Monday, March 26th, 2012 11:19pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,638

Look what just arrived at the Robotkingdom warehouse! Takara's Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 through AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0. Check out all the in-package images from their facebook page below. These should start shipping on March 31st!

• AM-01 Optimus Prime
  • AM-02 Bumblebee
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper
  • AM-04 Ratchet
  • AM-05 Megatron
  • AM-06 Skywarp

These images give us a good look at the Arms Micron figures, which as previously reported do come on sprues requiring assembly, and the stickers sheets.

MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0 - all Robotkingdom orders will come with the commemorative coin.

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 7:18am CDT

Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362601)
Posted by RX93 on March 26th, 2012 @ 11:37pm CDT
Seems like we are required to put on the stickers for the Deluxe robots ourselves too!? Kidding here!?
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362608)
Posted by Mkall on March 26th, 2012 @ 11:52pm CDT
Anyone else think Takara's taking the cheap route out with the build-your-own-minicon approach?
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362610)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on March 27th, 2012 @ 12:07am CDT
i can see customizers and model kit fans enjoying these figures, the stickers approch gives those whod prefer to paint the figures to match thier ideal looks a chance to do so without having to remove what on already.

as for the minicons, come on hasbro, blindbag and put these things out individually
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362636)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:31am CDT
Referring to the artwork on the front of Ratchet's packaging: does he have a double right forearm? It doesn't look quite right.

And how naked does he look without the stickers? I agree with what grimdragon2001 says about giving customizers the option to do the figures right, but when you're paying premium for these Takara versions I'd like it to be right straight out of the box.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362665)
Posted by NamelessOne on March 27th, 2012 @ 7:25am CDT
So, Takara aren't even taking the chance of letting the customer even SEE what they're buying before they've bought it!!!!

:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362680)
Posted by freaky777 on March 27th, 2012 @ 8:55am CDT
Woo.. can't wait for this weekend, since I pre-ordered all 6 of them, gonna not use the stickers though. And I kinda gotten over the 'craters'.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362681)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on March 27th, 2012 @ 8:59am CDT
I literally "WTF!?" when I read this news...Are you kidding me!? Here's some thing to prove Takara is getting dumber :-

1) Box packaging - Seriously we cant even see what we buy!? I mean I know you can ask the store employee to open it but it will just be annoying for them and for us to have them open it up for each of the deluxes -.-...

2) Minicon building - Wow serious!? Now we even need to start building our own TF(s)? I am utterly speechless...

3) Stickers - We even need to put the stickers ourself!? Wanna know why I rarely buy gundams? Because I hate putting stickers. If you mess up just a tidbit it would look horrible on the figure -_-...

4) Overprice - So we pay for this figures with alot of money and let's see what we have to put up. Cant see the figure,we have to build the minicon ourselves and finally we need to apply stickers!?

Well it's official people. Takara is finally getting dumber than Hasbro. I totally didnt expect this to happen so soon...

PS : R.I.P Takara. You had your good moments. We will miss ya.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362683)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:18am CDT
Wakarimasen...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362685)
Posted by Samsonator on March 27th, 2012 @ 9:21am CDT
The model builder in me is slightly intrigued by these, but to be honest, the sheer price of importing these figures makes it not really hobby material for someone like me who's barely making it paycheque to paycheque.
That said, all the official images still make these stickers look like crap.

I'm also really not liking how the characters' individual weapons available in the Hasbro releases are seemingly absent from these releases in favour of Microns who transform into something vaguely resembling the character's onscreen weapon. This poses problems especially for the types who dual wield.
Take Ratchet, for example. US Figure comes with two blade weapons, Japanese comes with one, granted that one is also a Micron, but if you want to have him with two blades, you either need to buy a second one, or wait to see if these things eventually do get a Micron Booster or similar release.

Takara, I'm all for a company taking a property they've been dealing with for many years and doing something different with it, but this whole thing just screams bad idea to me. I hardly think this is a move that's going to spell downfall for either the brand, or the company, but I just hope they get through this quickly so we can all forget about it, and move on.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362699)
Posted by freaky777 on March 27th, 2012 @ 10:05am CDT
BTW if you go to their facebook page you can see the rest of them unpacked and the stickers. Since the stickers are also a hot topic. People are discussing about:

1. Stickers
2. Weapons (Not coming with the Hasbro ones)
3. The port holes aka Craters

Even though Im getting all the Takara's ones, I feel that this is a missed opportunity for them too. Microns ftw though.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362709)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 27th, 2012 @ 10:59am CDT
I'm a bit torn on the microns being DYI.

