TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package

TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package

Friday, June 10th, 2016 11:39pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 15,161

Lots to report tonight folks, continuing now with some in package images of TakaraTomy Transformers Legends LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead! These fellas are slated for release next month, and will be under the Hasbro banner Titans Return (Stateside). Do you have your pre-orders in? Let us know, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package

Credit(s): Masabon2011@Twitter

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796746)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2016 @ 12:01am CDT
Odd how they parsed "Headmaster" as "Head Master".
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796747)
Posted by Gunmetal on June 11th, 2016 @ 12:03am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796748)
Posted by Gunmetal on June 11th, 2016 @ 12:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Odd how they parsed "Headmaster" as "Head Master".

Also, Hardhead's TM is in head-mode while Galvatron's isn't. Perhaps because Nebulon (or whatever his name is) doesn't technically form the complete face?
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796749)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 11th, 2016 @ 12:10am CDT
I'm loving these in package samples. The production colors look great in "natural" lighting. Galvatron isn't as pale and Hardhead isn't as overly saturated as the stock photos had us believe. I was already committed to getting Takara's Hardhead for the cartoon accurate face sculpt, but now I'm certain I'll stick with Takara for Galvatron as well. The colors look great, and his "Head Master" has actual paint. :)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796755)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 11th, 2016 @ 2:27am CDT
Randomus wrote:Speaking for myself alone, I'd rather have the Hasbro Hardhead. My 1987 self never liked how cartoon Hardhead didn't have the "cool mouth plate" that my toy had.

Same. He just looked more badass with the mouthplate toy look. :)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796760)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 11th, 2016 @ 4:09am CDT
Now I miss when Hasbro toys were packaged in alt mode.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796767)
Posted by Va'al on June 11th, 2016 @ 4:43am CDT
One of the pieces of news coming out of the Tokyo Toy Fest 2016, and a little overshadowed by the Masterpiece Cheetor reveal, concerns the Legends series and a potential godly addition. According to Twitter user tagoal, we might be seeing a heavy remold of the Leader Powermaster Prime, already a retool of Ultra Magnus. Machine translation of the tweets say the following:

Development in the Japan Edition ginrai!!

It something considerably different from the power master op ginrai?!

Redesign of the cab, ginrai, breast changes, changes, arms and legs are different and such?!

Which seem to suggest that chest, cab, arms and legs of the figure will be modified to get close to the big robot mode, including something happening to the Titanmaster feature to accommodate the Ginrai character. Are we to see the Godbomber directly? Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796771)
Posted by Kurona on June 11th, 2016 @ 5:11am CDT
Oh hell yes. I'm yet to watch Masterforce but I've heard that Ginrai is basically a toned down Kamina (which, considering how confusing his looking exactly like optimus is, makes "who the hell do you think I am?!" a legitimate question) so he's already in my good books. And hey, the transtector itself looked incredible
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796781)
Posted by xMXUx on June 11th, 2016 @ 6:36am CDT
That's awesome news about Ginrai :D although depending on how different he is from PMOP, I might consider getting both, which wouldn't be too good for my wallet :roll:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796788)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2016 @ 8:46am CDT
Randomus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Odd how they parsed "Headmaster" as "Head Master".

Yeah it could be that, but I thought it was to sell the look of this new titan master, which looks like Megatron. The head transformed as a robot is more recognizable than it just as a head.

That Bot wrote:Now I miss when Hasbro toys were packaged in alt mode.

I do too. The last time it happened was the AOE deluxe Dinobots, right?
Its odd, they've even been rereleasing many G1s in robot mode. I guess it's to differentiate themselves from other brands and it makes it easy for parent to tell that it is an action figure.

I preffer the grey on hasbro's hardhead over the brown on Takara's. Both are cool though, I am really impressed at how both companies took the same toy but modified it for it to resemble 2 different looks of the character: toy and show model. I really love when Hasbro and Takara offer different takes rather than both going for a similar look with one of them doing a better job at it.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796792)
Posted by Va'al on June 11th, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
Soon enough after reporting the rumour which really wasn't about Legends God Ginrai, we have some confirmation fuel from Takara Tomy designer and unofficial PR machine Hisashi Yuki over on Twitter. Fellow staff member Hellscream9999 notifies us of the Super Jinrai sketch, as part of the Legends series - Yuki seems to lament the non-MP choice, but also seems happy enough to ask for support for the line. Check it out below!

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796793)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2016 @ 9:07am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796794)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 11th, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
Maybe put a Powermaster on the chest? More blocky G1 style truck cab?

You know, Takara, I'm getting really tired of buying more than one of these figures because of your awesome remolds and paint.... #-o
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796798)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2016 @ 9:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hm, based on that artwork, it looks to still be Super Ginrai rather than God Ginrai. No visible Godbomber armor components.

Yup, and you know, how they wrote Super Ginrai on it ;)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796803)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 11th, 2016 @ 10:14am CDT
In that case, I might hold off on PMOP then. I think the cab looks okay, but I certainly would've taken the blockiness of the original. Ginrai, thy must deliver!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796828)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 11th, 2016 @ 12:11pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796849)
Posted by Gunmetal on June 11th, 2016 @ 1:26pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:So Ginrai is getting heavy retooling from PMOP huh? Sounds like it could be Devastator all over again.
Could be, but at least PMOP doesn't have omissions on the level of the Constructicon elbows (but I wouldn't be surprised if the leg modifications include ankle tilts).

Looking at the picture, it looks like the may have the arm panels hinge higher up so that they aren't underneath his hands. This could allow for wrist swivels, but would leave him without that grip he needs to hold his guns better.

The chest does look different too. At first I thought, "what's the point," since it's not like they still need to distinguish it from Ultra Magnus (they way Takara distinguished their Technobots from their earlier mold partners). Then I realized it: they're different characters (duh) #-o ; giving them distinct chests gives us an excuse to get both to represent the two side-by-side.

Well played.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796850)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 11th, 2016 @ 1:28pm CDT
Randomus wrote:

Well played.

Well PMOP has nasty hollow arms, no ankle tilts (as you mentioned) and no wrist swivels so hopefully they'll be on the agenda for upgrading.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796852)
Posted by Gunmetal on June 11th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Randomus wrote:

Well played.

I don't know about the arms; they still look hollow in the sketch, and I can't recall any other instance where Takara went back and filled in forearms or thighs. Masterpiece aside, I think both companies are equally guilty of 3-sided limbs (which makes sense since the toys are designed jointly).
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends: LG-23 Galvatron and LG-21 Hardhead In Package (1796853)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 11th, 2016 @ 1:56pm CDT
Somebody snuck in and got this.

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY