Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy

Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 9:28am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 60,822

Takara Tomy has updated the Transformers website with the official webpage for the upcoming Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy.
With the MP-09, all the products for 2010 Transformers Campaign are fully revealed.

MP-09 is expected to hit Japanese retail in January 2011.

To view the original post, click here.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy

This article was last modified on Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 9:30am CDT

Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129641)
Posted by Stockade on September 28th, 2010 @ 10:19am CDT
I love it and love to have it, but alittle pricey for me and christmas being around doesnt help either. Oh well, but later one next year or wait for Roddy to hit state side.
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129644)
Posted by Ravage XK on September 28th, 2010 @ 10:30am CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129663)
Posted by GEEWUN on September 28th, 2010 @ 12:03pm CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Argh, that alt mode is just so ugly. Like a car thats reversed into a caravan and then beaten with an ugly stick.

He has a regular car mode too
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129700)
Posted by GetterDragun on September 28th, 2010 @ 2:51pm CDT

Welcome to 1987!
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129705)
Posted by vulgar_wraith on September 28th, 2010 @ 2:58pm CDT
The only reason my collection even exists is because of this character.Never got him as a child and always wanted him.It caused a obsession that is with me to this day.Truely a beautiful figure.I will have to own this one.
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129754)
Posted by Skyfire77 on September 28th, 2010 @ 6:45pm CDT
On the one hand OMG that robot mode is teh secksy and must have! =P~
On the other hand the alt-mode is worse looking than the original toy.

I think I need to see more pictures. :-?
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129808)
Posted by RodimusKnyght on September 28th, 2010 @ 9:02pm CDT
I love this figure! He's a masterpiece, and an awesome likeness of his G1 TFTM counterpart!

Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129856)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 29th, 2010 @ 2:47am CDT
Of course, it is a must have. However, I am not overly impressed by any of the modes. If the yellow fin can be pulled further out in Winnebago mode, it would look better. The car mode is ugly, it always was. The MP version just enhances the ugly. So most likely I will display it in robot mode, standing on the base, or have it in Winnebago mode. And I was very excited about this news when it came out, and I would have paid whatever, but now that I cooled off, I will wait for the Hasbro version to hit America, and not pay $200+shipping for the Japanese version.
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129865)
Posted by Mykltron on September 29th, 2010 @ 4:11am CDT
So the difference between robot modes is: fins in a slightly different place; hips extended by three millimeters; longer face. For that doesn't count as two robot modes.

Obviously I'm buying him though.
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129883)
Posted by SJ21 on September 29th, 2010 @ 6:59am CDT
Re: Takara Transformers Website Update: MP-09 Rodimus Convoy (1129893)
Posted by --B-- on September 29th, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
SJ21 wrote:I am so torn on whether to buy this guy now or wait on Hasbro. I one of every other MP mold. I like the look of this mold. The problem is do I want to spend $200 on him if I can get him cheaper when Hasbro releases their version? The only MP I have seen in stores around here is Skywarp. No Walmart Starscream and no TRU Grimlock yet. Decisions decisions.

The trailer, both as a vehicle and as a "battle platform" are the parts of this mold that I can live without, so I am holding off for the hasbro release.

I wouldn't turn it down if the hasbro version came with it, but it's not a must have for me. I hands down LOVE the car mode, and it will probably be displayed as such.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers (G1) 1985 Constructicons Scrapper Small Black Gun Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers (G1) 1985 Constructicons Scavenger Small Black Gun Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 31 Voyager Class Movie 2 Battle Damaged Megatron New" on EBAY
Buy "Quintesson Judge Transformers WFC Earthrise ORIGINAL PACKAGING" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 1986 Predacon Rampage Predaking Decepticon Combiners" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY