Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser

Sunday, May 24th, 2015 5:53am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 41,097

In addition to the recent reveal of both Takara Tomy Unite Warriors Superion and the big box the line will feature, TFYuki has also teased another silhouette for an upcoming combiner: the 1984 Autobot combiner!

What has just appeared in the latest issue of IDW Publishing's Combiner Wars, and is currently known as Optimus Maximus in the Hasbro nomenclature, the new combiner will include the Optimus Prime mold, plus the four rumoured Autobot limbs of Prowl, Mirage, Sunstreaker and Ironhide - though not fully confirmed as such. Check out the teaser below!

Credit(s): TFYuki

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 24th, 2015 6:01am CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689748)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 24th, 2015 @ 6:28am CDT
For Superion, I pre-ordered the Takara version from the get-go, as soon as I knew it was going to contain Slingshot. Even after the reveal of the Hasbro release of him as well, I figured it would be easier just to stick with my plan.

For Defensor, I originally planned to be happy with Legends Groove (he was, at least, still a part of the team!) and had the Hasbro versions pre-ordered. But after the reveal of Deluxe Groove, I found my mind changing and canceled those pre-orders so that I could make a new pre-order for the Takara version. (After about a day or so of worrying if I'd be able to do so for a semi-reasonable price!)

For the 1984 Autobot combiner, however, I think I shall just stick with Hasbro. (Hopefully they do proper reveals of the limb-bots soon!) Helps that in this case I already own the chest component, as Optimus is the one Combiner Wars figure (not counting Legends Class figures) that I already have in-hand. And as a new combiner, I don't have to worry too much about, "The make up of the team isn't quite right!" or, "I wish the decos could be a little better!"

(And, just so he isn't left out... For Menasor, I never had any plans on the Combiner Wars version. Fansproject beat Hasbro to the punch there with me, and I figured that I'd be able to enjoy the molds in question via their inevitable repaints.)
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689751)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 24th, 2015 @ 6:36am CDT
Va'al wrote:Image

What I'm able to discern, the limbs are these molds:

- Left Arm: Dead End/Streetwise
- Left Leg: Drag Strip
- Right Arm: Offroad
- Right Leg: Breakdown

How much you wanna bet this will be another limited release :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689763)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 24th, 2015 @ 7:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

Nope
D'oh! #-o Brainfart.

Then I guess it was for color contrast.

I think you meant Defensor. Defensor had black hands and feet modules.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689764)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 24th, 2015 @ 7:49am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689771)
Posted by munkimus prime on May 24th, 2015 @ 8:32am CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:I wonder what color hands and feet the 1984 Autobot combiner (either version, Hasbro's or Takara's) will have? There was that banner ad that featured artwork that will be presumably Hasbro's version, but I cannot recall off of the top of my head what color the hand in the image was...

I'm kind of hoping Hasbro's Autobot combiner comes with white hands and feet. That way I can give Superion the White ones and Optimus Maximus can have the black ones.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689773)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 24th, 2015 @ 8:54am CDT
munkimus prime wrote:I must say that Superion has a very nice box. I'm not sure if it's enough reason for me to get it but it does look pretty. :grin:

Well, I ain't buying it for the box myself, but a pretty box (as long as it doesn't inflate the price) never hurt anything.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689781)
Posted by Munkky on May 24th, 2015 @ 9:46am CDT
I can't wait for the 1984 Autobot Combiner. I've been combining my Voyager Optimus with the Deluxe Stunticons to get a rough idea of what it (and Menasor because I don't have Motormaster yet) will look like, and I think they're going to be excellent repaints. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689782)
Posted by Diem on May 24th, 2015 @ 9:56am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Diem wrote:They should know that there's a few thousand morons who are willing to pay more to "complete" a figure than we did for the actual figure itself.

It might be wise to avoid calling a large segment of the fandom morons. >:oP

Notice I used "we" there, I'm including myself among the morons here. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689786)
Posted by Powered Convoy on May 24th, 2015 @ 10:12am CDT
munkimus prime wrote:

Silver for the Hasbro one, and I imagine Takara will follow suit so Sunstreaker's engine is silver.

Randy
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689848)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:the one thing that hasbro should have done and i'm still wondering why, is the white hands and feet
why hasbro why? :BANG_HEAD:
Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

And provide more color contrast that keeps the overall figure from being too overwhelmingly white.

I do like the white hands/feet, though.

uh what are you taking about! i have an original superion i am looking at it right now and they are white!
here is a picture
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689850)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:20pm CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:
munkimus prime wrote:

Randy

actually G1 superion has white G1 defensor has black G1 bruticus has silver both hasbro and takara are the same!
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689853)
Posted by Rated X on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:32pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689855)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:37pm CDT
Rated X wrote:A combiner based on lazy repaints that never actually existed in any fiction. For those of you who want to re-enact the G1 episode "Masquerade" that badly, just buy two Menasors.

What if they just like combiners, period? I know I do :x
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689860)
Posted by steals_your_goats on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:44pm CDT

Don't like them, then don't buy them. No one is forcing you to get them so stop trying to ruin it for everyone else. I get that it's your thing to just hate everything new but if you got off your high horse for one second you might find that these things you constantly make fun of aren't really that bad.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689863)
Posted by Madeus Prime on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:49pm CDT

It's just for fun dude, I'm probably going to pick the limbs up stateside because I want a new Prowl, Ironhide, and Mirage (not all that fond of the Breakdown mold, skipping Sunstreaker).

BTW, wasn't there some product listings that indicated we're getting a new Wheeljack soon?
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689888)
Posted by Deadput on May 24th, 2015 @ 3:02pm CDT

Edit: Making my post less hostile.

A homage is a homage no matter how you look into it.

I don't think you know the definition of lazy enough to be able to call these repaints lazy.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689889)
Posted by Black Hat on May 24th, 2015 @ 3:05pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Is making useless posts your specialty?

Yes. X is our resident FUNposter.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1689904)
Posted by Flashwave on May 24th, 2015 @ 3:46pm CDT

For a num,ber of us, I suspect the Combiner aspect is second to having new versions of the characters. I've played around with Trqansforming Optimus, even toyed with head-canon ideas of the Matrix manifesting itself through his combined form, but I have nev er actually combined Prime and doubt I ever will, I just like his figure. (It's grown on me, and I think looks good next to Cloud Roadbuster/Crosshairs, IDW Bee, Gen Drift, Uni Hound, and AOE Rollbar.) If I do get any of them, Ironhide will be the first and he's immediately getting Prime Kup's cannons. But I'll have to wait for In Stores to make that call,

And actually, with Rook already being in the right colors, I plan on nabbing the Mirage fig to be Rescue Force 2, and using the fact that the reart spoiler can tilt to help represent the water cannons.
Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1690000)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2015 @ 7:23pm CDT
munkimus prime wrote:

The Hasbro ones look to be gray in this pic:

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Autobot Combiner Teaser (1690018)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2015 @ 8:10pm CDT
I just had an epiphany about the 1984 Autobot combiner.

Notice that the limb arrangement on the Takara version is not only a reverse of Hasbro's, but also has the four limbs specifically in the following placements:

Right arm: Ironhide
Left arm: Prowl
Right leg: Sunstreaker
Left leg: Ligier/Mirage

Know who else has a similar limb arrangement, color-wise? This guy:

This now has me VERY curious about the kind of deco the Optimus torso figure might have.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Legion Class Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 46, DROPKICK Bumblebee Movie, New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon SKIDS Deluxe Figure's ROOF Part Dotm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH WEAPONS AUTOBOT SKIDS CHEVY SPARK MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Deception Shockwave New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Soundwave DOTM Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Deluxe Autobot Sideswipe [Dark of the Moon] (MechTech)" on EBAY