On the one hand, I buy so many unassembled figures already(wargames, Lego, Halo megabloks, Kreo), I feel a bit hypocritical for not liking the fact that I need to assemble them.

On the other hand, other than the aforementioned Kreo sets, it's not something I'm used to doing for my Transformers collection, so I fell like it's something that should have been done at the factory.

As for the sticker, IF I ever end up buying this Skywarp, he's ending up on the painting table between whatever batches of Skaven I'm working on at that time.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362713)
Posted by xyl360 on March 27th, 2012 @ 11:14am CDT
I kinda like the boxes and the idea of the stickers. That stuff really reminds me of G1, and I think that's what Takara was shooting for here.

As for having to assemble the microns, it's not a deal breaker for me. They look quite simple so it should be on par with building Fansproject's Superion armor to put it in combined mode (which was quite easy).
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362723)
Posted by noodles2go on March 27th, 2012 @ 11:54am CDT
Call me an oddball, but I'm actually quite jealous of the Takara versions. My only complaint would have to be the sticker apps and that Megs is a deluxe... hopefully our Eastern brethren will get a proper voyager. That said, I LOVE the arms microns way better than the crap powerizer weapons our voyagers are getting (save for voyager Megs), and they are better alternatives to some of the weapons our deluxes got, such as Cliffjumper's engine gun/hammer. Bumblebee's and Rachet's look great to me even though they only come with one. And I actually love the idea of building my own toy... It'd be great if Hasbro released these later as a group or something.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362761)
Posted by El Duque on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CDT
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has provided another pictorial update on MP-11 Starscream Version 2.0. These images give us a look at the latest Masterpiece figure freed from his cardboard prison, and show off his new coronation set and mold modifications. Check out the images mirrored below, the figure is scheduled to start shipping on the 31st!

Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362768)
Posted by sky_fire12 on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:36pm CDT
Seems somewhat different than what we saw in earlier pictures. I'm pretty sure the face wasn't this dark. Just comes to show you cant trust photo editing. Im also very disappointed to see there's no stand included for jet mode, lets hope some 3rd party company can step in and make that happen.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362779)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 27th, 2012 @ 1:55pm CDT
I'm liking all the little differences between this and the first version in addition to the cape and crown. I never used the stand myself, but I guess it's too bad it's missing. Ditto the more realistic missiles.

Still, all I have right now is the green version. The G1 colored version of that was just never different enough for me to go out and buy ... in that respect the iGear one was tempting. But this one is even moreso.

I wonder how this compares to their first prototype. The prototype for this version showed all new sculpted parts on an existing toy, so they must be different.

edit: for your consideration ... MP Starscream version 1:

So it looks like it's mostly just the first version. Except for, maybe, the feet. Even the null rays look like they were from version 1 Starscream.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362785)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:07pm CDT
Great comparision pics between the original MP Screamer and the "New Leader". It's fun looking for all the little tweaks made for the new version, but I'm so glad we're finally getting a new pilot. I'm not too pleased with how the dome of his crown turned out, but I'm looking forward to getting this set in-hand.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362786)
Posted by Kibble on March 27th, 2012 @ 2:17pm CDT
MP-11 looks really good. Too bad it's not still available through amiami or I probably woulda bit at their 9530 JPY price...or maybe it's a good thing it wasn't available. Guess I'll have to wait for a BBTS sale or US release. It's just too bad they didn't do it this way the first time around...

Also curious if there's been any improvement to the wing hinge. Those pieces were too damn fragile on the other versions.

Also pt II why is Sunstorm cheaper than Starscream on yahobby.com? Weird...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362816)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:16pm CDT
WTF I thought the stickers where only for the Microns?!

Other than that and the lack of weapons I like everything about these, the packaging is awesome.

I may pick up some of the Micron boosters if they are also unassembled.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-01 to AM-06 and MP-11 Starscream 2.0 In-Package Images (1362821)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 27th, 2012 @ 3:25pm CDT
Definately looks like an improvement over the original MP figure. I'm sorely tempted by the glory of Starscream. :CON: :BOWDOWN: :CON:

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY