TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box

Saturday, May 23rd, 2015 11:54pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 19,429

Credit(s): TFyuki

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689665)
Posted by Editor on May 24th, 2015 @ 12:00am CDT
Well...

Unite Superion does have a pretty box design.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689675)
Posted by Diem on May 24th, 2015 @ 12:31am CDT
I'm digging the retro Scramble Gattai logo.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689679)
Posted by Rated X on May 24th, 2015 @ 12:43am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689684)
Posted by durroth on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:01am CDT
Was there any significant difference between the decos of hasbro's defensor and takara's guardian? I mean the original g1 releases. I'm curious about what we might expect for the takara decos of the characters.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689686)
Posted by Diem on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:04am CDT
Rated X wrote:Looks good. All thats missing is some PE hands and feet to make that bad boy complete. Hastak is stupid not to offer similar upgrade sets for adult colectors. I bet if it was an official product, all the third party haters would be all over it. But then again they would probably complain that it wasnt included ala rage of hercules set. All I know is my superion is gonna look bad ass !

You know what? For once I'm going to agree with you.

Not specifically about the hands and feet (as far as I'm concerned they're already good enough that I wouldn't want to pay a penny more for replacements, especially at 3rd-party prices) but I do feel that Hasbro is in a position where, if they have to choose between quality and budget for the regular retail release they should be able to offer "DLC". They release Generations Scourge without a Fracas? Thunderwing with the little drone thing not being able to become a robot? No Slammer with Metroplex? They should know that there's a few thousand morons who are willing to pay more to "complete" a figure than we did for the actual figure itself.

Hell, in an era where Kickstarter exists it's kind of mad that the company keeps shooting in the dark and hoping we all actually wanted a non-pretender Skullgrin figure. Thy should by now be able to say "Do you really want a Skullcruncher? Like really really, money-where-your-mouth-is want one?"

Buuuuut, they're a mass children's toy manufacturer, not a high-end collectible manufacturer so there's always going to be a void between the coulda and the shoulda, and that's okay.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689694)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:18am CDT
why hasbro why? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689700)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:32am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:the one thing that hasbro should have done and i'm still wondering why, is the white hands and feet
why hasbro why? :BANG_HEAD:
Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

And provide more color contrast that keeps the overall figure from being too overwhelmingly white.

I do like the white hands/feet, though.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689703)
Posted by megatronus on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:42am CDT
Diem wrote:They should know that there's a few thousand morons who are willing to pay more to "complete" a figure than we did for the actual figure itself.

It might be wise to avoid calling a large segment of the fandom morons. >:oP
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689707)
Posted by megatronus on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:53am CDT
I'm loving this.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689708)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2015 @ 1:58am CDT
And the next Unite Warriors combiner after Guardian is...

The 1984 Autobot combiner?!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously never saw Takara ever doing this like this.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689710)
Posted by megatronus on May 24th, 2015 @ 2:04am CDT
Just as the comics dictate! Huzzah!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689711)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2015 @ 2:07am CDT
megatronus wrote:Just as the comics dictate! Huzzah!
Comics which Japan does not ordinarily get, even. :P

Though, notice that Takara seems to have reversed the arrangement of the arms and legs from Hasbro's setup. Prowl and Ironhide are now the arms, and Mirage and Sunstreaker are the legs.

So, definitely not comic-accurate. 8-}
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689713)
Posted by Amelie on May 24th, 2015 @ 3:02am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

Nope
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689717)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 24th, 2015 @ 3:09am CDT
shajaki wrote:Oh TFyuki, how you tease us. Tonight he brings us In-Box shots of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-01 Superion! This TakaraTomy box set is geared towards the hardcore G1 fan, what with the cartoon accurate deco and lack of an Alpha Bravo. Keep scrolling to see the pics, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

:BOWDOWN:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689735)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2015 @ 5:52am CDT
Amelie wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

Nope
D'oh! #-o Brainfart.

Then I guess it was for color contrast.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689736)
Posted by Va'al on May 24th, 2015 @ 5:52am CDT
In addition to the recent reveal of both Takara Tomy Unite Warriors Superion and the big box the line will feature, TFYuki has also teased another silhouette for an upcoming combiner: the 1984 Autobot combiner!

What has just appeared in the latest issue of IDW Publishing's Combiner Wars, and is currently known as Optimus Maximus in the Hasbro nomenclature, the new combiner will include the Optimus Prime mold, plus the four rumoured Autobot limbs of Prowl, Mirage, Sunstreaker and Ironhide - though not fully confirmed as such. Check out the teaser below!

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689748)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 24th, 2015 @ 6:28am CDT
For Superion, I pre-ordered the Takara version from the get-go, as soon as I knew it was going to contain Slingshot. Even after the reveal of the Hasbro release of him as well, I figured it would be easier just to stick with my plan.

For Defensor, I originally planned to be happy with Legends Groove (he was, at least, still a part of the team!) and had the Hasbro versions pre-ordered. But after the reveal of Deluxe Groove, I found my mind changing and canceled those pre-orders so that I could make a new pre-order for the Takara version. (After about a day or so of worrying if I'd be able to do so for a semi-reasonable price!)

For the 1984 Autobot combiner, however, I think I shall just stick with Hasbro. (Hopefully they do proper reveals of the limb-bots soon!) Helps that in this case I already own the chest component, as Optimus is the one Combiner Wars figure (not counting Legends Class figures) that I already have in-hand. And as a new combiner, I don't have to worry too much about, "The make up of the team isn't quite right!" or, "I wish the decos could be a little better!"

(And, just so he isn't left out... For Menasor, I never had any plans on the Combiner Wars version. Fansproject beat Hasbro to the punch there with me, and I figured that I'd be able to enjoy the molds in question via their inevitable repaints.)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689751)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 24th, 2015 @ 6:36am CDT
Va'al wrote:Image

What I'm able to discern, the limbs are these molds:

- Left Arm: Dead End/Streetwise
- Left Leg: Drag Strip
- Right Arm: Offroad
- Right Leg: Breakdown

How much you wanna bet this will be another limited release :lol:
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689763)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 24th, 2015 @ 7:44am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Black hands/feet are what the original toys had.

Nope
D'oh! #-o Brainfart.

Then I guess it was for color contrast.

I think you meant Defensor. Defensor had black hands and feet modules.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors: UW-01 Superion In Box (1689764)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on May 24th, 2015 @ 7:49am CDT
I wonder what color hands and feet the 1984 Autobot combiner (either version, Hasbro's or Takara's) will have? There was that banner ad that featured artwork that will be presumably Hasbro's version, but I cannot recall off of the top of my head what color the hand in the image was...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Fall of Cybertron - Voyager: Grimlock Action …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return LAZERBEAK Complete LASERBEAK Generations Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe SDCC 2010 Autobot Blaster NEW SEALED!!" on EBAY
Buy "2016 SDCC GI JOE Transformers - Zartan Soundwave vs Scarlett Powerglide - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS - JETFIRE – NEW MISB - THRILLING 30 LEADER CLASS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime TERRORCON CLIFFJUMPER First 1st Edition Hasbro SEALED Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2019 Mondo Exclusive Tom Whalen Pin - Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS IRONHIDE RID CLASSICS UNIVERSE DELUXE CLASS FIGURE COG" on EBAY