Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features

Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 9:26am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,264

The details on Takara Tomy's recently revealed Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus continue to roll in! Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted a list of accessories that will accompany the figure, which will include both Spike and Daniel minifigures. As expected based on the prototype images there will be a face swap feature, plus alternate fists. They go on to state he will be a new mold, and the cab does not have to detach from the trailer for transformation.

Robotkingdom wrote:This item includes:
  • Ultra Magnus Main Body
  • Face for Exchange X 1
  • Weapon X 1
  • Daniel Figure X 1
  • Spike Figure X 1
  • Fist for Exchange
  • Manual

Transformation from Robot to Car Carrier mode do not require the remove of the Cabin.
Vehicle mode can fit in 4 other MP size Cars.
Totally new mold item.

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568223)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 24th, 2014 @ 9:30am CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568237)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Spike again? That is now three Masterpiece Spike figures. Why not use Carly?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568238)
Posted by Seibertron on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Spike again? That is now three Masterpiece Spike figures. Why not use Carly?

I imagine it'll be adult Spike and Daniel with their "futuristic" white suits from the Animated 1986 movie, the 3rd season and Headmasters.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568241)
Posted by megatronus on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:13am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

That's what I figured, too. I just hope that they have the Dr Wu Partners level of detail, and not MP-10 Spike's level of detail.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568242)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:14am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure it will with Daniel being included it's just the third time they have done the character. Also, am I the only one who see's this:

Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568244)
Posted by megatronus on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:15am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Excited alright but does that mean no white Prime? (The no need to disconnect the cab description)

I'm not sure if they're being coy so that they can reveal the inner robot later with great fanfare, or because there is no inner robot. Sigh. The suspense.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568250)
Posted by User897 on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
Can someone recommend the best deal for this guy to the USA? I'm so tired of the ridiculous markups!
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568261)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:40am CDT

I'll be among the first to own this figure.

Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568262)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:45am CDT
Ultra Magnus wrote:Yep. Must have. Definitely must have. I hope the inner robot is Minimus ambus and not just a Prime repaint. Though, I always liked the White repaint of prime, but only because it was like the silver alloy-coated Prime from the Season 3 episode "The Return of Optimus Prime". :-B

I'll be among the first to own this figure.

Do we even know for sure the cab transforms? As in, into a proper, stand-alone robot? :-?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568268)
Posted by darkchronos on April 24th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
good news to know what will be included, another possible good new, according to big bad toy store there's a price drop, here's the email I got a few minutes ago:

Thanks!
Joel

hope it's true, last time with MP Soundwave there was a price drop then a price increase :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568277)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 24th, 2014 @ 11:24am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'll be among the first to own this figure.

It honestly doesn't seem likely. This new info states 'totally new mold item'. That can be read to mean it's all new, which omits an MP 10 repaint. 2 out of 3 translations of the magazine scan state no cab robot, and the article goes to length to describe the cab 'shares parts with MP-10' like the grill and tires etc. If it was MP 10, it's a no brainer it would share parts :lol: . That plus scrutinising the pics suggests no inner robot from the cab...

Although...

This here does say it does not 'need' to detach to transform. Maybe the cab 'can' detach if you want to, but is not a requirement to get him to Ultra Magnus mode. Maybe the cab can turn into a robot of some sort, but isn't an MP-10 repaint. Maybe I'm a little obsessed with this topic now and need a good walk in the sun...

I'm leaning toward it having no inner cab robot from what we have so far. But admittedly what we have is very little, so who knows. I mean, why alternate fists? Who saw that coming? :-?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568285)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 24th, 2014 @ 11:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:@hinomars19 - I think you're mistaking me for things said and asked by Doctor McGrath and TimothyR. All I've said was some clarity on the Japanese text and noting the cartoon-focused nature of the MP line. The other two were asking (out of innocent curiosity, in Doctor McGrath's case) about why folks want a White Prime and (in TimothyR's case) defending the show-accurate nature of this figure. I was doing neither.

Ahh, then you most certainly deserve an apology. It was indeed TimothyR's comment I was referring to, the quote headers got me confused as one of your posts was in there. Not an easy mistake to make given I know how the layouts of quoting work (not like I'm a newbie here), so there is no excuse-I apologise! I'm usually much more careful, but I will be doubly so from now. (I'll also edit my original post)

Sorry again, especially since the mix up was over such a harsh backlash!

On that note, defending the show accurate nature of the figure is certainly not a problem to me. I just didn't feel right about the way TimothyR's comment went about it.

Again, sorry Sabrblade.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568295)
Posted by fifield53 on April 24th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT
I think UM looks great. Only things i would nit pick at this point would be that back kibble (should be able to fold up) and the eyes. It's looks like his eyes are too small from what they were in the cartoon and in TFTM. I think he loses a lot of his signature look without those big baby blues. Hopefully we will get a closer shot of his face and will prove me wrong.
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568296)
Posted by El Duque on April 24th, 2014 @ 12:09pm CDT
In our second piece of MP-22 Ultra Magnus news for the day, site sponsor BigBadToyStore has notified those with existing pre-orders that the price has been dropped from $279.99 to $189.99! While this is certainly welcome news, keep in mind the official solicitation from Takara Tomy has yet to be received, and the price is still subject to further change. The big guy is tentatively scheduled to arrive in December, of course that to is subject to change.

BBTS wrote:Hi - We have just learned more about the pricing of the MP-22 Ultra Magnus. The figure is set to sell in Japan for 19,440 yen retail. We have adjusted your preorder from $279.99 down to $189.99! Please note that the official solicitation has not yet been sent out from Takara, and the 19440 Yen retail price is subject to change. If the retail price goes up, we will need to adjust our pricing up proportionally, but we hope that will not be the case. Thanks so much for preordering from BBTS and we can't wait for the MP-22 to arrive!

Thanks!
Joel
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568303)
Posted by leokearon on April 24th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CDT
This just gets better and better
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568307)
Posted by skynet1O1 on April 24th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568313)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 24th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT
I know there are tons of Digibashes out there but this is what I want.

Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568329)
Posted by s1ck3nd on April 24th, 2014 @ 1:43pm CDT
Hopefully he's able to have that trailer removed if needed...not a fan of that "citizen Stack" version. For $200 I'd like my OG style Magnus please! ;)
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568330)
Posted by shajaki on April 24th, 2014 @ 1:44pm CDT
skynet1O1 wrote:YES!! YES!! This looks awesome!! And I'm so glad the current rumor on pricing is under $200. Now where's my Wheeljack!??!!
price drop is phenominal. anyone else think its funny how he ended up being almost the exact same prices as KFC's?
Re: Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Accessories and Features (1568331)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 24th, 2014 @ 1:47pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

I think it is the reason we are seeing the prototype so early too.

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "New Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Bumblebee A6952 Open Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RobotsIn Disguise Megatronus 12" 5 Step Changer 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Headmaster Alpha Trion" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Prime Kreo A6952 Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybetron Generations Selects Shattered Glass SG Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 Terrorcon Cutthroat for Abominus 1987" on EBAY