TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package

TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package

Friday, June 5th, 2015 5:46pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 27,484

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package

Credit(s): TFyuki

This article was last modified on Saturday, June 6th, 2015 11:09am CDT

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695158)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:49pm CDT
Wait, so he's called Adams in English as well as Japanese? :shock:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695159)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:49pm CDT
looks pretty good, but im happy with me Generations Cosmos, best figure of the thrilling 30 line
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695170)
Posted by BlueBefore on June 5th, 2015 @ 6:02pm CDT
I'll wait for Eves to be released before buying this.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695179)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 5th, 2015 @ 6:21pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Wait, so he's called Adams in English as well as Japanese? :shock:

Cheaper fonts to pay for?
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695180)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 5th, 2015 @ 6:23pm CDT
That's a pretty green, reminds me of legos emerald night.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695182)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 6:29pm CDT
shajaki wrote:TFyuki doesn't rest! As a follow-up to his Powerglide Tweet earlier today, he now brings us Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos (or Adams) in and out of package! He appears to have a more G1 toy accurate coloring as opposed to Hasbro's Legends Cosmos. Have a look at the pics below, and if you don't get lost in his blue eyes then head to the Energon Pub for some great discussion. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for our ever expanding Galleries and all your Transformers News!

Looks good, although I am not a legends fan, still looks good. >:oP
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695205)
Posted by shajaki on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:17pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Looks good, although I am not a legends fan, still looks good. >:oP
Not a fan of Legends? Obviously you haven't handled one then. Cosmos is the shining star of an already amazing line. You're seriously missing out if you pass on this mold.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695221)
Posted by Mkall on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:56pm CDT
oh that's nice.

*preorders*
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695222)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 8:00pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

I am not a big legends fan, but that doesn't mean I won't get this guy. ;)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695230)
Posted by shajaki on June 5th, 2015 @ 8:20pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
shajaki wrote:
I am not a big legends fan, but that doesn't mean I won't get this guy. ;)
Saying you're not a Legends fan followed by >:oP sends mixed signals there SS.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695241)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 8:59pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
shajaki wrote:
I am not a big legends fan, but that doesn't mean I won't get this guy. ;)
Saying you're not a Legends fan followed by >:oP sends mixed signals there SS.

I drink coffee if I want. ;P

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695243)
Posted by Cobotron on June 5th, 2015 @ 9:03pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:I actually have been tempted to get Cosmos, the original version of the generations mold. And maybe even Swerve.
You should go do that right now Silly. You won't be sorry.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695270)
Posted by william-james88 on June 5th, 2015 @ 11:42pm CDT

That shocked me too. I like it though. We are getting Takara approved English names for our cataloguing pleasure. That further cements Shrapnel being the name for the Takara toy.

shajaki wrote:

He is so good I had to make an exception in my upcoming Top 5 Scout Class figures to include him. He isn't a scout figure per say but he fits the description and initial mission statement of that class perfectly.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695302)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 6th, 2015 @ 3:20am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695305)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 6th, 2015 @ 3:45am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:This mold is certainly the best Cosmos but I just wish it was bigger. Maybe Voyager's stretching it but I wouldn't mind a Deluxe. He's just too dinky compared to my main TF figures and I have no desire to get any other smaller ones.

Anyway, being part of the TAV line, anyone notice that he does not come with the interactive decal thingie? They couldn't find a spot for him?
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695310)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 6th, 2015 @ 4:03am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Remember the flak the super sized Seaspray got? That one was supposedly an upgrade of the original G1 Seaspray.

Super sized? The Voyager one from a few years back? I had that figure. It was a fantastic update and at a nice size. Powerglide too (though I never had that one but it was nice to finally see a bit more sense in scale).

I like the extra detail you get with the larger figures though. Like if Cosmos here was even a Deluxe he might get much better looking forearms with decent hands and not so obvious screws...
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695318)
Posted by prjkt on June 6th, 2015 @ 4:40am CDT
I think the flak that Seaspray copped was more along the lines of the "Trukk not Munky" debate, ie "Minibots should stay minibots"

I have to say I love the new Cosmos mould, but a deluxe sized one would be that much better, and I'm still keeping an eye out for Seaspray...
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695319)
Posted by Va'al on June 6th, 2015 @ 4:52am CDT
With the US receiving its first airing of the Transformers: Robots in Disguise episode featuring Drift (voiced by Eric Bauza) this weekend, Takara Tomy designer Hisashi Yuki has tweeted a couple of comparison shots for the two companies' version of the character. Check out below the images showing the differences between Warrior class Drift (gallery here) and Transformers Adventure TAV-18 Drift, sporting a more accurate paint deco and application!

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695323)
Posted by Burn on June 6th, 2015 @ 5:16am CDT
geez that's a massive (and superior) difference.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Adventure TAV-20 Cosmos In & Out of Package (1695347)
Posted by Rated X on June 6th, 2015 @ 7:22am CDT
Burn wrote:geez that's a massive (and superior) difference.

*****Praying thats sarcasm******

Its comparison shots like this that make me think what I do about takara. Theres not a person alive that can look me in the eyes with a staight face and tell me a different shade of orange and a few lousy paint apps doubles the production costs. Maybe back when they were doing shiny paint. (united) But this....naw, hell no.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "G1 Transformers Whirl 100% Complete with accessories" on EBAY
Buy "BNIP: Mcdonalds Transformers Strongarm Action Figure Happy Meal Toy, 2016!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Optimus Prime- Bumblebee & Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mixable Mashable Optimus Prime Transformers - COMPLETE NO BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee complete AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Bumblebee Complete Mixable Mashable Heroes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY