TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Saturday, June 11th, 2016 2:55pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 23,655

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

There's no stopping the 2016 Tokyo Toy Show excitement it seems, this time with display pics of TakaraTomy Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus! These two Combiners sport new remolds (and entirely new molds), and stunning new color palettes. This pair will be the next to hit retail (Bruticus being this month!) so keep your eyes peeled for in hand images and reviews from Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus

Credit(s): 北马伊斯力 via weibo, yozakana_1, ponponchin, MASABON2011, and GENgoraw via Twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1796923)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 11th, 2016 @ 6:09pm CDT
From what it looks like to me, Afterburner is more of a Red-Orange color than just straight red!!
:DANCE:
I don't want summer to fly by, but UW Comp is really something to look forward to in August!

The more I've seen and thought about it, the more Blast Off's colors don't bother me...
The new mold is enough for me, and overall that's a beautiful looking set.
Thankfully I'll have both a completed Hasbro version and (finally) UW Superion within the next week when my TFSource order shows up, so waiting til August to get UW Brut won't be too bad.

Although I won't be getting it, UW Sky Reign's limb figures look really really impressive.
If I could get a hold of just that Trailbreaker, I would in a heartbeat.
That Wheeljack looks incredible! And Ratchet too.
:APPLAUSE:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1796991)
Posted by william-james88 on June 11th, 2016 @ 9:14pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:From what it looks like to me, Afterburner is more of a Red-Orange color than just straight red!!
:DANCE:
I don't want summer to fly by, but UW Comp is really something to look forward to in August!

The more I've seen and thought about it, the more Blast Off's colors don't bother me...
The new mold is enough for me, and overall that's a beautiful looking set.
Thankfully I'll have both a completed Hasbro version and (finally) UW Superion within the next week when my TFSource order shows up, so waiting til August to get UW Brut won't be too bad.

Although I won't be getting it, UW Sky Reign's limb figures look really really impressive.
If I could get a hold of just that Trailbreaker, I would in a heartbeat.
That Wheeljack looks incredible! And Ratchet too.
:APPLAUSE:

Yeah, Afterburner is different in colour so that gives it a nice variety along the tone of the main colour theme. And like you, I find Onslought combined to look quite good. What I never noticed before was how the gun metal grey along his chest merges the grey found on both arms. Its a really nice effect. I dont mind having gone the Hasbro route but its nice to see that anyone collecting the UW toys has nothing to worry about when it comes to good looking toys :)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797053)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 11th, 2016 @ 11:42pm CDT
That Lynxmaster is looking good! Wish I could get Ratchet, sad he's only Botcon/Takara exclusive.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797088)
Posted by Kurona on June 12th, 2016 @ 7:08am CDT
Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797197)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:15pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797200)
Posted by Kurona on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:32pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797201)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:33pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:From what it looks like to me, Afterburner is more of a Red-Orange color than just straight red!!
:DANCE:


I noticed that too, and it makes me VERY happy. Afterburner could stand to have just a bit MORE orange in the mix, but this is okay. It's a nice compromise between his cartoon robot mode pallet and his coloring as Computron's right arm in combined mode. You can tell, though barely, that he's a lighter (more orange) shade of red than Lightspeed, which is really all I could hope for. There is NOTHING about Takara's Computron that's not to like at this point! :D
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797203)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:37pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.


Uhm, you got the G1 sticker sheet and another one of your choice. PLUS you got an Enigma of Combination.

They're still unique.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797204)
Posted by Kurona on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:41pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.


Uhm, you got the G1 sticker sheet and another one of your choice. PLUS you got an Enigma of Combination.

They're still unique.

Yeah, not saying there's no merit, but even then. If you chose G1, it was still the only one that wasn't exclusive.
Like sure, you get G1 Ratchet + the enigma. But if you chose literally anything else + the enigma, then unlike G1 Ratchet it's still something you can't get anywhere else barring insane scalping on ebay.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797206)
Posted by Rainmaker on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:43pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.


Uhm, you got the G1 sticker sheet and another one of your choice. PLUS you got an Enigma of Combination.

They're still unique.

Yeah, not saying there's no merit, but even then. If you chose G1, it was still the only one that wasn't exclusive.
Like sure, you get G1 Ratchet + the enigma. But if you chose literally anything else + the enigma, then unlike G1 Ratchet it's still something you can't get anywhere else barring insane scalping on ebay.


I don't get your argument, you were given G1 and one of your own choice. You had to have G1 regardless unless you don't decide to put it on.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797209)
Posted by Kurona on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:56pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.


