Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed

Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 8:57PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 18,402

Thanks to our very own Sabrblade and Twitter user gadepon we have our very first images of the upcoming King Poseidon combiner figure!

After all the questions surrounding whether Selects Turtler would come with his entire team to form the legendary King Poseidon, we have confirmation that indeed, we will be getting the King. The new images show us the prototypes for Turtler in all 3 modes as well as his first limb, Gulf! Gulf appears to be an extensive retool of one of the Terrorcon deluxe Blot, which is also what we were expecting.

We are only getting a look at Turtler and one limb, so we have yet to be told whether or not all 5 limbs are coming or if we will just get 4, and if we get 5 limbs if they will be targetmaster capable.

You can check out Turtler, Gulf, and King Poseidon with one leg below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Gadebon on Twitter
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024302)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 12th, 2019 @ 8:58pm CDT
Told you guys to have faith!
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024303)
Posted by Whifflefire on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:08pm CDT
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024304)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:09pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Told you guys to have faith!

Yesss thanks DMax! You are, thee max.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024306)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:12pm CDT
The silhouette shows Lobclaw to be an arm, so he's not getting omitted. Guess this means Overbite gets to be the gun.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024307)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:13pm CDT
Me: Kids’ College fund don’t we mean “kids’ college fund”? I mean how fluid is that term?

Wife: ......
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024308)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:21pm CDT
I waunt it. I waunt it now.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024309)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:26pm CDT
A few things to note here:

- Gulf/Skalor is a direct retool of PotP Blot, meaning only a few parts are changed; the Monster Mode head, Robot Mode head and the lower arms. I can't quite tell how they did the tail tho.
- It looks like King Poseidon/Piranacon will follow the PotP formula for the hands and feet, as evident in the lower right corner:

Upon closer inspection, the hands have individual fingers! :shock:
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024310)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:27pm CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024312)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:33pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Forgive me if I just haven't seen it somewhere, but is it confirmed, announced, etc. that this set will be Generations Selects only for Japan?
The name plates say "TakaraTomy Mall" in Katakana and "Generation Select" in Latin script. But, since Star Convoy will be on Hasbro Pulse as a direct import instead of a proper Hasbro release, King Poseidon may as well.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024313)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:36pm CDT

I don't know about confirmed, but this set will likely be available through Hasbro Pulse, like with Star Convoy ;)

I'd pay 150-200$ for this set, considering it has new accessories and combiner parts (don't think I missed those new feet!)
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024315)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 12th, 2019 @ 9:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Excellent, thanks! I don't know why Hasbro wouldn't just release it directly in Selects, but as long as I can get it either way, I'm good.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024316)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:04pm CDT
Those arm silhouettes absolutely appear to be Lobclaw and Kraken, so Overbite is probably the missing one. The same Twitter that provided the other pictures also provided a close-up of the combiner hands and feet:
Poseidon hand.jpg

Also it looks like from the separate tags that they are in fact selling them one component at a time, and I think Gulf's tail just kinda plugs into his back in bot mode? You can see it hanging down between his legs.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024318)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:08pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Image

Also of note, would the 6,500 be the price for Turtler? It sort of fits how Takara priced their voyagers in the legends line. Cause if so, then we're looking at $60 for Turtler alone... I mean I'm still gonna get them all, but it's gonna hurt :lol:
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024320)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:11pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Image

Well that is the tag in front of Turtler, so I guess it is? Yikes...I still want them, but yikes.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024323)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:30pm CDT
If that price is for Turtler...Oooh man this one is going to hurt. If he comes with those new, actually good looking hands and feet then it might be a bit more justified but man it's going to be a hard hit to take. I'm glad they are being sold as individuals, since that will make it easier than buying all of them at once (and easier on the wallet, since it will be several smaller purchases)
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024328)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2019 @ 11:17pm CDT

Each Limb will be $35
The Torso will be $60

So at minimum (if he only has 4 limb bots) that will make this combiner $200 USD + tax.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024330)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 12th, 2019 @ 11:26pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Just so people know straight up front, these are the prices in USD (and yes, Hasbro Pulse is charging the Japanese MSRP on imports):

Each Limb will be $35
The Torso will be $60

Well... It's better than my initial calculation of prices... I thought the limbs would be $40. Still not ideal, but for Piranacon/King Poseidon I'm willing to pay that considering the only alternative is a 3rd party figure that costs almost double that per part.

Also, I was wondering: What other combiners would you guys hope Takara might make for the Selects line? Personally, I hope we get a Road Caesar and maybe a new Leokaiser with Leozack and Jallguar wot go with him.
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024333)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 12th, 2019 @ 11:57pm CDT
are we going to get all 6 members because in g1 all limbs can be a gun or a limb and theres always a fifth member as a gun or will they just leave one out
b88bb3bb-94f5-4f10-afea-bb0327dc95bf.jpg
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024336)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:49am CDT
I'm not saying it's definitive one way or the other. But to me, this picture looks to be holding a sixth member rather than a standard weapon, but I can't be sure.

Piran02.jpg

Also, the same account has a picture of an MP-19+ that I was previously unaware of.

MP19+.jpg
Re: Takara Transformers Generations Selects Gulf, King Poseidon Revealed (2024337)
Posted by Emerje on June 13th, 2019 @ 12:49am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Upon closer inspection, the hands have individual fingers! :shock:

There's also a hole in the back which makes me wonder if they could double as stand bases.

Not sure what the wrist joint is like, it's just an empty space where it should be.

Where does Gulf/Skalor's sword come from? And why does he have a sword in the first place? I do see he has a hole under his alt mode jaw like the original so that confirms a gun mode.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Devastator Revenge of the Fallen MISB Constructicon Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Beast Machines Transformers 2000 Basic Maximal Scout BUZZSAW" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers BotCon Shattered Glass Ratchet Assembly Class Stickers sheet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Scrapmetal #41" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series #40 Shatter Action Figure New & Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Buildking  Grimlock-Hightower-Wedge & Heavy Load MISP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie McDonalds Meal Lot of 2 Cards  Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Soundwave w/ Buzzsaw 100% Complete 1984 Vintage Rare Great Shape" on EBAY