TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings

TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings

Saturday, June 25th, 2016 8:55pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 34,508

If you're not tired over the pile of UW-07 Bruticus pics just posted, then sit back and enjoy some new TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings! TFyuki stokes the coals of Technobot excitement By showing us the pair in and out of box, and a stand-off between the two team leaders Onslaught and Scattershot. Have a look below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings

Credit(s): TF Yuki

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800685)
Posted by RevTibe on June 25th, 2016 @ 8:56pm CDT
Brawl's HFG's colour looks pretty damn good on his vehicle mode, although the recolour suits Swindle a bit less. Blast Off looks a bit blocky for my tastes, but I can respect the importance of nostalgia for some (happy we have both options!).
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800689)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on June 25th, 2016 @ 8:59pm CDT
That Computron looks fecking amazing...
Afterburner may not be as red-orange as I would like, but he's definitely not the same red as Lightspeed.

Can't. Wait. For. August.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800739)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:30pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800743)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:36pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Don't know how, don't know why, but I'm bacccckkkk! I love that they changed the rotor on Vortex, remember in the cartoon that was a weapon for Bruticus. I like how the other members look, but I am disappointed they didn't change the cannon back pack, what is Bruticus supposed to use a weapon?

Yeah, too bad he can't emulate that, would've been awesome; as for weapons, I'd imagine the dual mini-guns attached to his fists would do some damage |:|
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800746)
Posted by william-james88 on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:40pm CDT
You know whats interesting? While I can never say that Takara didnt do well here, they did a lot right, I think Hasbro's effort is comendable. When it comes to individual modes, most are as good to me:

Brawl is kinds the same. Sure Takara has some extra colour on the face but its nothing to write home about, though I do wish Hasbro's was a mroe toy accurate green to be more distinctive.

I preffer Hasbro's Swindle. The vehicle mode works much better to me and I like his chest better too with the nice colours and the coloured peg.

For Vortex its a trade off, both are ok. I like the extra blades but they are as much a burden as a blessing. Same for the colours, the blue on Takara's looks as off as the Yellow on Hasbro's. And I commend Takara on their show accuracy as mucha s I commend Hasbro on their toy accuracy. I guess for the fun of the chest colour, I preffer Hasbro's, I mean look at those colours!

Both Blastoffs are off. Sure, one is an actual shuttle, but I really dislike the arms just being there and the not forming the nose. Plus that protruding chest is bad comedy and those colours arent great. I love the look of Hasbro's in robot mode. The colours are great, but of course its just a redeco of a jet :(

And finally for Onslought, I always loved that Hasbro deco. It works really well for me, and I see him better in muted colours than in bright colours. And the vehicle mode's colours are better. But that combined torso on takara's looks great, so I guess its a toss up with a personal preference going to Hasbro.

In the end, both are fine and I am ok just sticking with Hasbro's. I dont feel as compelled to get this guy as I do Takara's computron which has a serious edge against Hasbro's.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800749)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:49pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Really? I think if you straighten the arm out it can spin... oh wait the raised tail section might be an issue. Well wait for Chuck Daddy's review and we'll see.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800756)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2016 @ 11:06pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:but I am disappointed they didn't change the cannon back pack, what is Bruticus supposed to use a weapon?
The blasters on his knuckles?

Or the raw power of tearing his enemies apart with his bare hands. :twisted:

Or, one could buy a version of Legends class Shockwave for him to use.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800770)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 25th, 2016 @ 11:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The blasters on his knuckles?

Or the raw power of tearing his enemies apart with his bare hands. :twisted:

Or, one could buy a version of Legends class Shockwave for him to use.

All good options, and I have shockwave waiting for the big bad dudicus!
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800780)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on June 26th, 2016 @ 12:08am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Alpha Dominus wrote:Even with the mismatched ballerina feet it stills rocks harder than the Hasbro version. Love that Vortex too. Much preferred over the G2 lookin Hasbro one.

You... might actually have eye damage if you're equating the muted colors of hasbro's retail release (and not actually the g2 version, it's hard to tell) with a neon g2 transformer, when the TT one is objectively brighter than the hasbro release in all cases...

Yeah, I'm just talking about Vortex. If you think blue,black and gray is more garish than teal green, red, yellow, purple and gray than we obviously have different definitions of "muted colors".
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800781)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 26th, 2016 @ 12:11am CDT
Alpha Dominus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Well, hasbro was just homaging the toy - like they've done with most, if not all of their other cw figures, I wasn't going to get the UW release, I just wanted to clarify what you meant, as I thought you meant the whole thing, my bad
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800785)
Posted by SeventhSage on June 26th, 2016 @ 12:21am CDT
I have to give it to Hasbro on this one. The colors on the Takara version are clashing too much. That space shuttle tho...
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800796)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 26th, 2016 @ 1:00am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800825)
Posted by Professor Smooth on June 26th, 2016 @ 7:27am CDT
Gotta say, I like the disparate look of the Unite Warriors version. It fits well with the origins of the Combaticons and of Bruticus himself. Cobbled together from bits and pieces of machinery from (possibly several different) earth wars, looking a bit like Frankenstein's Monster makes sense.

It also helps to set it apart from what, until now, have been some pretty well-balanced combiner modes. Superion, Menasor (to a point), Devastator, and Defensor all look like "teams" while Devastator looks like five separate characters literally thrown together.

This is especially nice considering Bruticus' place in the Combiner Wars line. It's the first wide release since Devastator came out months ago. And it came out just a few months before the heavily anticipated Computron (another gestalt with a uniform color scheme). Bruticus could have easily been a "pass" by for many fans who were happy with (and/or already imported) the Hasbro version. But the colors (as well as the all-new Blast Off mold (which, even I have to admit, isn't all that great as its own figure) gives it a little extra "pop" that may have convinced folks to buy it.

Heck, I know I had reservations about it. I got my order in for Computron the day it went up on Amazon, but didn't order Bruticus until the advanced pics grew on me.

Glad I picked it up. Hope I've got some time this week to fiddle around with it.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800832)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2016 @ 8:22am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:i guess its the g1 cartoon vs g1 toy look! i like the unite warriors but blastoff needs to have the darker brown like hasbros blastoff thats the only thing that needs changing but hasbros bruticus i like the silver chest better

Yeah, but if only Hasbro's Brawl was more green than brown, that would really bring home the idea of a full toy accuracy over show accuracy. Because as it stands, he is the odd man out for Hasbro in terms of colours and the only one who matches more closely with the takara counterpart.

Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800834)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on June 26th, 2016 @ 8:37am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Alpha Dominus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Um...I think it's actually kinda more my bad? Yeah cuz while the UW version has more vivid colors they at least can fall into either an analogous or complimentary color scheme. As for the Hasbro release, with the exception of Vortex they all have pretty consistent color schemes as well-although more subdued.

What I meant by my "G2 Vortex" comment was not necessarily that it pays homage to the OG G2 color scheme but rather that it displayed that level of gaudiness.

Overall, I think both work brilliantly. Personally, I prefer the UW version as the colors pop more even if those feet are a total fail-despite their cartoon accuracy. And yeah I really can't stand that Hasbro Vortex.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800947)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 26th, 2016 @ 3:22pm CDT
Computron!!!

And that Bruticus is not bad. Bummer about a weapon, but still not bad. I just can't get into that mold as a shuttle though
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800992)
Posted by DeathReviews on June 26th, 2016 @ 6:34pm CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800993)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 26th, 2016 @ 6:38pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:I thought that Defensor and the Protectobots were the established rivals for Bruticus and the Combaticons - and that Computron's 'rival' was Abominus and the Terrorcons....

This is correct. Where are you seeing differently?
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1800998)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2016 @ 6:53pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

This is correct. Where are you seeing differently?

This:

But is just promotional stuff, Death, its just the next 2 combiners planned for release in one pic.
Re: TakaraTomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron Teasings (1801000)
Posted by Kurona on June 26th, 2016 @ 6:55pm CDT
Come to think of it, Computron vs Bruticus would still be pretty awesome. Bruticus is known simultaneously as the physically strongest combiner and the dumbest combiner - while Computron is the exact opposite. Would be interesting at the very least.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Impactor+Earthrise Micromaster Astro Squad" on EBAY