Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee

Saturday, August 28th, 2010 9:38AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 86,650

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

At Chara Hobby 2010, Takara Tomy has revealed that the next Transformers Masterpiece Movie toy will be Bumblebee.
From the image, it is believe this figure is Battle Ops Bumblebee.


Image

Seibertron, Ultimate Resource Of Transformers!
Credit(s): Cybergundam Blog
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118565)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 28th, 2010 @ 9:58am CDT
A nice figure - probably the definitive figure except for it being out of scale.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118570)
Posted by whacko on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT
I would be more interested in this figure if it were a G1 Masterpiece Bumblebee.
As it is there are already a thousand movie Bumblebee toys. Also is a real masterpiece or a leaderclass with a little better paint job, like "masterpiece" movie Starscream?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118574)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:28am CDT
Where the hell is my Masterpeice Blackout already? Or Masterpiece Shockwave or Soundwave? So many good ideas for the Masterpiece series and yet they just take from the movieverse line and repaint them. Dumbasses.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118576)
Posted by First-Aid on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:31am CDT
Isn't that Battle Ops BB?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118578)
Posted by Rated X on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:37am CDT
We are all sick of Bumblebee figures. I own 9 and I am going to get stuck with a 10th one when I buy the red Rampage set. The Masterpiece line should be exclusive to G1 homages.

What we really want to see:

1. Wal-Mart G1 Masterpiece Thundercracker (to complete the set)

2. Hasbro Masterpiece coneheads

3. Masterpiece G1 Soundwave

4. Masterpiece G1 Galvatron

5. Masterpiece G1 Arcee

6. Masterpiece G1 Jazz (like the Botcon 2010 first prize custom figure)

7. Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with blue and red armor (not just a white Optimus Prime)

Hasbro...youve been doing pretty well this year. This is your chance to capitalize where Takara has failed. The Masterpiece line...make it happen !!!
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118586)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:58am CDT
Would you guys like some cheese and crackers? ;;)

And I called that big time! Takara is shying away from the Leader figures in their main movie line now, how else would you guys market them? Easily skipped for me though, I'm happy with my 3 (soon to be 4) deluxes.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118593)
Posted by Mkall on August 28th, 2010 @ 11:21am CDT
Kind of expected this. Not getting it either way though.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118623)
Posted by First-Aid on August 28th, 2010 @ 12:19pm CDT
Rated X wrote:We are all sick of Bumblebee figures. I own 9 and I am going to get stuck with a 10th one when I buy the red Rampage set. The Masterpiece line should be exclusive to G1 homages.

What we really want to see:

1. Wal-Mart G1 Masterpiece Thundercracker (to complete the set)

2. Hasbro Masterpiece coneheads

3. Masterpiece G1 Soundwave

4. Masterpiece G1 Galvatron

5. Masterpiece G1 Arcee

6. Masterpiece G1 Jazz (like the Botcon 2010 first prize custom figure)

7. Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with blue and red armor (not just a white Optimus Prime)

Hasbro...youve been doing pretty well this year. This is your chance to capitalize where Takara has failed. The Masterpiece line...make it happen !!!


I don't think it should be exclusive to G1. I'd like to see a Masterpiece BW Dinobot, Optimus Primal, or Megatron, maybe an actual MP movie Optimus- a new mold, not the Leader mold. I'd love to see a Leo Convoy MP or a Big Convoy MP, or some of the Japanese BW figures. Any of the movie characters would be fantastic IF they did new, more accurate molds. Honestly, though, it won't ever be a Hasbro line; the market for these types of figures is just that much bigger in Japan than here and Hasbro would never make any money on it without completely jacking up the prices and dumbing down the quality of the figures- the failure of the Alternators line should make that relatively obvious- they didn't sell nearly as well as Hasbro thought they would, and look what Hasbro's quality dept did to THOSE figures. THe domestic versions were downright pathetic next to Takara's.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118633)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 28th, 2010 @ 12:40pm CDT
I'm getting tired of these rip-offs of already-released figures and naming them Masterpieces in Japan. Not cool, Takara. Not cool. Even thought they have more accurate paint schemes, you're not getting our wallets this time. Ok maybe Blurrz's, but not mine. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just messing around with you, Blurrz. Not serious.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118634)
Posted by joesaysso on August 28th, 2010 @ 12:44pm CDT
Quite frankly, the mold itself looks like one of the very best, and most movie realistic molds that has been made. With that said, I will pass. Simply because of that f'n cannon arm. Bumblebee has his arm in "cannon mode" for about 15 seconds combined in both movies, yet every f'n figure that comes out has an f'n cannon arm and I am utterly sick of it. It especially angers me when they ruin a good/great mold with the damn cannon arm, like for example the stunning mold discussed in this thread. Somebody somewhere in the Has/Tak chain of command needs to be choked out over this cannon arm thing.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118636)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2010 @ 12:51pm CDT
joesaysso wrote:Quite frankly, the mold itself looks like one of the very best, and most movie realistic molds that has been made. With that said, I will pass. Simply because of that f'n cannon arm. Bumblebee has his arm in "cannon mode" for about 15 seconds combined in both movies, yet every f'n figure that comes out has an f'n cannon arm and I am utterly sick of it. It especially angers me when they ruin a good/great mold with the damn cannon arm, like for example the stunning mold discussed in this thread. Somebody somewhere in the Has/Tak chain of command needs to be choked out over this cannon arm thing.


70's Camaro, Camaro Concept and Cannon Bumblebee would like to have a word with you :P
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118638)
Posted by 009* on August 28th, 2010 @ 1:15pm CDT
I wonder if they'll tweak the current Leader Optimus to get it the line, or wait for the third movie?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118676)
Posted by Kibble on August 28th, 2010 @ 3:37pm CDT
joesaysso wrote:Quite frankly, the mold itself looks like one of the very best, and most movie realistic molds that has been made. With that said, I will pass. Simply because of that f'n cannon arm. Bumblebee has his arm in "cannon mode" for about 15 seconds combined in both movies, yet every f'n figure that comes out has an f'n cannon arm and I am utterly sick of it. It especially angers me when they ruin a good/great mold with the damn cannon arm, like for example the stunning mold discussed in this thread. Somebody somewhere in the Has/Tak chain of command needs to be choked out over this cannon arm thing.

If that's the only reason, you should be happy to hear the cannon is retractable on this fig with a regular hand underneath...

Same type of deal with the new deluxe fig, which sad to say because I'm as sick of BB figs as anyone, is actually quite nice.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118683)
Posted by joesaysso on August 28th, 2010 @ 3:53pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
70's Camaro, Camaro Concept and Cannon Bumblebee would like to have a word with you :P



Fine, fine. And first I'd say, "70's Camaro BB, you don't even get to talk because you are an utter turd of a toy so go to the corner and shuddap before I turn you into kitbash fodder." Then I'd turn to Cannon BB and say, "Man, so close for you Cannon BB. So close. If only you came packaged with a real weapon instead of some goofy gimmick that wasn't even featured in a movie. Your eyes are so big that they kind of scare me. And while you did get two arms, your hands are utterly useless since you didn't come packaged with a weapon and even if you did, the hands you have couldn't hold it anyway. Sorry but get over into the corner with 70's Camaro BB." Finally I'd turn to Concept Camaro BB. "Looks like its just you and me, buddy. One good mold of BB out of the bunch with two good arms. Good ahead and get cozy on my shelf. Let me know if you need anything. Thanks to what Hasbro is doing with the Bumblebee character, it looks like you are going to be there a long time."
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118709)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on August 28th, 2010 @ 5:08pm CDT
joesaysso wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
70's Camaro, Camaro Concept and Cannon Bumblebee would like to have a word with you :P



Then I'd turn to Cannon BB and say, "Man, so close for you Cannon BB. So close. If only you came packaged with a real weapon instead of some goofy gimmick that wasn't even featured in a movie.



I would suggest you rewatch the battle scene with Brawl and BB in the first movie then. As far as having the cannons in car mode, well I think that was just a perk of the toy.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118738)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on August 28th, 2010 @ 6:52pm CDT
Pontimax 01 wrote:
joesaysso wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
70's Camaro, Camaro Concept and Cannon Bumblebee would like to have a word with you :P



Then I'd turn to Cannon BB and say, "Man, so close for you Cannon BB. So close. If only you came packaged with a real weapon instead of some goofy gimmick that wasn't even featured in a movie.



I would suggest you rewatch the battle scene with Brawl and BB in the first movie then. As far as having the cannons in car mode, well I think that was just a perk of the toy.


i'm 90% sure that bumblebee uses them in the games
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118748)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 28th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
009* wrote:I wonder if they'll tweak the current Leader Optimus to get it the line, or wait for the third movie?

Considering Prime gets a trailer in the third movie, I would guess they'll wait to TF3.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118806)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 28th, 2010 @ 9:33pm CDT
What a crappy idea.....so tired of BB it pains me to see this.....
I really want a MP Wreck-Gar! I certainly don't need ANOTHER movie BB.

How many movie BB does it take to screw in a light bulb?
I don't know, i lost count cause they keep coming!!
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118822)
Posted by Regimus Prime on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:26pm CDT
Oh wow! Another movie Bumblebee. The world definitely needs this. And I do agree that MP's do need to be exclusive to G1 because those of us who are "old" enough to remember how the action figures never really lived up to their cartoon (especially Transformers the movie) counter parts. Where as the new movie figures , especially since ROTF, are more similar to their on screen representations.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie 02 - Bumblebee (1118825)
Posted by First-Aid on August 28th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
Regimus Prime wrote:Oh wow! Another movie Bumblebee. The world definitely needs this. And I do agree that MP's do need to be exclusive to G1 because those of us who are "old" enough to remember how the action figures never really lived up to their cartoon (especially Transformers the movie) counter parts. Where as the new movie figures , especially since ROTF, are more similar to their on screen representations.


True, but that's what the Generations line is for, isn't it? Honestly, I'd almost kill for a show acurate Beast Wars Dinobot...the figures they made of him were relative turds when compared to the show. And he IS a Hall of Famer...and was selected over a number of G1 characters, too, by the fans. The MP line should be characters of ANY TF line that have become iconic, gone beyond what they originally were. Those characters existed in every toy line and every show. Beast Machines was a mediocre series with mostly bad figures, but a few characters did stand out...Tankor/Rhinox for example. I wouldn't mind an MP version of him. LIke I said, Dinobot is a great one. Animated could have an Omega Supreme MP...and let's not forget the Japanese series too. Masterpiece is a fantastic line that really should not be limited to the scope of G1 but open to ALL of the TF mythos.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
Twincast / Podcast #211:
"On The Prowl"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Last Knight Premier Edition #Leader Class Dragonstorm IN-STOCK" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Legion Class DRAGONSTORM Figure Dragon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY