Transformers News: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus

Thursday, June 6th, 2019 11:03PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 10,556

From Dengeki Hobby, we have some great new photos of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege SG-36 Deluxe Class Impactor. If you don't recall, this is our fan vote winner from the War for Cybertron Trilogy, along with Mirage, who unfortunately has no Takara Tomy photos as of late. We also have included images of SG-37 Leader Class Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime, though he has already made it to US toy shelves, or will very soon. Do these new images shed new light on these figures for you? We hope so, and tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below!

Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023684)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:06pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023686)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:18pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023688)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:27pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I doubt we'll get Galvaltron in Siege... Next year's line though or the one after that. But we generally know everything we're getting from Siege

You’re probably right, given the whole “pre-war” focus. It makes you wonder what the next two “themes” will be after Siege. I know the line is called War for Cybertron, but will we be seeing an Earth themed line next, or a continuation of the “Cybertronian mode” motif? Who knows.

This is just me, but I’m still waiting for the resurgence of Pretenders. Not those half-assed, lowest-price point Power of the Primes figures, but proper pretenders. There’s a lot of character potential, double pretenders, vehicle pretenders, the likes.

I personally think we could see a "time skip" from pre-Earth Cybertron to Rebirth Cybertron for the next part of the trilogy and then maybe an odd mix of the two Cybertrons for the last one if the Prine Wars trilogy is anything to go by with them combining the previous two line's gimmicks for the last one

I'd like that, but really who else is left from specifically post-rebirth other than Scorponok, Apeface, Snapdragon, Autobot Targetmasters, and Hosehead. I guess we could also throw in toy only's, so all the Targetmaster Juniors, the Headmaster Juniors, and maybe powermasters. Actually thinking about that, it could fill out a line nicely. Maybe get a proper Leader PMOP for the requisite leader Optimus and throw in a voyager or leader Godbomber to complete that. I wouldn't like it, and I doubt anyone would, but they could also turn the Powermaster engines into Targetmaster partners if for whatever reason they get through all of the ones from the Autobot Targetmasters and all of the target master juniors.

Then of course the fun part begins when the last part of the trilogy rolls around and goes full JG1. Victory Leo could stand in as the requisite leader Optimus via a technicality.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023697)
Posted by Agent 53 on June 7th, 2019 @ 2:14am CDT
Planning on Getting Prime.
I already have Magnus I'd I'd say the leg guns look better upside down.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023701)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 7th, 2019 @ 5:35am CDT
Greetings fellow Seibertronians! Today we bring you a fantastic video review of the forthcoming Transformers: War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Refraktor/Reflector! This review comes courtesy of fellow Seibertronian, Chuckdawg1999!

In the G1 cartoon and in the toyline, Reflector was three robots who shared the same alt mode of a camera, and their animation model was often used to fill out scenes. Here there is technically one figure but if you buy three of them, you can recreate the old alt mode! You can see this in Chucks video below!

Heres a tidbit on what he has to say on the figure...

Chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hasbro does know how to make sales. Buying three of the Refraktor figure allows you to create the classic camera mode of the original toy, it's quite ingenious how all the parts come together. The standalone figure is really good with a cool looking ship mode that 99% of collectors will probably only use once.

What do you think of this review? Looking forward to Refraktor/Reflector? Are you buying three (or more)? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023704)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 7th, 2019 @ 7:52am CDT

I'm only buying 1 of these since I had already given up on waiting for a new Reflector set by Hasbro and bought the Papa Toys version last fall. So they'll be my "Reflector" trio.

I do like to troop build the Decepticons in my collection so I will buy just 1 Refractor who will just go by that name and will be recon for Shockwave. But if they do make a G1 version that comes as Spectro, Spyglass and Viewfinder in their G1 toy colors I might cave in and grab that set anyway.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023707)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2019 @ 7:55am CDT
Skritz wrote:Honestly I'm not entirely sure if Galvatron could ever register as a 'high priority' for Hasbro. Truth be told, his TR Toy was pretty damn good outside of the horrendous implementation of the titan master and the crown. People give him too much crap, given he's shockingly toon-accurate in spite of being a triple-changer. >:oP

I agree with all of this. And I too think he isnt high priority. I would much rather see other characters who never got decent neo g1 toys get a chance than a character I already have.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023709)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 7th, 2019 @ 7:59am CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:

Speculation is speculation, so there are no wrong answers. Speaking personally, I would be very surprised to see more Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters, or Pretenders in the main line. Half of the Powermasters were in PotP, and the other groups were also heavily represented in the last trilogy. If Generations continues to lean heavily on major cartoon characters and the original line + 30, I expect to see more 1985 bots and maybe some Action Master and late G1 characters.

From a narrative standpoint, it doesn't make any sense to jump to Rebirth. There's an ongoing comic and an upcoming animated series. It wouldn't help those stories. In a war, what follows a siege? I would expect "Fall" next, followed by "Escape" or something similar. Evacuation, exile, etc.

More interesting, and perhaps more useful, is wondering what the play feature will be. The major ones for this year are Fire Blasts and Battle Masters, and Weaponizers, as well as weaponizer-like capabilities for Leaders. Personally, I'm hoping that they'll keep Fire Blasts, and maybe add explosion effects, but I don't know how likely that is. I've been trying to look at it two ways: what are the play features that could add value with 1985 and 1990 figures, and how could a new play feature define the types of characters that they would then release?
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023716)
Posted by sol magnus on June 7th, 2019 @ 8:53am CDT
Anybody see a Straxus coming out of that Impactor? Just me?
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023728)
Posted by notirishman on June 7th, 2019 @ 9:45am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Impactor is... Looking better and also slightly worse? I'm starting to like the boxiness and general design, but the colors are iffy. The yellow is too yellow and the purple is too dark for my tastes. And wasn't he originally supposed to be a Decepticon in the fan vote?

Takara Tomy stock photos have some kind of filter, the final product probably looks different.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023742)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 7th, 2019 @ 11:26am CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Impactor is looking better. It's a shame the paint doesn't quite match the plastic as far as the yellow is concerned but I'm share it won't be so bad in less intense lighting. I'm still on the fence about Galaxy Prime. He looks really good but I'm on a tight budget and something has to give if I'm going to get Omega and Jetfire.

Dude I’d hard pass on him then I think Omega’s that A-1 winner go for the big boys and just enjoy pics or reviews of Galaxy boy.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023743)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 7th, 2019 @ 11:28am CDT
Skritz wrote:If we get a new Galvatron I'd love to see those concepts/ideas (somehow!) reused:

Now I’ve seen that MegaGalvatron art before (wicked) but what’s that second piece that’s really intruiging. :-?
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023744)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 7th, 2019 @ 11:30am CDT
sol magnus wrote:Anybody see a Straxus coming out of that Impactor? Just me?

Oooo!! That’d be so much awesome! Gah good ideas everyone ahh I love fan speculation...
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023789)
Posted by Skritz on June 7th, 2019 @ 3:47pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:

Early concepts of a scrapped upgraded Galvatron. I believe (but don't quote me on this) that it was meant to be his Actionmaster design. Definitely a gimmick-era, post season 3 Galvatron but I'm not 100% sure on his gimmick.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023795)
Posted by 00Stargrave00 on June 7th, 2019 @ 4:50pm CDT
You know what that was saying Action Master to me too that’s awesome. I also am reminded of the Robotech Invid robots from shoot season 3 I think. Someone hungrily pounce on this one I’m blanking. I loved Action Masters as a kid despite their faults man I would have loved that thing.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023799)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 7th, 2019 @ 5:51pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:Some size comparison's would've been nice but other than that the review was quite informative.

Thanks for watching. I used to do size comparisons but YouTube pulled the videos due to some indecent exposure rules or something.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023801)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 7th, 2019 @ 5:59pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:I genuinely understand where some of the dislike for Galaxy Upgrade comes from but I have the classic version and this new version and the new version wins, hands down. Lights and sounds and firing missiles? Wheels on the trailer that are actual wheels? I get why the old one has love for it but the new Galaxy version is better in just about every way. More poseable, better scaled to the rest of its own body parts for crying out loud, and it doesn't have as much of a penchant for collapsing in on itself like a Unicron black hole. I don't think I'd be inclined to even post anything if he wasn't just so fun to pick up and play with in all of his modes it all fits together super well, on mine at least.

I just had to throw some Galaxy Upgrade love out there :-D

Eh. Galaxy Upgrade is cool and all, and I do want him eventually, but he's decidedly an homage and not a replacement. He's undersize as all get out compared to the show and to actual Cybertron toys (Cybertron Megatron could sit on him), he's not accurate to the show - ESPECIALLY not the cab robot, and he can't do certain key things the original did:
*Insert Sonic Wing Mode pic here*
The hip ratchet issue is admittedly frustrating at times, but I've never found it insurmountable. And from what I hear the red-and-black redeco fixed it.

