Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 12:56AM CST

Category: Reviews
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 9,850

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to regular reviewer and Seibertronian Chuckdawg1999, we have a review of Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee, a slight repaint of Titans Return Bumblebee which also comes with a retooled Headmaster Titan Master version of Spike, featuring the face of Cerebros as he appeared in the "The Rebirth" episodes of the US G1 series. While the character of Cerebros/Fortress had a vastly different origin in Japan (as Rebirth was initially ignored in Japanese G1 cartoon continuity, and not even broadcast on Japanese TV until 2007), he's still included with Bumblebee as an homage to that three-parter.

Are the paint differences and the inclusion of Spike enough for you to double-dip on this figure? Or dip into it for the first time? It's worth pointing out that with Takara and Hasbro figures having the same decos for the foreseeable future, this may be one of the last figures to have any differences between it and the Hasbro versions, thus, somewhat negating the Takara vs. Hasbro figure debate. Let us know your thoughts below after watching the video!

[/quote]
Credit(s): Chuckdawg1999
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929353)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 3rd, 2018 @ 2:24am CST
Slight correction: Spike is all new, no retooling whatsoever. The face plate has some differences with the Hasbro Emissary one, especially in the sculpted lines and the top of the crest:

Image
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929423)
Posted by reluctantyouth on January 3rd, 2018 @ 10:47am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Legends Bumblebee is basically the same figure as the TR version. The big difference is the inclusion of the Spike Headmaster featuring a Rebirth style head for Legends Fortress. It's ultimately up to you if Spike is worth a double dip.



Chuck,

Thanks for the review. I have not bought a Takara figure in a while. I had decided to concentrate on Legend figures only and this Bee/Spike combo looks really nice. Thanks for drawing attention to better paint match and new Spike mold. I ordered from BBTS...I know you said Amazon Japan was cheaper, but was having language issues with my computer and could not get site to convert into English correctly. $23.99 shipped and tax free is fine with me. I look forward to getting him. The box itself is worth the price of admission. ;)^
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929437)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 3rd, 2018 @ 11:27am CST
Seeing the improvements here in the color matching, bonus figure (and choice to not add Bayverse black stripe) are all a huge win for this Takara release. Definitely picking one up.

And I have to say, it's VERY disheartening to a collector to not have the option to "upgrade" to Takara quality control... or alternate paint job... in the upcoming future. I feel like it's an end of an era. Guessing maybe it's time to start painting my own rims.

What has me more bummed has been the abysmal paint, tampo, and sticker apps for the first wave of POTP. I'm getting swashes of bright blue eye paint down the sides of heads, blobs on shoulders, scratches, chips, crooked stickers. I've been digging through cases of toys to find a good figure... sometimes even going so far as buying two figures to try to cobble ONE good one together.

Is everyone else getting the same sub par quality across the nation? I'm struggling to find an "I can live with it" figure... much less a perfect one.

I'd hate to think I'd have to resort to importing identical Takara figures just to get decent quality control.
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929453)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 3rd, 2018 @ 12:20pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:I'd hate to think I'd have to resort to importing identical Takara figures just to get decent quality control.


Quality Control is done by the factory which is used by both companies, so there's no difference between Hasbro and TakaraTomy when it comes to issues. In other words, TakaraTomy figures are just as susceptible.
We only see less TakaraTomy issues comparatively because we're comparing one single country to the rest of the world in absolute numbers, which results in a skewed viewpoint.
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929457)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 3rd, 2018 @ 12:32pm CST
reluctantyouth wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Legends Bumblebee is basically the same figure as the TR version. The big difference is the inclusion of the Spike Headmaster featuring a Rebirth style head for Legends Fortress. It's ultimately up to you if Spike is worth a double dip.



Chuck,

Thanks for the review. I have not bought a Takara figure in a while. I had decided to concentrate on Legend figures only and this Bee/Spike combo looks really nice. Thanks for drawing attention to better paint match and new Spike mold. I ordered from BBTS...I know you said Amazon Japan was cheaper, but was having language issues with my computer and could not get site to convert into English correctly. $23.99 shipped and tax free is fine with me. I look forward to getting him. The box itself is worth the price of admission. ;)^


The Amazon mobile app can now do Amazon Japan in English.
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929495)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 3rd, 2018 @ 1:44pm CST
I do know they are done by the same factory, but wonder if there could be any different accepted-quality criteria. Since Hasbro is geared for children, the bar could be lower.

I only say this because I have been buying both lines. Takara toys have been literally flawless 99.9% of the time, while the Hasbro have had poor paint applications... not only in the toys I have purchased, but across hundreds I have checked. (I compare all the toys on the shelf and select the best paint.)

Maybe we will get some clarification from someone at a factory or from a company head... but until then, all I can go by is the toys I purchase and inspect on shelves. And from those I can see a clear trend.
Re: Takara Transformers Legends Bumblebee Video Review with Comparison to Hasbro Titans Return Figure (1929555)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 3rd, 2018 @ 5:00pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:I do know they are done by the same factory, but wonder if there could be any different accepted-quality criteria. Since Hasbro is geared for children, the bar could be lower.

I only say this because I have been buying both lines. Takara toys have been literally flawless 99.9% of the time, while the Hasbro have had poor paint applications... not only in the toys I have purchased, but across hundreds I have checked. (I compare all the toys on the shelf and select the best paint.)

Maybe we will get some clarification from someone at a factory or from a company head... but until then, all I can go by is the toys I purchase and inspect on shelves. And from those I can see a clear trend.


I have to agree. Almost every Takara figure I've bought has had a marked improvement in quality. The only exception that imediately comes to mind is Ghost Starscream from the Grand Galvatron set, although I know there are a few more.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
Twincast / Podcast #211:
"On The Prowl"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations TITANS RETURN Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Hascon Arcee Leinad Ultra Magnus MISB new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Master RAMHORN mini-vehicle + figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Returns head Masters - Autobot Ptero mini Figure generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus, Wheeljack, Mirage, Smokescreen & More Lot #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Blitzwing Voyager Class Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Galvatron Voyager Class Titans Return" on EBAY