Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot

Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 9:39pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 26,680

Thanks to Planet Iacon Facebook page we get our first look at Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion! And like many fans has been speculating Slingshot is included! From the pictures it looks like Slingshot is a retool/redeco of Combiner War Firefly.

Check out the pictures we've embedded below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot

Edit: In the second picture you can also see Takara's Adventures TAV01 Bumblebee. You can check out our galleries of Hasbro's Bumblebee here. Let us know if you can spot any differences!

Credit(s): Planet Iacon Facebook page

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 10:30pm CST

Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641709)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on January 21st, 2015 @ 9:47pm CST
I was totally fine with getting the hasbro versions, but seeing this, AHSGDK NESHKSO GEEWUN J ST VSKSY.I am devided to say the least.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641712)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 21st, 2015 @ 9:50pm CST
I think that just made up my mind on which one to get. Winner!
Does anyone who has these yet know if the legs can be mounted with the plane bits around the back like the G1 version?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641713)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 21st, 2015 @ 9:55pm CST
The color lay out on Hasbro's silverbolt is more dynamic.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641714)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 21st, 2015 @ 9:55pm CST

Desslok2201 wrote:I think that just made up my mind on which one to get. Winner!

Looking at mine, it is possible, but because you have canopies and wings and other junk in the way, you can't get a whole lot of movement on Superion's knees.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641715)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 21st, 2015 @ 9:58pm CST
WELL, this may be a rare case where I buy Takara's version and totally ignore Hasbro's. Not sure I've done that since...Micron Legend Shock(Tidal)Wave...?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641717)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:00pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Here's hoping that they're available separately... I love Alpha Bravo to death, don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites (if not the favorite) of the first wave, but for a true Classics-style Superion, we need the whole original crew!

Thanks. The G1 version had no movement there either, but I just think it looks odd with the planes in the front.
Does the return of Slingshot mean there's hope for Wildrider?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641718)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:02pm CST
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641719)
Posted by TK415 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:04pm CST
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641720)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:08pm CST
TK415 wrote:I can’t decide if this is totally awesome or totally messed up on Hasbro’s part. I like the idea of mixing and matching, it is more dynamic, frees things up, it is creative and fun. Of course a G1 set up is so fun and exciting as well. Options are good. Change it every few months or never change it. I hope Hasbro releases Slingshot here. It would be messed up to have the figure and to basically withhold it. I know they don’t bother with perfect distribution of figures but to deny fans of 20% of a group is cold.

I'm sure Hasbro doesn't see it that way. They're fully committed to drinking the IDW Kool-Aid and as far as they're concerned, they released a full set.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641722)
Posted by TK415 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:17pm CST
grimdragon2001 wrote:Ya know whats funny, I actually bought a second Firefly to repaint into Slingshot

Dude! I bought two Fireflys too. I wasn't going to sully Superion with a Decepticon, and I wasn't going to wait months for Airraid. The symmetry of colors from two Firefly arms looks good. It’s funny, four mismatched figures/colors looks good. Or I want a color scheme that matches like two red arms and two white legs.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641726)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:28pm CST
I kind of want a Slingshot figure...

... Because then I can play with Alpha Bravo while I work at my desk and not have to feel bad about Superion standing there with just the one (evil) arm.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641727)
Posted by megatronus on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:33pm CST
Well well well... this is pretty awesome.

I wonder if this will come in a gift set or separately. Either is cool - a gift set would look AWESOME, but really, Slingshot is the only one I absolutely need...
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641728)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:34pm CST
well at least one company knows what the fans want & actually does it
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641729)
Posted by Convoy on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:38pm CST
TK415 wrote:

This is what Hasbro calls, to quote the wacky Charlie Sheen, "Winning!"
...funny...
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641730)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:41pm CST
megatronus wrote:Well well well... this is pretty awesome.

I've been hearing box set =/
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641732)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:51pm CST
Any ideas on pricing yet?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641733)
Posted by jamarmiller on January 21st, 2015 @ 10:52pm CST
Soooooooooo when is it due out ?

So happy i waited for Takaras !

Looking forward to buying the AB mold as Vortex or Blades though
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641736)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 21st, 2015 @ 11:04pm CST
Seeing how 3 of the Aerialbots are damn near indistinguishable in robot mode, I have to wonder how G1 managed to get away with it... along with making 90% of the Autobots red and white.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641737)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 21st, 2015 @ 11:10pm CST
ISP brain f@rt.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite UW-01 Superion with Slingshot (1641738)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 21st, 2015 @ 11:13pm CST
Bought! Pays to be patient :grin:

Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Cny Year Of The Horse Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Special edition Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot incomplete Hasbro missing weapons Hot Shot Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "KREO KREON FIGURE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS MOVIE AOE GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime 12" Target Exclusive" on EBAY