ZeroWolf wrote:Jetfire looks so good, and I hear rumours that Symths in the UK may be stocking him :? Can't wait to see what other characters can be put in this class, Tidal Wave anyone?

*A second Ultra Magnus in the next year of the trilogy perhaps, maybe an Optimus Prime too. Why? Because it might take Commander class to do them with both Voyager cab robots and matching trailers that have all the play features of the G1 toys.
* Possibly Sky Lynx, although since Predaking wound up Titan-class that would leave Sky Lynx too small in comparison...

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
18CBFF28-BF2A-4DD4-9FFC-E3B60385139C.jpeg

We've had good jetfire toys for over 30 years.

I would even argue that we have not had a bad Jetfire toy

Well, there was the Titanium Series one. Or is that one of the few from that line that isn't a mess?
Still, we definitely haven't had a Completely Nailed It In Both Modes Cartoon Skyfire toy before.

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Epsilon Delta wrote:I feel all the Siege prices should be at 75% of what they are selling at. Or line up with the studio series prices.

But, the SIEGE and Studio Series prices DO line up. Deluxe Class = $19.99, Voyager Class = $29.99, and Leader Class = $49.99 for BOTH toy lines.

Thank you.

AcademyofDrX wrote:Springer was the only bot from the animated movie that didn't show up in Prime Wars. I don't think we're due for new versions of the others very soon. Of course, WfC will be running for two more years, so who knows where it will take us before it's done.

Mmm, I'd say we were still due a new version of Wreck-Gar. PotP Wreck-Gar doesn't really cut it in the accuracy department. We could also stand a Rodimus Prime with a Voyager-height cab robot, and a Supreme/Commander Ultra Magnus.

I agree with this except I actually like his Titan Master implementation (and, for the most part, the crown - if only the spring carriage was less fat!). :P
There's also a very good reason the triple-changer gimmick doesn't make him less accurate: The G1 Galvatron design was a triple-changer from the start, the only difference being that on the original toy his third mode is a raygun (which only showed up in I think 1 or 2 Marvel comics and even then only as concealment). I think repurposing his back spar (which, despite all the haters' wailing and gnashing of teeth, is plainly visible on the animation model) from being a handle to being a fuselage was very clever.

I'm looking forward to Skyfire, although I may defer getting him considering my priorities. I'm looking forward to Springer, he looks much better to me than T30 Springer (more G1, less messy copter mode). Although I might lend him T30 Springer's rotor sword so that he'll have a transforming one.
Getting 3x Reflector is probably going to be my priority for SIEGE, since spending $60 on that is better than spending $120-$150.

Those wanting a sleeker Cyclonus than the CW version, what do you think of the Universe version?
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023803)
Posted by Microbot on June 7th, 2019 @ 6:29pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023805)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2019 @ 7:27pm CDT
Microbot wrote:So will be a possible REFRACTOR Gift Set? It's just a rumor or some true news? Also When we get more news about the next wave? >:oP >:oP >:oP

Thete is 0 true news about a giftset and all retail waves have been revealed.
Re: TakaraTomy stock photos of WFC Siege SG-36 Deluxe Impactor and SG-37 Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus (2023808)
Posted by Skritz on June 7th, 2019 @ 8:30pm CDT
While we know everything from Siege, there's still the possibility of more stuff in Generation Selects. We know it had some Siege-related releases (G2 Arctic Megatron and now Red Wing) so I'd say its still pretty open in the air that anything could happen in Select. With Legends-EX now defunt, seems like Select is going to end up as some amalgamated hybrid of Legends and the Prime Wars-era exclusives (Arcee, Monsterbots, Nemesis Prime and Punch/Counterpunch to name them).

In fact it almost seem like Selects could end up as the line where odder redeco end up as to keep the mass retail lines 'cleaner' and simpler. So I'd say "Who knows?" Personally I don't think we'll see a Reflector set but I'm saying it remain as plausible as any Siege retool. This is specially true if Hasbro molded all these Sieges guys with an extra head tooling.

Also pretty sure Ratchet will end up a Selects figure. I could be wrong on this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS SMASHDOWN FIGUER" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE - Siege War For Cybertron - Transformers Voyager Class 2019 - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series 5 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Dropkick #22" on EBAY
Buy "Vtg Original Lot Of 9 G1 Transformers GEN1 Jetfire Astrotrain Soundwave Planes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Autobot - Springer - NIB In Hand Ships Fast" on EBAY
Buy "transformers siege war for cybertron Chromia" on EBAY