Saturday, August 18th, 2012 3:47pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,801

HK-TF strikes again with another interesting solicitation find. It appears Takara Tomy is planning a Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime and Gaia Unicron two pack, which makes sense considering Gaia Unicron's combining gimmick. It also appears this set may be released under the Generations line. Image mirrored below.

Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime/Gaia Unicron Two-Pack

Credit(s): HK-TF

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 18th, 2012 4:32pm CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411099)
Posted by craggy on August 18th, 2012 @ 3:50pm CDT
very difficult to make out. I'll wait for more info before commenting on the looks.

Whilst I'm not overly concerned with getting him, I hope there's still going to be an individual Arms Micron release for Unicron for those who don't want to have to buy yet another Prime.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411104)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on August 18th, 2012 @ 4:05pm CDT
Oh yes, I must have him!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411130)
Posted by LiKwid on August 18th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CDT
Is that he clearest image we have seen of Gaia Unicron? I'd like to get a better glimpse before my pre order kicks in..
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411131)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 18th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT

Unicron on his own looks cool though.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411151)
Posted by PrymeStriker on August 18th, 2012 @ 6:15pm CDT
Eh, I bet someone will rip Optimus Prime out of the box and just sell Unicron on eBay (without removing him from the box), or sell him loose, or not.......
.....
....
...Look! A distraction!!!!

8-}
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411153)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 18th, 2012 @ 6:19pm CDT
Meanwhile some of us are still waiting for our first good look at the bloody figure.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that armour mode is retarded? Why the... when the **** would Unicron or Optimus do that. Megatron and Unicron, okay, but Optimus? Thats just lame marketing to try and sell both figures.

Unicron on his own looks cool though.

Unicron didn't have an alt-mode. Takara improvised. Takara failed.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411154)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on August 18th, 2012 @ 6:19pm CDT
I called it!!!

I said it would be Prime and Unicron teaming up for god only knows what reason and combining. HA!

Original post:

"Maybe, just maybe this hints at Unicron deciding he does love his babies (humanity) and giving Optimus a midseason upgrade to help save humanity from something.
Because Unicron/Prime team up would be epic on levels unheard of.

Also Unicron might be a triple changer, I defiantly see two modes that helpful arrow is pointing to."
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411155)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 18th, 2012 @ 6:21pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:You are not the only one. I just can't make this work in my head. Given the events of the series I wouldn't even say combining with Megatron makes sense. I can't imagine Unicron allowing himself to be used as armour or weapons for one of his rival's puny creations.

Unicron didn't have an alt-mode. Takara improvised. Takara failed.

Ya, its not in Unicrons character at all. I thought he had some sort of flying ship alt mode... or hovercraft or some crap. If the armour is the only alt mode he gets, it'll be easier to pass on this.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411159)
Posted by Heavy B on August 18th, 2012 @ 6:40pm CDT
Unicron....combines with......PRIME??? :BOOM:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411163)
Posted by RAcast on August 18th, 2012 @ 6:44pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

Unicron didn't have an alt-mode. Takara improvised. Takara failed.

The initial images of him showed a hovercraft/tank alt mode, fairly similar to Cybertron Unicron.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411194)
Posted by NTESHFT on August 18th, 2012 @ 8:17pm CDT

Clicked on image and noticed this......... Can't say I'm fond of this.....
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411196)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 18th, 2012 @ 8:19pm CDT
headsortails wrote:Image

Clicked on image and noticed this......... Can't say I'm fond of this.....

Haha I felt the same. Blurr is a pretty big car though, but BB is def atleast the smallest standard. Thankfully the Vehicon figure is just so amazing, it can get away with it.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411197)
Posted by RAcast on August 18th, 2012 @ 8:20pm CDT
headsortails wrote:Image

Clicked on image and noticed this......... Can't say I'm fond of this.....

It really is a shame NitroBee is so much smaller. He could have been such an awesome alternate rendition of the character and Axcelerator homage. That said, I like him, he's fun, he's just not spectacular.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411201)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 18th, 2012 @ 8:32pm CDT
I seriously cannot tell what is up with that set. But from what I could see, it looks like Unicron has an alt-mode that has him trying to violate Optimus. :P

Hmmm... That could explain why he chose to lose his memories in the series. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411203)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411208)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on August 18th, 2012 @ 8:50pm CDT
Unicron looks pretty cool... Though if the alt mode is just that exo suit, it's pretty lame.

As for Prime, if they released him in the Battle Shield dark colours, I would totally buy this... That battle shield prime looks boss! It's almost like the FE one!... Then comes the crappy regular AM Prime again...
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411215)
Posted by freaky777 on August 18th, 2012 @ 9:04pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Guys, just take the Takara Prime Nemesis Prime toy and combine THAT with Unicron. There. Problem solved.

That's a really good idea. I'm going to do that on my display shelf when they both arrive.

Anyways this line has way way more Decepticons than Autobots, the first of many as in the case of many other lines, my Autobots always outnumbered the Decepticons.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411224)
Posted by datguy86 on August 18th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CDT

Still, I love these types of box sets.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411230)
Posted by RAcast on August 18th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CDT
datguy86 wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if this Unicron possessed Optimus, since Unicron would need the power of a Prime to wield any WMDs derived from Primus or the original 13 Prime's power.

Still, I love these types of box sets.

And suddenly we have a theory that makes sense. I mean, Megatron has a handful of Prime-equippable-only artifacts after all, and Unicron will be weak for the time being, he needs a body. And who better than Prime? In fact, what better TOOL than that forging hammer to fix Unicron properly??
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron Optimus Prime / Gaia Unicron Two-Pack (1411231)
Posted by YRQRM0 on August 18th, 2012 @ 9:49pm CDT
There's a toy for Prime Unicron, and he combines with Optimus?? What year is it??

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Mega 3-Step Changer Action Figure Hasbro 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro Transformers Robots In Disguise Rid Mega Optimus Prime Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY