Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package

Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 7:09pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 17,048

The end of January is almost near and Encore Big Convoy from Beast Wars Neo will be here soon! Thanks to Nathaniel Prime on the forums for pointing out a new set of stock images of Big Convoy in box showing up on Robotkingdom.com. As a followup to our first look at the box from Tokyo Comic Con in December, the new stock images include shots from the side and full back. While the front and left side is pretty similar to the original box, the back has been entirely redone for the Encore version. The figure on the box has been updated to the new version and they even changed the CG art on the front to match the cartoon colors of the figure.

For comparison below you'll find the new stock images followed by the original packaging (featuring Black Big Convoy) from the Seibertron gallery.

Transformers News: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package

Transformers Beast Wars Neo Black Big Convoy Gallery

Transformers Beast Wars Neo Black Big Convoy Gallery

Transformers Beast Wars Neo Black Big Convoy Gallery

Are you looking forward to Encore Big Convoy coming out over the next week? Holding out for reviews or a sale? Sound off in the Energon Pub forums below!

Credit(s): Nathaniel Prime on Seibertron, Robotkingdom.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 11:43pm CST

Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006459)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 23rd, 2019 @ 7:12pm CST
I'm pretty stoked for this guy. First Neo mold I'll own, and hoping he'll look pretty grand alongside Primal and Apache
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006460)
Posted by Emerje on January 23rd, 2019 @ 7:15pm CST
I guess it isn't just Hasbro that puts reissues in the box the wrong way. Though to be honest I think Big Convoy looks better facing left, you can see more of the figure.

Emerje
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006464)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 7:34pm CST
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006465)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 23rd, 2019 @ 7:36pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:A noob question I'm sure, but just how big is this figure? Compared to my ROTF Leader? :-?
It's an Ultra class figure, but a bit shorter than the original 1996 Ultra class Beast Wars Optimus Primal, and in turn shorter than Leader class ROTF Optimus Prime.
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006467)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 23rd, 2019 @ 7:55pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

He’s about the same size as Car Robots Gigatron, Universe Powerglide and Hardhead/Onslaught, errrrrr...Transmetal Rampage and Depthcharge, bauhhhhhh that’s all I got.
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006468)
Posted by william-james88 on January 23rd, 2019 @ 7:59pm CST

Smaller. Between voyager and leader class.
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006473)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 8:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Smaller. Between voyager and leader class.

Thank you all for your wonderful answers. Wish I had an Ultra class figure to properly compare, but I get the idea (although I might get Universe Ultra Class Onslaught tho, seems badass for 15$) :x
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006474)
Posted by Skritz on January 23rd, 2019 @ 8:21pm CST
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006493)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 23rd, 2019 @ 11:10pm CST
Skritz wrote:You know, I've been tempted to get this guy purely because I think he looks cool and because he's a 'good guy faction leader' from the Beast Era, not to mention one who hasn't gotten a new toy. I just wonder how well the mold hold up, given it was arguably pretty weak in terms of transformation, being a shellformer and all that.

I just got the Universe Nemesis Prime Version for Chrimbo, and I gotta say he certainly looks good on the shelf. If you take off all the beast mode kibble he’s kinda on the skinny side, but if you leave it all on it’ll hinder movement a bit, mostly in the legs department. And it’s really a little bit, like I probably shouldn’t even have called it into question little. However, I always get a cloak/robe/cowl vibe with all the kibbles and bits on him.

His robot mode legs are very Gundam-esque, and I love that about this guy. I will say I think the Big Convoy deco is more striking, and if you do end up getting him I don’t think you’ll regret him.
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006495)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on January 23rd, 2019 @ 11:38pm CST
I have the original, and his left arm (being made from clear plastic) has just crumbled over the years around his joints. seeing this guys arm is solid plastic is making me want to upgrade to the new model
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006520)
Posted by dryxler on January 24th, 2019 @ 3:04am CST
I snagged him at a con when he was first released. He is awesome. The shellformer thing is kind of annoying, but he’s one of my favorite versions of Prime. He looks great. I recommend checking into the other Japanese Beast Wars. Lots of unique and cool animals.
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006522)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on January 24th, 2019 @ 3:49am CST
This guy (or at least his Nemesis Prime re-color) might be hands down my favorite beast-era mold. The beast kibble really feels like mostly armor, besides the BFG, and that can either be back mounted or held it one hand, *that* kibble kind of folds up into a blast shield.

I'm actually kicking myself for not getting the club Ultra Mammoth when it went on sale at resellers.
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006573)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2019 @ 12:09pm CST
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006612)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on January 24th, 2019 @ 2:41pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:He's a total brick in Beast Mode, but so too were many of the non-Transmetal/non-Fuzor Beast Wars toys, and his Robot Mode is just awesome. I can hardly wait to finally see this guy in action when Beast Wars Neo gets its fansubbed release later this year.

That’s true, at least his trunk/tusks has a play feature? But mammoth mode *not* the mode mine spent most of his time in.

I think one thing that was cool about him (Nemesis) at least.... was with that big chunky Mammoth brick.... you could see him stopping bots in tracks, or flipping/impaling them on the tusks.

If I had to with “semi truck” mammoth would have been the first alternative. (Unless someone really wants a blue whale Transformer)
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2006763)
Posted by Skritz on January 25th, 2019 @ 4:50pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:He's a total brick in Beast Mode

Mammoths weren't known for their articulation anyway. :lol:
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2007197)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 28th, 2019 @ 5:47pm CST
So excited for this guy! The Beast Binge has been real
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2008372)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 5th, 2019 @ 11:17pm CST
Fellow Seibertronians, do you love some Japan exclusive Beast Wars toys? Have you been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Takara Tomy's latest in their "Encore" line of Transformers, Big Convoy, the Maximal leader from Beast Wars Neo? Our own D-Maximal_Primal has brought us news of a video review of this highly anticipated release, courtesy of YouTube user Primal Sabbath. The review goes over the packaging for this Encore release, the transformation, the accessories, as well as the new paint details that make this a much more screen accurate version of Big Convoy. You want comparisons? How about FOUR of them? In the video, we get to see the new Encore Big Convoy compared to the Korean release of the original Big Convoy figure from 1999, Black Big Convoy from Takara Tomy, Nemesis Prime from Transformers Universe 2003/4, and even Ultra Mammoth from the inaugural year of the Transformers Collectors Club Subscription Service! Take a look at the video below.

What do you think of Encore Big Convoy? Is this the ultimate version of this Takara Tomy original mold? Will you be picking one up for yourself for the first time, or perhaps upgrading from your original version with this more anime-accurate paint job? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2008375)
Posted by Emerje on February 5th, 2019 @ 11:31pm CST
Picking mine up from the post office Wednesday.

Emerje
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2008606)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 6th, 2019 @ 5:44pm CST
Really excited for mine! I'm really stoked to get to experience this mold after hearing a ton of good stuff about it over the past few months
Re: Take a look at new stock images of Encore Big Convoy in package (2008771)
Posted by Coptur on February 7th, 2019 @ 10:13am CST
I've never owned a Big Convoy but I've always liked the mould.

it's amazing how well some of the Beast Wars era toys still stand up to today's standards.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY