-mode, different facial expressions, the purple energon mace and a battle damaged version (maybe?), all due for spring 2017. Check out the images below and join in the conversation in the Energon Pub!

UPDATE: Actual Figure King issue scans added. From Loopaza, via Cyberpath.

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

Transformers News: Re: New MP Megatron is finally coming!!!!

This article was last modified on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 4:43am CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835236)
Posted by koolkollectibleskhai on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:37am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835238)
Posted by El Duque on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:37am CDT
Looks good and I love the toon accuracy, but I'm not sure this guy can replace my Despotron. I'll get it regardless, but Despo will be very difficult to usurp.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835242)
Posted by TherimusPrime on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:39am CDT
Well, put the Jazz and Hound talk on the back burner, this is the new kid on the block! :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835243)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:40am CDT
:shock:
It's just so beautiful. :CON:
:BOWDOWN:
:TAKARATOMY:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835244)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:40am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835245)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:41am CDT
koolkollectibleskhai wrote:Awesome comparison pics against the cartoon! Looks so cartoon accurate! Love the Takara style for sure!

Thanks!

I love how Takara chose the exact TOEI style that I wanted for Megatorn's face-sculpt. (Why the "cartoon" insignia though? [-()

Looking forward to some comparison pix with MP-10.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835246)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:41am CDT
The only thing that would make this thing any more perfect is if it could cure cancer. Literally the best-looking MP to date!

So now I just need to find a better-paying job that'll actually give me hours...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835248)
Posted by frogbat on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:43am CDT
Bit panelly in gun mode - looks interesting in robot mode tho not too convinced by the laughing head sculpt. Hope he is fun to transform or at least not too complicated. The original MP megs as most know was a nightmare. I think he's the one figure i've transformed the least since i acquired him.
Not to mention the cosmic rust...

can't wait to see him next to mp10 prime

I actually bought a little box with compartments to store all the extra bits n bobs that come with the MP lines and I don't display e.g. magnus' spare fists and hot rod's erm fishing rod. At times I prefer there being less gimmicks and accessories...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835250)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:47am CDT
I am excited. Shut up and take my money. :P
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835251)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:48am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Looking forward to some comparison pix with MP-10.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835255)
Posted by MrBlack on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Looking forward to some comparison pix with MP-10.

From that picture, it looks like his fusion cannon can shift to the outside of his forearm.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835258)
Posted by DeathReviews on October 21st, 2016 @ 8:59am CDT
Oh, MY.....
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835260)
Posted by Henry921 on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
Well, better see what other redundant organs I can sell.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835261)
Posted by william-james88 on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:06am CDT
frogbat wrote:can't wait to see him next to mp10 prime

And if he fits in prime's trailer :-?
:lol:

Alpha Dominus wrote:Wow! VERY pleasantly surprised! I figure the paint job is placeholder for now (I hope?) so I can look past that. Alt mode looks great and perfect scale for handling. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that profile. That is Megatron! Ironically, I think we have a winner for best leg design, 3rd party or official. Looking forward to future updates!

Yeah, its the best leg design by far. And he looks phenominal. Once again we see who the true masters are. Not that the others were bad, at all, but this is just perfect. To the point that i will be listing my appolyong to be sold after this post.

This guy does still look super hard to transform though, I am hoping for a more streamlined transformation, but it looks like we will still have that MP 05 transformation for the arms and torso. I hope its less frustrating, it should be. No MP has been frustrating since MP 10.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835262)
Posted by no-one on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:07am CDT
Well I just pooped a little :shock:

Megs looks amazing and perfectly scaled with Prime. Well now we just need some pre orders.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835265)
Posted by Overcracker on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT
Very, very interesting. :-?

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Guess I'll have to budget some things out of the queue to save up for this guy.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835268)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
Yes yes yes YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835269)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:19am CDT
Henry921 wrote:Well, better see what other redundant organs I can sell.
:lol: :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835272)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:21am CDT
great scale im dying.
awesome look
gun a bit small??
epic.
hopefully different decepticon isignas are avalable like with shockwave.
price estimate. better not be $200 or i will kill takara. hopefully $150 or $160, maybe cheaper.
preorders
:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
i knew i should have waited beat that third parties
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP36 Megatron Revealed [UPDATED] (1835274)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 21st, 2016 @ 9:23am CDT
oh yes

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron with Nucleon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY