TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display

TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display

Saturday, May 7th, 2016 1:16pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 39,901

Transfest2016 strikes again, hitting us with a display of TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-07 Bruticus! Twitter users くろさび@chromless and 江東のマサ@MASABON2011 are at the event taking many pics, mainly showing off the new exclusive mold: Blast-Off who sports his proper shuttle alt mode. See those shots below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display

Credit(s): くろさび@chromless, 江東のマサ@MASABON2011

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787512)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 7th, 2016 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787514)
Posted by Kurona on May 7th, 2016 @ 1:29pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's a shame Takara didn't whip up a couple of new guns for Onslaught and Bruticus. To keep their G1 silhouettes, you need to keep the guns attached to Onsalught's and Bruticus' backs. That leaves the team leader and the gestalt form without any firearms. I guess fisticuffs will have to suffice?

To be fair, Bruticus' bios do specify he's one of the overall strongest transformers. Plus every time he fought in the cartoon he either used his fists, Vortex' blades and then there was the one time he used Shockwave.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787526)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 7th, 2016 @ 1:41pm CDT
His fists do have guns built into them so he doesn't need to remove the guns from his back. Onslaught is a different story. I had to give a 3rd party gun to him.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787533)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 7th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787539)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 7th, 2016 @ 2:31pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Blast Off would be better if he had a darker brown in my opinion. Still looks a little odd to me. Good looking set on everyone else though.

Agreed, though you do see some of the "proper" dark brown coloring peppered about his robot mode and alt mode, it's just that it's more of a highlight color instead of the main color, which is that light brown. If they had swapped those browns around, I think it would have worked out quite nicely, with light brown highlights to help break up the dark pallet of the original toy and show model a bit. C'est la vie.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787558)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 7th, 2016 @ 5:02pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I'll second this... This lighter brown color is a bit surprising as well as a little disappointing.
While I don't really mind this color on the chest plate of Brut, on Blast-off it's a little much.
In terms of appearances, I also think Onslaught's blue is a little saturated; should be more of a slate blue.
But other than those couple issues, I think this set looks good. With the PE hands/feet it should be amazing.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787563)
Posted by Mr Skram on May 7th, 2016 @ 5:14pm CDT
I might yet sell my hasbro Brut so I xan get the UW version.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787566)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 7th, 2016 @ 5:19pm CDT
Mr Skram wrote:I might yet sell my hasbro Brut so I xan get the UW version.

I don't blame you... I think this set is well worth the price.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787567)
Posted by Kurona on May 7th, 2016 @ 5:20pm CDT
Talking of colours being off... I really wish Brawl was actually green.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787594)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 7th, 2016 @ 6:30pm CDT
Bruticus and Galvatron sitting on a tree..........

'nuff said!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787607)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 7th, 2016 @ 7:43pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787624)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 7th, 2016 @ 8:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:You know, all previous images of UW Blast Off made his brown look like copper, but the lighting in these pics makes it look downright orange.

lol, called it 'orange-off', well, it looks like natural light, so, unless it's a painted prototype, he's gonna be orange :-P
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787625)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 7th, 2016 @ 8:26pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Mr. Positivity!
HA
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787626)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 7th, 2016 @ 8:30pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Mr. Positivity!
HA

Hey, I honestly don't care, but everyone crapped on me for saying that he would be orange, and yet here we are. I would buy an orange (TT) blast-off, if hasbro released it for May mayhem, it would help set him apart from :HASBRO:-off, so, I couldn't care less personally.

That said, I do think this is a misstep for TT, as it really doesn't match up with the show (where they are clearly drawing the deco from)
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787627)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on May 7th, 2016 @ 8:33pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Mr. Positivity!
HA

It is a little weird for TT, but oh well... I'm still excited for the set.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787631)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 7th, 2016 @ 8:44pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Mr. Positivity!
HA

It is a little weird for TT, but oh well... I'm still excited for the set.
Either way, whether it's orange or brown, I don't think it matters all that much since this isn't Blast Off's cartoon body anyway. It's an upgraded version of it from after the era of G2.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787636)
Posted by Prowl4 on May 7th, 2016 @ 9:01pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787639)
Posted by Kurona on May 7th, 2016 @ 9:04pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:Looking forward to bruticus. Looks perfect to me and I hope blast off will be a takara only release.

Wait, why do you want it to not be released by Hasbro as well?
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787685)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 8th, 2016 @ 1:18am CDT
Soundwave76 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, either way, I agree it looks orange. Maybe burnt orange, but orange none the less.
It is a little weird for TT, but oh well... I'm still excited for the set.

They go out of their way to homage the original cartoon models even when the toy designs don't line up (fake grille on Swindle for example) so where it's fictionally set doesn't really matter except for Grand Galvatron, who is a departure from the norm for all of his components. It goes to great lengths to look like the cartoon model but then deviates in certain ways, which is odd for Takara and subject to criticism.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors - UW-07 Bruticus On Display (1787687)
Posted by Kurona on May 8th, 2016 @ 1:23am CDT
Yyyeah, Takara is pretty clearly aiming for G1 cartoon accuracy with this - right down to the animation error of Blast Off as Bruticus' chest - so as much as I don't like them taking that route, it is what they're going for and hence the set as a whole should be judged by that merit.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY