Thursday, August 3rd, 2017 3:06am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,786

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, and via site sponsor HobbyLinkJapan, we have confirmation of two new reissues from Takara Tomy Transformers in their Masterpiece line. Coming back in January 2018, we will see MP-22 Ultra Magnus and MP-36 Megatron! If you weren't able to grab them first time round, now's your chance - click on the images below to head to the listings!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron

Credit(s): HLJ

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901561)
Posted by Burn on August 3rd, 2017 @ 4:31am CDT
Come on Premium Collectables! Why aren't your pre-orders up yet? You were the first ones to open pre-orders on the initial release! Come on Scotty mate! Take my money!

HAHAHAHA I kid. Pre-ordered through HLJ!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901581)
Posted by nycPrime on August 3rd, 2017 @ 6:27am CDT
OK, that MP Ultra Magnus is super tempting. A-E has it for $113 before shipping..... argh decisions!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901637)
Posted by bodrock on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:04am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901746)
Posted by Emerje on August 3rd, 2017 @ 5:59pm CDT
bodrock wrote:Imma hafta convince my waifu I want Megz 2.0 as an early Xmas present (to myself)....!

Wouldn't it be a late present? It comes out in January and you won't have to pay for it until then.

Emerje
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901785)
Posted by william-james88 on August 3rd, 2017 @ 10:23pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Its a late christmas present for myself, I just preordered it. Will be like MP Primal last year which I only got after christmas :D
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901817)
Posted by bodrock on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:32am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Technically, it would be late, Emerje! But I'd be pre-ordering from HLJ, ASAP, and assume the money's as good as spent. ;)

He's truly a Masterpiece. I am still very curious as to how the OS offering from WeiJiang will compare...
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901820)
Posted by Emerje on August 4th, 2017 @ 12:51am CDT

Emerje
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901823)
Posted by bodrock on August 4th, 2017 @ 1:05am CDT

On my recent hunt for Pretenders, the thought never crossed my mind to buy one brand new -- but with Masterpieces, I do treat them a lot more delicately than ant CHUG or 3P figure....and my kids may never know of them until they're at least 8. ;p

I don't own many MPs -- just the recent Soundwave Asia re-release and Bluestreak (from TRU).

Dark Scorponok, CW Sky Lynx, Takara Legends Arcee, CW Wreckgar, and a re-release of G1 Megatron remain MISB, but for no other reason than I haven't been compelled to rip 'em open to make memes yet.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901854)
Posted by william-james88 on August 4th, 2017 @ 6:46am CDT
bodrock wrote:I definitely prefer used prices, not to mention I never buy a bot to keep it MISB.

Plus theres the fact that a used MP Megatron goes for more than these preorders. So in this case, buying new was the way to go for me.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901860)
Posted by nycPrime on August 4th, 2017 @ 7:10am CDT
Emerje wrote:Personally I still need an Ultra Magnus, but they turn up on Mandarake for under ¥17,200 shipped EMS all the time. As far as I'm concerned a new release just means more used options later.

Emerje

In your experience is the 2nd half stuff from Mandarake good quality, or is it pretty random? I assume they inspect it and make sure you're not getting a broken figure?

Like anyone else, I rather pay less than more. But A-E has UM for ¥12,600. After shipping, I imagine it's pretty close to the price you're quoting. Even if it's a little more, I'll probably pay it for the peace of mind of getting a MISB figure.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1901880)
Posted by wilcosu35 on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:15am CDT
nycPrime wrote:

Emerje

I've been buying from Mandarake for a couple of years now, and no complaints whatsoever. It was mostly Sentai and figuarts that i bought from them but also the occasional Transformer. Always in excellent condition and if anything, they tend to describe the items on their website as being in worse condition than they are. A few small scuffs on the corner of a box will be rated as Damaged Box.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1902109)
Posted by bodrock on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:32pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

PRE-ORDER'd!
IMG_7012.JPG
I can't wait! :)
IMG_7014.JPG
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1902116)
Posted by william-james88 on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:56pm CDT
Oh I cant wait either.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1902120)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Oh I cant wait either.
Me neither! If they fix the paint chipping, I might open this second one! :lol:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1902207)
Posted by Emerje on August 5th, 2017 @ 4:16am CDT
wilcosu35 wrote:
nycPrime wrote:

Emerje

Yeah, Mandarake will only sell something that's broken or missing parts in the store if it can still be sold as vintage to a collector, like a boxed G1 figure missing a gun or something as long as the box is still in decent shape.

MP Ultra Magnus starts at ¥7,500 for a figure missing the instructions but otherwise complete. Plus ¥5,200 to ship EMS and you're paying ¥12,700 ($115) used, hard to beat that. My only concern would be that UM does have a known issue with the knee joints so you're taking a risk on a used one breaking, but there are a lot of tutorials around on fixing the joint or at least inspecting them and preventing breakage.

Emerje
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1902559)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 7th, 2017 @ 11:28am CDT
So glad I got Megs preordered. I am looking forward to him!!!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1904353)
Posted by nycPrime on August 14th, 2017 @ 8:15pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1904354)
Posted by william-james88 on August 14th, 2017 @ 8:25pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:Does anyone know if there is a time limit on how long Anime Export will hold an item for you before you're forced to ship? I have MP Sideswipe+ preordered with them and that has an estimated November release. I'm probably going to preorder Ultra Magnus, which will be 3 months after that. Will they hold it that long?

Yes they will. They will hold your item for a long time since you already paid for it.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1908705)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 5th, 2017 @ 4:56pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece Reissues MP-22 Ultra Magnus & MP-36 Megatron (1908706)
Posted by Kurona on September 5th, 2017 @ 5:07pm CDT
Thanks to fellow board member Cyberpath, we've got news that in addition to new releases in the Masterpiece line; Takara are re-issuing MP-21 -- otherwise known as Bumblebee! The G1 cartoon-accurate figure is set to be re-released in February of next year, and pre-orders are currently up on a couple sites. Click here to pre-order from HLJ, click here to pre-order from AmiAmi; click the image below to see our gallery of this wonderful figure, and tell us in the forums if you plan to get the friendly Autobot scout!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY