Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime

Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 6:52PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 27,795

Thanks to Seibertronian Sabrblade Takara has posted their Instructions for Studio Series Jetfire, and it appears as though there have been some extra parts added to said instructions. The main things to note are the addition of a section showing how to transform Jetfire's torso, arms, and head into the big cannon his combined form with Optimus Prime wields, as well as the addition of a section showing that you can store the Optimus Prime ab section that Jetfire comes with on his back, which is something that so far, no one has reported doing.

Before now, people could only guess how Jetfire formed the gun, but now we have some official instructions to show us how.

Check out the directions by following the link above, and let us know if this helps you form your Powered up Optimus Prime below!
Credit(s): TakaraTomy
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015763)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 23rd, 2019 @ 9:00pm CDT

That big ass hole in the back of his truck mode is glaring, but ultimately forgivable. Also, unlike the previous two SS Prime's, he has a much cleaner side view:

Here we can see the three SS diorama backgrounds:

Individual shots:

Bot modes, showing how much better than siege they are:

Weapons:

Vehicle modes:

Vehicle mode weapon storage (there may be other ways to do this on these figures, but I'm too tired to look it up):

The movie guys decide they have had enough of Siege's crap:

And they teach him a lesson:

I know a lot of original bayverse fans don't like this version of movie Prime from the Bumblebee movie, but for me, this is everything I've ever wanted in a movie Prime. I don't think I can state enough how much I love it and how awesome it is. Hope you enjoyed another round of my highly amateurish and slightly buzzed photo sessions.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015766)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on March 23rd, 2019 @ 9:12pm CDT
Love the photo comparisons, I truly love the Siege OP and the SS 38 OP for sure.

SGM
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015768)
Posted by MadProject on March 23rd, 2019 @ 9:48pm CDT
If I'm not wrong, I saw in a couple of reviews that you can storage the gun of Bee movie Optimus between the legs under the truck mode, filling the gap
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015769)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 23rd, 2019 @ 9:50pm CDT
The primes in unison "1,2,3,4, I declare an arm kibble war!"

Not sharing the love of siege prime but will have to wait and see on SS38 in hand.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015770)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on March 23rd, 2019 @ 10:02pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:While we have lost the different paint operations and character interpretations that Takara Tomy used to give us in the generations lines, prior to the brand unity goal, we do have new information that shows that Takara is still doing a few things different from their Hasbro counterpart.

I have a pretty BIG question as someone that's always 'physical copy'-whenever possible. Is anyone cataloging and preserving all of these Digital pieces of Transformers data? Like Instructions, the Siege secret stuff? The RiD scanning thingy?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015774)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 23rd, 2019 @ 10:29pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I tell ya, I just can't get over how good this figure is. In fact, I honestly feel he only has one real flaw:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we all know if there was something to fill that area in, it'd just end up making his backpack bigger ;)

Also, you're seriously swaying me towards getting this, I take your opinion's seriously in fig's I'm on the fence on, and I think I'll have to get him if I see him in hand :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015777)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 23rd, 2019 @ 10:47pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

SS38's gun is meant to fill in the gap in truck mode. Don't know how in particular it does, but it does

I was (and still am) extremely on the fence between Siege and SS38 Primes, but in the end, I decided to fill in the one empty spot that was unfilled for all of years of collecting and got Siege Megatron instead (finally filling in the void of a Megatron in my collection, and I don't regret it either)

However, this leaves an empty space for a proper Voyager Prime, so I may just get Siege Prime to go with my Siege Optimus
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015778)
Posted by morganprime on March 23rd, 2019 @ 10:47pm CDT
I thought the same thing but if you Google Peterbilt Freighliners from the 80's and look into the hitch area it looks just like SS38's leg/frame/axle area. Other than the first OP I ever got as a kid SS38 I think may be hands down the most perfect modern release of OP there is. This studio series line has me collecting about 95% of it and I was only trying to stick to SW figs!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015782)
Posted by Randomhero on March 23rd, 2019 @ 11:31pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Okay, so I haven't done one of these in quite a while, but check out some pics of SS 38 Bumblebee Prime and a few of his friends.

So your biggest gripe is a back of a cab that isn’t that far from accurate to a real semi truck cab?

Ever seen the back of a cab? They’re pretty gappy, see through and unnatractive. Most bak wheel areas of a cab is just a frame with wheels
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015796)
Posted by Yweggo on March 24th, 2019 @ 6:49am CDT
I'm not going to argue over what Prime is better, although I would like to know what about Siege Prime you don't like. But I will help with your gap problem.

IMG_0059.JPG

Hope this helps. :)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015818)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 24th, 2019 @ 2:00pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Thank you. I was going to say this myself.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015820)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 24th, 2019 @ 2:19pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Thank you. I was going to say this myself.

Yes and no. A large part of the empty space between the frame rails is filled by the transmission drivetrain to the rear tandems.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015821)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 24th, 2019 @ 2:24pm CDT
Why are you guys trying to ruin Optimus Prime's thigh gap? He worked hard to lose that weight! :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015823)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2019 @ 2:30pm CDT
I can easily forgive the small imperfections of the truck mode, considering how horrendous the robot mode is. From the front, the truck mode is damn near perfect. The windows are a bit high, but like I said, small gripes.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015827)
Posted by TAAO on March 24th, 2019 @ 3:24pm CDT
If you turn Bumblebee Optimus over and flip up the 2 grey panels next to the fuel tanks, you can fit the rifle in between the gap facing outwards. The 2 posts on the side of the rifle actually fit where the grey flaps lifted up. Once inside, the flaps will close back up, securely holding the rifle in place and filing in the gap. Hope this helps. If I have a chance later, I'll post a pic.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015932)
Posted by william-james88 on March 25th, 2019 @ 3:12pm CDT
New and different leader Megatron coming

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/43121/
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015951)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2019 @ 4:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Cheetor and Warrior Slipstream coming

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/43121/
For Cyberverse, though, right?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015958)
Posted by carytheone on March 25th, 2019 @ 4:27pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Cheetor and Warrior Slipstream coming

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/43121/
For Cyberverse, though, right?
I think the news staff may be over worked.

Let's for a second try and imagine what a Bayverse Cheetor would look like... :-?

Add some yellow and spots and that'd be about right ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015978)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 25th, 2019 @ 5:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Cheetor and Warrior Slipstream coming

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/43121/
For Cyberverse, though, right?

No, that listing says a Studio Series voyager and leader Megatron, only 2 SS figures on the list too. Wonder if we are set to get another TLK Megatron and a Movie 1 Megatron
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series Jetfire Directions Show Combination with Optimus Prime (2015995)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 25th, 2019 @ 6:36pm CDT
I'm still holding out hope for a leader class AoE Galvatron...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot In Disguise Hero Mashers Bumblebee, Sideswipe & Steeljaw." on EBAY
Buy "New- Transformers Age of Extinction Strafe Dinobot Spin Attack Deluxe Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDonalds Happy Meal Toy Transformers #7 Grimlock figure Sealed New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Laserbeak 1996 VGC" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 1:43 HOLLYWOOD RIDES TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME DIE-CAST-NEW-*HTF*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Slog " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class Laserbeak MOSC NEW" on EBAY