Uhm, you got the G1 sticker sheet and another one of your choice. PLUS you got an Enigma of Combination.

They're still unique.

Yeah, not saying there's no merit, but even then. If you chose G1, it was still the only one that wasn't exclusive.
Like sure, you get G1 Ratchet + the enigma. But if you chose literally anything else + the enigma, then unlike G1 Ratchet it's still something you can't get anywhere else barring insane scalping on ebay.


I don't get your argument, you were given G1 and one of your own choice. You had to have G1 regardless unless you don't decide to put it on.

:MAXIMAL:

Well, a lot of people would have gone into this thinking this was their only real chance to get a cw G1 Ratchet - which, considering how many people hated Universe Ratchet, is a big deal. So they would have put the G1 Sticker sheet on and not cared about the other Sticker sheet they were given. And that would have, depending on how you got it, taken quite a bit of time and money - not to mention your own effort, and applying stickers doesn't always work out very well; you can never get them quite perfect.
So then Takara comes around months later, giving G1 Ratchet for what is essentially a normal retail price all things considered. Suddenly, that Ratchet from the customization class? Not only is it now not unique, it is an inferior version and a more expensive version. And even if you kept the second sticker sheet, it's gonna be a bit of a mess getting those G1 stickers off. And then there's the whole thing with not being able to have Medix either.
If you went into it because you thought it was your one chance at this, you're now essentially fucked.
And hell, it's resale value will have gone down as well. You can't as easily justify selling it online for a reasonable amount of money when there's a superior, cheaper one running around unless you also wanna sell your enigma.

All I'm saying is that CW G1 Ratchet is no longer convention exclusive, which would likely be rather annoying to the people who paid convention exclusive price money to get him now there's a better cheaper version. And I doubt having a second sticker sheet they may not even care about - considering how very niche said sticker sheets are - plus a little trinket does a lot to soften the blow.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797210)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2016 @ 5:56pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.

I thought it was just that now you can get a Ratchet you dont have to paint yourself.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797211)
Posted by shajaki on June 12th, 2016 @ 6:04pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.

I thought it was just that now you can get a Ratchet you dont have to paint yourself.
S'what I figured. Besides, how many people got that custom class without the intention of using it as G1 Ratchet >:oP
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797232)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:22pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.

I thought it was just that now you can get a Ratchet you dont have to paint yourself.
S'what I figured. Besides, how many people got that custom class without the intention of using it as G1 Ratchet >:oP

Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797233)
Posted by Kurona on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:26pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
shajaki wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:
Kurona wrote:Talking of which... I wonder how many people who got the CW G1 Ratchet at Botcon are kicking themselves now.


Why?

:MAXIMAL:

Because it now has a 'nornal retail' release; in a bundle with four other dudes at a reasonable price. With a better deco.
Then again I'm not exactly sure if the customization class cost much, but buying the rest of them online if you weren't able to go certainly did cost you.
And even without the price... There's four other guys (medix, sg ratchet, g2 ratchet, marvel ratchet) you could have gotten instead. So if you chose G1 Ratchet, you got a little gipped because it's now the only one you could have chosen that's not exclusive.

I thought it was just that now you can get a Ratchet you dont have to paint yourself.
S'what I figured. Besides, how many people got that custom class without the intention of using it as G1 Ratchet >:oP

Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s

You say that as if it's a bad thing
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797241)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:39pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s

You say that as if it's a bad thing

Does Ratchet have the body of a Harley Qui....okay, this got weird fast... :-s
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797244)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:42pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s

:lol: Thats hilarious!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797246)
Posted by Kurona on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:52pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s

You say that as if it's a bad thing

Does Ratchet have the body of a Harley Qui....okay, this got weird fast... :-s

Well, he was originally supposed to be female...
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797249)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:55pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s

You say that as if it's a bad thing

Does Ratchet have the body of a Harley Qui....okay, this got weird fast... :-s

I've got a few hours to kill tonight, quick, someone go get Nemesis Maximo in here and continue this train wreck of weird - this is gonna be great :twisted:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: Tokyo Toy Show Display UW-08 Computron & UW-07 Bruticus (1797250)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 12th, 2016 @ 8:55pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Count me in that crowd! With my painting skills, I'd have likely ended up with a Ratchet that looks like Harley Quinn... :-s

You say that as if it's a bad thing

Does Ratchet have the body of a Harley Qui....okay, this got weird fast... :-s

Well, he was originally supposed to be female...

Really? Huh, talk about a missed opportunity :(

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY