Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin

Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 7:24am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,800

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin

Transformers News: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin

Credit(s): Planet Iacon

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696323)
Posted by megatronus on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:36am CDT
Nice! I love me an MP-style coin.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696334)
Posted by Rated X on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:59am CDT
Its cool and all, but if it cuts the price ten bucks I could do without it.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696337)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 9th, 2015 @ 8:14am CDT
Va'al wrote:The Takara Tomy Unite Warriors Superion box set, including the alternate decos of Silverbolt, Air Raid, Firefly, Skydive, and the Slingshot repaint (see the full Hasbro line-up in our galleries here), appears to be receiving an almost Masterpiece treatment: via Planet Iacon on Facebook, we have our first images of the collector coin included with the set. Check them out below!

Released by Hasbro Asia or through Amazon jp?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696345)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 9th, 2015 @ 8:22am CDT
Didn't realize that Japan did these coins...
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696351)
Posted by Va'al on June 9th, 2015 @ 8:28am CDT
That is an interesting development, I'll give you that.
Along with Masterpiece being printed on the packaging. :-?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696368)
Posted by shajaki on June 9th, 2015 @ 9:21am CDT
Va'al wrote:That is an interesting development, I'll give you that.
But not unheard of. There's three other non-MP coins: DOTM(?)Jetwing Prime, Encore Fort Max, and Encore Devastator.

Va'al wrote:Along with Masterpiece being printed on the packaging. :-?
I saw that too... tre bizarre no?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696372)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 9th, 2015 @ 9:25am CDT
shajaki wrote:
Va'al wrote:That is an interesting development, I'll give you that.

hmm... you're right Japan did make coins, completely forgot about Fort Max, but was it an Amazon.jp thing? I ordered mine from BBTS and it did not come with one.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696373)
Posted by shajaki on June 9th, 2015 @ 9:35am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Va'al wrote:That is an interesting development, I'll give you that.
Who makes/releases them can be a crap-shoot, but its usually either an Amazon or Hasbro Asia thing.

And BBTS usually has speicific listing reflected with or without coin.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696548)
Posted by william-james88 on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:16pm CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696550)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:22pm CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696551)
Posted by william-james88 on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:28pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:You know, with the revelation of this "Masterpiece" coin for Unite Warriors Superion, it makes me rethink that odd rumor Chuckdawg (?) passed along months ago that Takara's Titan Devastator would be sold as a Masterpiece figure. Maybe each of the UW releases will be getting a Masterpiece coin. However, I still don't see Devastator being sold as six individual robots when the rest of the line so far has stuck to the gift set scheme.

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696555)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Haha! I thought of that too. To be honest, this superion is really closer to a portrayal of the G1 cartoon rather than an homage or update like a lot of the classics line was so maybe they see this as a masterpiece. Does this mean we wouldnt get MP combiners down the line then?

The issue with using the Unite Warriors molds as "Masterpiece" stand-ins for the combiners doesn't work in terms of scale, though. Superion will look a little silly next to Masterpiece Ultra Magnus at the very least. Takara has been trying hard to keep scale consistent with the Masterpiece line after rebooting with MP-10 Convoy. On the other paw, doing properly scaled and engineered combiners may be cost-prohibitive for retail, especially for a niche collector oriented sub line. Maybe Takara doesn't plan to do "real" MP combiners, so they figured United Warriors is "it", or nothing.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696559)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 9th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Second that. If you all recall during an interview with the MP UM team, one consideration was that it (costs)won't break the bank.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696629)
Posted by megatronus on June 9th, 2015 @ 11:33pm CDT
I think it's reasonable to consider the coin apart from the toy.

The figures might be Generations style, but the coin might be 'Masterpiece'.

Perhaps such a coin is what led to the Devy MP rumor?
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696686)
Posted by shajaki on June 10th, 2015 @ 6:57am CDT
megatronus wrote:I think it's reasonable to consider the coin apart from the toy.

The figures might be Generations style, but the coin might be 'Masterpiece'.

Perhaps such a coin is what led to the Devy MP rumor?
I had actually thought of all the points above when I first saw the coin, but kinda dismissed it. But Megsy here? I think he hit the nail on the head. The "inside guy" saw a Devy coin labelled Masterpiece and ran running to the interwebs.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696783)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 10th, 2015 @ 12:50pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:ummm, I ordered mine off amiami, it was already cheaper than any other retailer so if it doesn't come with the coin, I wont mind. But it would be a great surprise if it did.

Believe it or not I've seen quite a few MP coins on the secondary market for cheap. You could always buy the Superion one if it shows up.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696822)
Posted by william-james88 on June 10th, 2015 @ 2:29pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Haha, yeah, I have seen those too (Skywarps for example). But I wouldnt pay for a coin, I dont collect them. It's more of a nice to have.
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696842)
Posted by shajaki on June 10th, 2015 @ 3:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
The collector-whore in my head wouldn't let me ignore those coins. And I've got every one now so why stop now? :DANCE:
Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1696843)
Posted by william-james88 on June 10th, 2015 @ 3:20pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Re: Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Superion Collector Coin (1697003)
Posted by shajaki on June 10th, 2015 @ 9:23pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I only have wheeljack's so far and I didnt even realize I bought that version when I did. Dont know if you'll agree or find me nuts, but I preffer the holder ot the coin itself.
The holders have as much attention to detail as the coins ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY