TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

Saturday, July 8th, 2017 6:53PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 28,264

Strap in folks, this post is going to cover an awful lots of new Diaclone goodness! It's been a while since our last article on TakaraTomy's Diaclone Reboot line, and even ages before that was a tease for what you're about to see today. That of course, was "DA-14 Big Powered GV", and the wait is over! Below we have shots of him on display at the Diacron Expo 2017, and in official pics. He's a big fella, with a lot of pieces, and a lot of modes.
Retail Price: 27500 Yen (Approx $240 USD)
Release Month: November-2017
Size: 40 cm

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

Not included, but made to accompany Big Powered, is "DA-15 Big Powered Trooper Set". It's motorbike of sorts, with three human pilot figures.
Retail Price: 3000 Yen (Approx $26 USD)
Release Month: November-2017
Size: 10 cm

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

Speaking of the Diacron Expo 2017 (taking place right now at Akihabara), there appear to be Exclusives. First is "Dia Battle V2 Head Unit Collection" which is an alternate head for the Dia Battle V2, this time with an orange visor and antenna made of ABS plastic as opposed to the softer type used in his original release. Second up, is "Powered System C Type Solid Scan Ver" which appears to be a clear version of one of their Powered Suits.

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

Up next we have "DA-13 Powered System Dart Loader". It can work as a vehicle for the human pilots, or can combine and augment the Powered Suits. Also along the same lines, there's "DA-12 Powered System Gyroscepter" offering the same playability.
Retail Price: 2500 Yen (Approx $22 USD)
Release Month: October-2017
Size: 10 cm

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

Retail Price: 2500 Yen (Approx $22 USD)
Release Month: October-2017
Size: 10 cm

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

And lastly folks, we have a bit of a mystery. This appears to be a newly winged variant of Dia Battles V2. This Diaclone Reboot line does like to release variant's of DBV2, but this could also turn out to be a custom as there's no other information we can provide at this point.
*UPDATE*
This IS in fact a custom!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More

Now that there's time to breathe, how do you feel about this onslaught of an update? Sign in and let us know, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!
Credit(s): TakaraTomy Official, Daimchoc Reports, アヴィ @avibadodononion
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895225)
Posted by Deadput on July 8th, 2017 @ 7:19pm CDT

An Ultima Prime if you will.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895229)
Posted by Cobotron on July 8th, 2017 @ 8:07pm CDT

HOLY SHIRT, YES!!!!!!!!
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895236)
Posted by MagicDeath on July 8th, 2017 @ 8:35pm CDT
Deadput wrote:This first guy looks like if someone took every single Prime and Autobot leader ever created then fused them all together and then did the same thing a few more times then fused them all into this ultimate transformer.

An Ultima Prime if you will.

You could say the actual origin is the opposite, I think.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895238)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 8th, 2017 @ 8:52pm CDT
Masterpiece Diatron 3!?!?!?!

Sweet Primus, I never imagined my quest to acquire a complete Space Transformers toy collection could lead me to consider buying something THIS freakin' awesome! I hope those Scopedogs haven't shot up in price on the secondary market...
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895240)
Posted by Bombilation on July 8th, 2017 @ 8:58pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895249)
Posted by triKlops on July 8th, 2017 @ 10:42pm CDT
Wow, the exclusive suit and head look great!

Found a video from the Con on YouTube; thought it would be worth a look for those interested.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895258)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2017 @ 12:08am CDT
I really shouldn't have clicked into this ... I did not need to see that.
I'll just be in the corner telling myself I don't need them.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895260)
Posted by Silverwing on July 9th, 2017 @ 12:52am CDT
This guy would make a great Grandus!
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895277)
Posted by shajaki on July 9th, 2017 @ 3:14am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Image

HOLY SHIRT, YES!!!!!!!!
Y'see why I had to share this with everyone? :lol:

Burn wrote:I really shouldn't have clicked into this ... I did not need to see that.
I'll just be in the corner telling myself I don't need them.
Right? I'm already in it, and already behind having missed out on the TTM Powered Suits Military Type, and that white DBV2. This new guy might be one of the most impressive robotoys I've ever seen.... but sweetmonkeyjesus that price tag :shock:

Bombilation wrote:The supposed winged variant is actually a modded version of the original figure utilizing the HGBC Lighting Back Weapons System Mark III from the Gundam Build Fighters model line.
Thanks! I thought something wasn't quite right about it ;)^
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895286)
Posted by Burn on July 9th, 2017 @ 4:31am CDT
shajaki wrote:I seriously have to decide if I'ma proceed with this Diaclone collection... or pull the plug while I still have a wallet :-?

I'm leaning towards "pull the plug", but honestly, I'm not going to make a suggestion one way or the other.

I will say this though.

Still planning to continue that Masterpiece collection? :wink: :-P
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895344)
Posted by shajaki on July 9th, 2017 @ 2:04pm CDT
Burn wrote:Still planning to continue that Masterpiece collection? :wink: :-P
That's the thing! This Diaclone Rebbot line was supposed to be (for my collection anyways) an extension of my MP collection. Quality wise, they certainly meet (even exceed!) the bill.

And lets not let me fool myself. I buy everything.
Every. Goddam. Thing.
But I always said, my main focus and if I were forced to choose, is MP. But is this where I draw the line? Generally speaking, these figures are expensive. Even DBV2, a relatively small figure, ran about the same price as the larger MP's (Prime/Magnus). And if they continue making more of these larger figures (or dear got, variant out Big Powered like they did DBV2??!) then..... bleh. I just don't know.

I keep coming back though.... how can I deny something that looks THAT AWESOME?

Cobs! I need you to weigh in here. You gettin BP?
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895345)
Posted by Cobotron on July 9th, 2017 @ 2:19pm CDT
shajaki wrote:[Cobs! I need you to weigh in here. You gettin BP?
You bet your sweet Masterful Piece I am! Time to start shoving 20s in the sock drawer. :lol:

But see, I don't have quiet the MP collection/habit you do. And so far I only have the 1st DB, one powered suit, and another pre-ordered. There's no way I could collect the entire Diaclone line. I'm being picky and choosey.
I'm waiting for them to release that orange bot they showed last year, and would love to see some Waruders. They need to do MP Insecticons and repurpose them as their OG intention.

The minute anyone sees this big'on go up for pre-order, please report it here. I will. ;)^

P.S. Why does the translucent Powered Suit have to be an exclusive?! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895373)
Posted by padfoo on July 9th, 2017 @ 4:50pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Burn wrote:Still planning to continue that Masterpiece collection? :wink: :-P

And lets not let me fool myself. I buy everything.
Every. Goddam. Thing.

I keep coming back though.... how can I deny something that looks THAT AWESOME?

Cobs! I need you to weigh in here. You gettin BP?

I couldn't have said it better. However I feel like the design on these might actually be a step up from masterpiece. Imagine how much more intricate a spike/Daniel exo-suit would have deen with the same design esthetics :-?. I will only touch masterpiece figures these days for a lot of reasons but I am tempted to buy every time I see this line.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895433)
Posted by shajaki on July 9th, 2017 @ 8:58pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:You bet your sweet Masterful Piece I am!
...I'm being picky and choosey.
...I'm waiting for them to release that orange bot they showed last year
...P.S. Why does the translucent Powered Suit have to be an exclusive??!
The only reason I question is cause of the price tag. I wasn't sure this would break your bank or not.

But I get that. It's very much how you're collecting has been lately. I wish I were capable of such things :lol:

I'll tell ya, news'ing this Diaclone stuff isn't easy. None of the other news sites cover it, so there's no cross referencing, nothing is ever in english, and sometimes all there is is a unlabelled pic. the Orange guy from last year was one of like, 4(?) other figures shown off that we haven't seen again. Were they prototypes? Customers? Not even Diaclone? Primus only knows 8-}

And I hear ya. Candy Power Suit isn't even on eBay yet :(
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895454)
Posted by Cobotron on July 9th, 2017 @ 11:57pm CDT
shajaki wrote: It's very much how you're collecting has been lately. I wish I were capable of such things :lol:
Well, maybe diaclone is the one thing you could just dabble in and not complete. These things are beautiful art, and worth having, but do you really need 3 Big Powered?
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895461)
Posted by Burn on July 10th, 2017 @ 12:34am CDT
Cobotron wrote:you really need 3 Big Powered

I think that's what you meant to say.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895470)
Posted by shajaki on July 10th, 2017 @ 2:24am CDT
What were you guys babbling about while I was adding 3 Big Powered to cart?
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895471)
Posted by Burn on July 10th, 2017 @ 4:07am CDT
shajaki wrote:What were you guys babbling about while I was adding 3 Big Powered to cart?

Va'als multiple personalities.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895706)
Posted by ExciKaiser on July 10th, 2017 @ 7:48pm CDT
I just cliked the topic to see if there was new pictures of the Gyroscepter..

And...

I need to unsuscribe this thread. Now.
Re: TakaraTomy Diaclone Reboot DA-14 Big Powered GV and More (1895710)
Posted by Cobotron on July 10th, 2017 @ 7:55pm CDT
No ExciKaiser.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:-P

You know you love that translucent Powered Suit.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers COGMAN Studio Series #39 & STEELBANE Deluxe Premier Edition Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SCOURGE "SWEEPS" MISB RARE! 3 X Army Builder Set" on EBAY
Buy " Transformers Universe Ratchet Deluxe Generations Autobot Warriors Henkei" on EBAY
Buy "Micromaster Ironworks Crane Base G1 Transformers 1989 Vintage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2010 Universal Dominator UNICRON & Creator PRIMUS Takara MIB G1" on EBAY
Buy "Topshot and Flak Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Micromasters Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations RATTRAP Deluxe Figure MOSC Beast Wars 2014 Thrilling 30" on EBAY