TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!)

TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!)

Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 11:54pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 27,441

Curt from TFSource has sent us a new solicitation featuring Takara Tomy's Unite Warriors Menasor, featuring what seems to be a rather drastic redeco from Hasbro's originals as well as some other good news: Legends Arcee is being reissued and more will be available!

Here's what Curt had to say:

Will have preorders up in 1-2 hours

Also a reissue lg10 arcee

The links are now live! (You can click on the links below (and the Menasor image) to be taken to the ordering pages.)

Both preorders now up on TFSource as promised!

Both set for an August release!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Curt

After preordering, check out our galleries of the Hasbro versions of the Stunticons, as well as the Takara Tomy Arcee, and come on back to the forums to share your thoughts!

Transformers News: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!)

Credit(s): TFSource

This article was last modified on Friday, April 3rd, 2015 12:38am CDT

Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670604)
Posted by Crosscheck on April 3rd, 2015 @ 12:41am CDT
Takara's Dead End is a definite improvement over Hasbro's. The grey chest helps. I like Hasbro's Dragstrip better. The burgundy breaks the yellow up. No meaningful difference between Breakdown and Wildrider. Need a bigger picture to decide on Motormaster.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670616)
Posted by Emerje on April 3rd, 2015 @ 2:31am CDT
Yep, I'll be getting this one. Menasor is looking great and does Wildrider's chest look chromed to anyone else? Check out the back of his chest in leg mode. Maybe they're just using a really good silver paint on him and Motormaster.

Emerje
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670630)
Posted by Deathsanras on April 3rd, 2015 @ 4:13am CDT
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670636)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 3rd, 2015 @ 5:42am CDT

And it's amazing what simply standing him upright can do for people's outlook on Menasor.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670640)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 3rd, 2015 @ 6:36am CDT
Tigertrack wrote:I find it interesting that they are so (to use a bobism/razorclaw2000) slavish to G1 that they even painted in a piece, at least in this picture, that makes it look like Dragstrip has his 4 front wheels like in G1.

Sweet mercy, they did!...that's possibly going a little overboard...

Deathsanras wrote:The obvious question seems to be - why would anyone buy Alpha Bravo or Offroad any more? You'd have to either be hard-core into just the extremely specific IDW version of G1, or very specifically against redecos within a team (but completely fine with redecos between teams). Taking their toys entirely on their own they stand out as being somewhat mismatched among their teams.

I still don't think they seem so mis-matched. But anyways, I already have Bravo, but intend to get offroad regardless of also getting Brake Nek. Reason being, I love new characters, and both figures look good to me. Also, the very mix and match element of this line means more characters, more options, more fun!
I want the core teams, but I love Scramble city, so putting Bravo on Superion is no different to plonking on Blades, Streetwise or even any of the cons! Who knows what each adventure may call for :D
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670650)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on April 3rd, 2015 @ 8:11am CDT

3 words "Energon Ultra Prime"

also some may actually prefer the new guys to one of the old Members of these teams. Personally, i wish each Deluxe had a "Weapon mode" like the G1 Seacons did. I know the Legends are taking that role but it would have been fun to have the Deluxes able to alternate between being limbs, or weapons as well as robots

also the preorders for Takara Menasor and Arcee have also hit BBTS in case anyone has a preference for them
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670654)
Posted by Crosscheck on April 3rd, 2015 @ 8:22am CDT

Because new mold beats recolor any day of the week. Especially when said new molds are great figures. Not everyone is a slave to the original. Also, the IDW fiction is quite good, so having figures based off that is good.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670664)
Posted by Powered Convoy on April 3rd, 2015 @ 8:33am CDT
So the major differences seem to be:

Motormaster - dark gray / black instead of gray, silver / white arms.

Dragstrip - mostly yellow with cartoon accurate head deco and some G1 car specific detailing

Breakdown - mostly identical. Removes weird text on window, may have some other cartoon accurate details like yellow eyes and blue hands that we can't see.

Dead End - Brown instead of maroon. No yellow stripe in car mode. Silver chest instead of maroon. No gray sides in car mode.

Wildrider - less red. For example arms are gray with red detailing, legs are gray instead of red. Silver chest carries over to both sides of the panel.

Menasor - his torso is mostly black with some additional purple detailing. Changes from other components carry over.

Randy
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670665)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 3rd, 2015 @ 8:34am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:You'd have to either be hard-core into just the extremely specific IDW version of G1,
I don't understand what the confusion over being a hardcore IDW G1 fan is. Lots of people love IDW G1 over Marvel G1 or Sunbow G1. Lots of other people even love Marvel G1 over Sunbow G1. It's no different from back when people preferred the Armada and Energon Dreamwave comics over their respective cartoon counterparts, or even when people prefer any one series (G1-based or otherwise) over all others in general. Beast Wars, Animated, the movies, Prime, Rescue Bots, the new RID series... all have become top fan favorites over the years. It's not like the Sunbow G1 cartoon is some grand king that everyone automatically defaults to as the #1 series.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670667)
Posted by munkimus prime on April 3rd, 2015 @ 8:38am CDT
I like how Wildrider has a lot less red on him than with Break-neck which was my only complaint with him. Motormaster looks quite good having a black Cab instead of the CW's grey. Deadend's red seems a bit to dark for me but that may be accurate so I don't know and Breakdown looks the same as his CW version. I don't know about Dragstrip I like his silver cockpit but the extra black on the sides kind of ruins him for me. Hopefully when there are clearer pictures of Menasor I can give my final judgement on Pre-ordering him or not but right now the set looks pretty good. Definitely considering the pre-order.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670681)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2015 @ 9:06am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Image

I a not so gun ho to get this one over the hasbro one as I was with Superion. The hands are the same colors this time and I dont find the motormaster toy to be as influenced on G1 as the Silverbolt toy was, both the individual alt mode and the torso mode. I am surprised with the approach Takara took on the torso colors since that purple is neither found on the toy or the cartoon model. I would have found it quite cooler if they actually made those chest details red and grey like the G1 toy.

Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670683)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2015 @ 9:09am CDT
Crosscheck wrote:

But in this case, hey arent new molds. It's the Blades and First Aid mode being released first.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670698)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 3rd, 2015 @ 9:36am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

To be exact, the molds were made with those characters in mind, and others were made on the go. It's safe to assume each mold has two vehicle shells, and 3 heads at the most, judging from Offroad (planned as "Ruckus"), First Aid and the Ironhide sketch.

Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670712)
Posted by shajaki on April 3rd, 2015 @ 10:07am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Rook's status as such remains to be seen, but I have a feeling we won't find out until next year. Any idea on who he could be retooled into?
Put a drill on the front bumper and call him Nosecone?
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670715)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 3rd, 2015 @ 10:13am CDT
shajaki wrote:
Put a drill on the front bumper and call him Nosecone?

Give him tank treads while you're at it. :lol:
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1670755)
Posted by Crosscheck on April 3rd, 2015 @ 12:12pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:

Blades and Alpha Bravo are essentially the same (which is why I think Blades should have new arms that turn into helicopter landing struts), but Offroad and First Aid only share the core figure. The vehicle shell is completely different (except maybe the arms). So getting Offroad doesn't feel like you are getting the same figure as First Aid. But the only difference between Slingshot and Fireflight is color and head, same with Deadend and Wildrider. And that just doesn't do it for me anymore. Especially since they are attached to the same combiner. I can also forgive AB and Offroad sharing a mold because it is on a different figure. Also why I don't care that Streetwise and Deadend share a core figure, it is on a different combiner.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1671091)
Posted by TreyTable on April 4th, 2015 @ 1:32pm CDT
I just hope there will be more Fans Project (purple and black) hands and feet to pre-order later down the line. I got the black ones pre-ordered for Superion, but didn't have the scratch to get the purple ones,m at the time, for Menasor.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1671099)
Posted by shajaki on April 4th, 2015 @ 2:01pm CDT
I think the "faux" wheels on Dragstrip are really odd. Not liking the idea...

Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1671152)
Posted by munkimus prime on April 4th, 2015 @ 5:30pm CDT
shajaki wrote:I think the "faux" wheels on Dragstrip are really odd. Not liking the idea...

You're not the only one. It looks really weird and unnecessary.
Re: TakaraTomy Unite Warriors Menasor Official Image (Plus Legends Arcee Reissue!) (1671180)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 4th, 2015 @ 6:46pm CDT

I bought Offroad because the only way I could get the wave 2 limbs was in a set of all four, and because I just don't care that much about Wildrider the way I do Slingshot (but I'll still totally get "brake neck" if I can). I bought AB because Slingshot was still a rumor at the time and I needed to have something for Superion to use as an arm in the meantime. I figure he'll eventually wind up with Ultra Prime once I get "quickslinger" (hopefully, oh I'll want to kill myself if I don't wind up getting that)

I'm not hardcore IDW, frankly from what I hear about them, they sound like I'd loathe them if I was still buying comics. I haven't even bothered to read the comics packed in with any of the Gen deluxes I have.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY