Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis

Wednesday, December 16th, 2015 9:16pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,712

Resident Transformers Guru, Sabrblade, has been nice enough to not only share with us that the Unite Warriors Gran Galvatron comic is now available for viewing at Takartomymall but to also dissect the details for us and sum up all the interesting tidbits (after the images). This is very helpful because the comic is in Japanese. Enjoy!

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis

Sabrblade wrote:Takes place in the year 2021, ten years after Galvatron's death in the Arctic in The Headmasters cartoon.

Galvatron's soul isn't quite dead and takes possession of Cyclonus, upgrading Cyclonus's body in the process.

Unicron's remains are in the Triple Z Point, first seen in Beast Wars Neo.

Unicron still has Metroplex and Trypticon's eyes.

Unicron summons the deceased Armada Thrust, the deceased Prime Breakdown, and the long lost IDW Roller, reviving the former two and upgrading all three as well.

Starscream's ghost shows up (guess the new body Unicron gave him in season 3 didn't last, or he could have come from another point in time when he was still a ghost, we really need someone to translate this comic) and he gets upgraded too.

From a continuity standpoint, with this taking place after The Headmasters, for the pre-established JG1 timeline to still work, whatever plan that's being carried out in this comic has to ultimately fail and be undone, with Galvatron's soul needing to die and go back to the Arctic on Earth for Dark Nova to come along years later and revive him as Super Megatron.

Credit(s): TakaraTomyMall

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748433)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 9:44pm CST
A few more tidbits from here:
- Galvatron kind of implies in the beginning that his plan is to see his "Grand Galvatron" plan come to fruition one way or another: so, basically this IS a version of the original Grand Galvatron thing. Huh.
- He and Cyclonus go to Unicron because Galvy's original plan is to remake Unicron's remains into a new body for himself... Except Unicron's still hanging around, and offers the other option to stop Galvy from turning him into a meat-puppet.
- Starscream shows up and pleads with them to give him a real body again. Unicron obliges... By giving him a half-real body... Because he says SS will just betray Galvatron again if he gets a fully-real body. Plus, this way Galvatron can make use of SS' ghosty abilities.
- Unicron tries to play this off like TFTM V2: "Now, go forth and conquer Cybertron... So that I can use it as a new body!" But Galvy pretty much shuts that down immediately with something resembling, "Good luck with that. Cybertron is MINE."
- Grand Galvatron appears to be fully-controlled by Galvy. Cyclonus is in control of himself the whole time... Just has Galvy's head there bossing him around.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748443)
Posted by Shuttershock on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:00pm CST

Sadly, Funpub and Botcon seemed to have already maxed out their supply of obscurity. :-D
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748444)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:As cool as these picks were, I feel like this was a missed opportunity to have Hook, Line, Sinker and Sideways as minions/limbs, ESPECIALLY with the Unicron connection.

These molds seem to have been picked specifically to give Japan a chance to own molds/remolds that they have yet to receive. This is Takara's first releasing of the Cyclonus mold, the Rook mold, the Offroad mold with Offroad's head, the Skydive mold with the pretooled Seeker head, and the Air Raid mold with the pretooled Conehead head. If they were to have done Hook, Line, Sinker, and Sideways, they'd likely have had to have been done with these molds with these toolings.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748447)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:15pm CST
Still would have been cool nonetheless. Cyclonus, Scourge, Hook, Line and Sinker combine to form Galvatron? That would have been great. Still love the route they did take though :BOT:
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748449)
Posted by hyperconvoy69 on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:17pm CST
For those with Unite Warriors Devastator,

I'm curious if any of you have come across any QC issues with the figure. I just received my copy today and noticed a few issues immediately.

First of all Devastator's left forearm, which is composed of a missile pod, was loose at the wrist where it locks into place. The space was too wide so the hinge the wrist was on was loose. Thankfully, a few seconds under a blow dryer and some shaping alleviated that problem.

Second, the elbow on my Hook are stuck and I'm afraid to force them to bend. Anyone have any suggestions? It goes without saying that I don't want to break my copy of this figure so soon.

Thirdly, and this goes for all owners of Devy, I found a stress mark on one port near the crane where Devastator's head assembly should click into place.

A visit to Seibertron's gallery of SDCC Devastator helped me determine that port is in fact warped. This prevents Devy's head from sitting flush. Any thoughts or advice?

Other than that, Unite Warriors Devastator is an amazing figure. I hope none of you all have the same OC issues I've found. Happy Holidays and take care everyone.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748454)
Posted by RAR on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:33pm CST

------

I wonder how many of the opaque colour UW "Deluxe" Starscream Testshots they made ?

------

I just wanted to ask has anyone got any idea when the Hong Kong Unite Warriors Guardian/Defensor gift set actually ship ?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748461)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:44pm CST
RAR wrote:I take it Hook-Line & Sinker having some link to Unicron or Galvatron now is some comic thing I'm presently unaware of then ?
You never read Marvel G1, have you?

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748462)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:45pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
You never read Marvel G1, have you?

Man, lookin' as daft as that... I wouldn't :lol:
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748464)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 10:55pm CST
One of these tidbits stands out to me as interesting:
Sabrblade wrote:
Looks like Galvatron forgot that Cybertron got blown up ten years earlier (and that he happened to be at Ground Zero when it blew).

Unless both he and Unicron just wanna take over the lifeless husk that remained after the planetary explosion.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748475)
Posted by RAR on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:04pm CST
Must have been something in Simon Furman's USA run I tend to try to forget that era as much as possible - especially when it's being foolish.

So yes I'd forgotten that they existed - even though I own the Minicons I never twigged they refered to anything else.... I did miss the odd issue though so perhaps that explains that I may have never have read it in the 1st place - or it was something I "wanted" to forget like the Neo Knights.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748477)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:06pm CST
RAR wrote:Must have been something in Simon Furman's USA run I tend to try to forget that era as much as possible.
Why? That was the best part of the Marvel US run after the first 12 issues.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748478)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:06pm CST

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748481)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:08pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B
Not the same guys, though (Astro-Hook, Astro-Line, and Astro-Sinker were a different bunch).
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748482)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:09pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
You never read Marvel G1, have you?

Man, lookin' as daft as that... I wouldn't :lol:

They kind of look like bad fan characters from Masters of the Universe.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748483)
Posted by RAR on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:10pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B

Yes & I even own the Minicon, I'd just completely erased such knowledge from my mind - if I ever had it in the 1st place.

They never made any impression on me - unlike say other comic characters who only featured in the comics like Snarler (yes I do mean Snarler and not Carnivac)
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748486)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:12pm CST
RAR wrote:But seriously though - the original questions stands what do they have to do with Unicron & or Galvatron ?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748489)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B

Oh, thought that may have been a 'trademark' thing |:|
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748496)
Posted by william-james88 on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:29pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B

Oh, thought that may have been a 'trademark' thing |:|

Trademarks dont work that way. You dont add autobot to sunstreaker to create autobot sunstreaker because sunstreaker has already been taken, or else I could have a line of hats called William's Optimus Prime Hats and not worry about Hasbro suing me. They just add the prefix to strengthen the branding of the name, but it is not copyright related. If someone else was already using sunstreaker, adding autobot in front of it woudnt work.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748500)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:35pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B

Oh, thought that may have been a 'trademark' thing |:|

Oh, well, guess I've got nothing then |:|
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Galvatron Comic and Analysis (1748504)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2015 @ 11:37pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

They also popped up with tfcc astrotrain as mini-cons :-B

Oh, thought that may have been a 'trademark' thing |:|

Oh, well, guess I've got nothing then |:|
The names were a homage, but that's it.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt (Superion) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY