Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack

Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack

Saturday, July 4th, 2020 7:19pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 33,777

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, -WonkoTheSane-, has let us know that Takara Tomy's official twitter feed has just released two new photos of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series voyager, Skipjack! Skipjack is a yellow redeco of Rampage who was one of the first constructicons released in the Studio Series line. He retains full combining ability, meaning that when he is released, you can give your Studio Series Devastator a yellow leg if you wished. Or alternatively, you can leave Rampage combined and have Skipjack on his own.

One of the photos released has Skipjack and Rampage side by side to show you the differences.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack

Will you be picking up Skipjack to go along with the other Studio Series Constructicons? Do you want him just on his own? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): -WonkoTheSane- from Seibertron, Takara Tomy Twitter Account

This article was last modified on Sunday, July 5th, 2020 3:17am CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070433)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:46pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:you can give your Studio Series Devastator a yellow arm of you wished.

Psst, yellow leg not arm
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070443)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 5th, 2020 @ 12:25am CDT
I think I’ll be picking up Skipjack, I like that it breaks up the red more on Devastator (although I kind of wish I had gotten Rampage to recreate his fight with Bee in ROTF).
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070447)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on July 5th, 2020 @ 2:00am CDT
Aside from the color, is there anything different about skipjack?
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070449)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 5th, 2020 @ 3:02am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:Aside from the color, is there anything different about skipjack?
No, color is it. But the color is important, since the bulldozer who's part of Devy in the movie was yellow.

Ideally, Rampage would have been a separate mold (or at least a heavy retool) that didn't combine (and thus, didn't make the sacrifices necessary for the combined mode).
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070451)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 5th, 2020 @ 3:18am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Psst, yellow leg not arm

D'oh! Argh, thanks for pointing it out :) I've edited the news story.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070569)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 5th, 2020 @ 8:28pm CDT
Cliffjumper has looked weaker as more pictures have come out, which is sad since he is getting a mold/tooling to himself and looked fairly good to start.

Overload continues to look even better. Excited for him.

Excited for Skipjack too. I love that mold, and I'll have no problem having Rampage as a standalone and Skipjack as a leg for my final Devastator
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070582)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 5th, 2020 @ 9:39pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070601)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 5th, 2020 @ 11:12pm CDT
I have Rampage in hand and he's still lacking. But such is retail paint austerity.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070757)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 6th, 2020 @ 7:52pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Is it just me, or do Rampage and Skipjack have really solid paint jobs and detail? The little caution sticker under their arms, all the little silver highlights. Compared to a lot of SS figs they have strangely detailed paint. Including the other constructions

Having Rampage in hand, the paint work is really strong, they really worked with that sculpted in detail. He may not have elbows, but the rest of the package makes up for it pretty well
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070931)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 8th, 2020 @ 12:49am CDT
Sighs I didn't want Skipjack... but these pics are REALLY selling me on him. Doesn't help I've loved every one of the ROTF Constructicons Studio Series has done so far. Argh... :BOOM: :-( :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070977)
Posted by MadProject on July 8th, 2020 @ 3:33pm CDT

transformers-studio-series-ss-65-voyager-class-blitzwing-review-p2070974.php#p2070974
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2070984)
Posted by Ig89ninja on July 8th, 2020 @ 4:32pm CDT
MadProject wrote:so there's an in-hand review of Blitzwing. As I theorized, the white head was an unpainted prototype for promo shot. The final toy has black head.

Well that certainly looks much better.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071033)
Posted by M. Spector on July 9th, 2020 @ 10:33am CDT
Well I purchased SS Shockwave the other day and last night put in my preorder for the DNA upgrade kit for his limbs and weapons. I love all the sweet new molded detail and paint work that went into the figure, it's just a shame that budget constraints meant his arm blade and hand would be gummy AF :( That's the only thing that really bothers me so far, even the throw away vehicle mode doesn't bother me. Honestly it kinda makes sense that he would have a similar tank mode to Megatron since they both remain in natural cybertronian form throughout the movie! Thankfully ol Shocky never transforms in the aforementioned film so he'll be perminatmetly displayed in robo mode ;)^
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071059)
Posted by MadProject on July 9th, 2020 @ 4:59pm CDT
got today my copy of SS Overload, and I can finally start to combine the Constructicons together!
I'm really happy with the general look of Devastator, they finally gave him a great toy after 11 years!
I can't keep him combined for now, since I don't have Rampage, as I skipped him to get Skipjack as soon as he'll be released (already preordered)

I found the grinder on Mixmaster a lot less loose than I read/saw from some reviews. It kinda tabs in.
The grinder has a couple of "hooks" that lock on the central part of Mixmaster's barrel, and also has a couple of slots that are, theorically, used to connect with the tabs of the side parts of the barrel.

Also, I found an alternative configuration where you leave out the front section of the truck, but can tab the grinder to the side parts. This also ends up with a slighty more accurate look, with the side parts of the barrel covering part of the grinder.
As soon as I'll be able, I'll provide you some pics of it.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071169)
Posted by Autobot N on July 10th, 2020 @ 8:49pm CDT
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... e.1196594/

Potential SS 86 Blurr and Kup, plus new Jazz (might be 86 as well). Bumblebee is apparently an already known figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071171)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 10th, 2020 @ 9:04pm CDT
Really.
"Meh" on Blurr, "Ehhhh.. mayyybe" on Kup (I'd frankly rather just get a 3P conversion kit to give TR Kup the Legends version's arms and the G1 gun), "I suppose if you don't have the 2010 Jazz" on Jazz, and "Yeah whatever" on Bumblebee. Come on, where's Wreck-Gar?
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071172)
Posted by Autobot N on July 10th, 2020 @ 9:11pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Really.
"I suppose if you don't have the 2010 Jazz" on Jazz
As a Jazz fan, the Special Ops Jazz is good, but my biggest want right now is a new Jazz with modern engineering and ankle tilts, so I'm really excited for this (if it's actually a G1 Jazz and not just a new movie one).

It's pretty weird that I may very well get new versions of two of my most wanted G1 characters (Jazz and Grimlock) through Studio Series.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071173)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 10th, 2020 @ 9:39pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Really.
"I suppose if you don't have the 2010 Jazz" on Jazz

Ankle tilts (which are fun, but which I can take or leave, myself) are the only "modern engineering" thing Special Ops Jazz doesn't have. Well, he also doesn't properly have 5mm hands, but those aren't exactly a "modern engineering" feature. He does however have compatibility with the original Jazz's missile launcher, so there's that. But you're right that this could just be a repack of movie Jazz (I don't think they'd do a new figure of him; what would be the impetus?) instead.
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071174)
Posted by Autobot N on July 10th, 2020 @ 9:47pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:But you're right that this could just be a repack of movie Jazz (I don't think they'd do a new figure of him; what would be the impetus?) instead.
Something I didn't think of earlier: if it's a repack, wouldn't have the old UPC (whatever that number is supposed to represent)? Apparently, Bumblebee has been identified as an existing/already leaked figure because he has the same code as another release (now which one, I have no idea), and I haven't seen anything similar for Jazz.

EDIT: Here's the news article with the UPCs
Re: Takara Tomy Twitter Shows New Images of Studio Series Skipjack (2071178)
Posted by LinaNui on July 10th, 2020 @ 10:44pm CDT
What is up with all the hidden text? Not like any of this stuff has spoilers.

As for the new listings, this is giving my theory more hope. My theory is that the 86 guys are going to be there own sub line in SS, so they do not take away from the real SS figures. This would work how ER and Netflix siege figures are released now. There have been 5 real SS deluxes and 4 (possibly 5) 86 deluxes now leaked. With one 86 leader leaked, now we just need the two voyager figures and it will match up with how wave 1 of the Netflix figures were released. This is just my theory and hopes.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Botcon 2013 Rainmaker Exclusive Deluxe Hotlink Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY