Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK

Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK

Friday, July 29th, 2011 3:08pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 54,560

Seibertron.com member waaaaghlord has just told us that he found three of the Target exclusive Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe figures at his local Tesco. While he did not find Space Case personally, it has also been sighted.
This wave of Deluxes consists of smoky translucent repaints:
  • Arcee
  • Bumblebee
  • Jazz
  • Space Case (new character, repainted/remolded from HTFD Terradive)
So if you're in the UK and you want any of these, well then head out to your nearest Tesco!
As a special note, the figures are on European multi-language cards, so if you're European and don't live in the UK, there is a good chance of them coming out in a store near you eventually.

Credit(s): waaaaghlord

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 30th, 2011 3:46am CDT

Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268329)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 29th, 2011 @ 3:19pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Awesome, I might pick up Space Case.

Also, see you at AA Gav?

If my numbers come up on the lottery this week. It's been a tight few months with Gen being out of work for a bit. Things are definitely looking up but a con would be stretching the budget a bit too much at the minute.
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268332)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 29th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Awesome, I might pick up Space Case.

Also, see you at AA Gav?

Oh Ok, I hope all goes well. By the way, did you get your package last year?
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268339)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 29th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:By the way, did you get your package last year?

Packages surely? Yes I did, can't believe I forgot to say thank you. Also your news post is slightly inaccurate. I haven't had an 'eyes on' of Spacecase yet, someone beat me to him but I've got one coming anyway. Does anyone have anything good to say about the Bumblebee and Arcee in this assortment? I was going to pass, but if I can get my hands on the full set I might just go for it. Semi-clear Jazz is kind of funky.
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268438)
Posted by tmk9883 on July 29th, 2011 @ 6:14pm CDT
The semi-transparent pink on Arcee looks pretty cool. I have yet to open it, but the only downside visually is the completely white side car.

I passed on both Bumble and Jazz. Both looked pretty weak in person.

Space Case is a definite snag. The colors look great together and really pop.
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268643)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 30th, 2011 @ 3:29am CDT
Just a quick note on the packaging on these. They're on European multi launguage cards with the pack in comics being multi language also. Not sure if any mainland European retailers are going to pick up the exclusives but it looks like Hasbro is covered for the eventuality.

Broke on 'Bee and Arcee. Loving the pearl plastic.
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268646)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 30th, 2011 @ 3:42am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:By the way, did you get your package last year?

I'm editing it right now.
Also, good to hear it arrived, that poster is mesmerising isn't it? 8-}
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268685)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 30th, 2011 @ 7:31am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Ugh, where's that sneaky Brit when you need him... I still owe him something ;;) I want that Space Case.

I'm still here, consider my eyes peeled for you.

Is this one still only one per case?

EDIT:
I have just returned from Tesco and can confirm that the case assortment appears to be identical to the US one;

4 x Bumblebee, 2 x Arcee, 1 x Jazz and 1 x Space Case.

The retailer carton they come in is marked up as "TRMV3 Deluxe Excv" or something similar, so it would hazard a guess only Tesco will be carrying these.

DM, don't know if it's worth updating the front page?

Jelze, PM incoming..... :P
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268757)
Posted by starscream7676 on July 30th, 2011 @ 11:30am CDT
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268769)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 30th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
starscream7676 wrote:Ihavnt seen these yet, but i did see the "trans scan" series at TRU the other day (hidden behind some rotf wave 1). I also saw the cyberverse wave 2 commanders(ironhide,sentinal, and blackout), so i think the UK is actualy getting new stuff now ^_^

I saw the Transcan stuff too, but only Ironhide and S'swipe.

They had unfortunatley been put out with the rest of the deluxes, with no menyion of being TRU exclusive or any sort of sub-series.
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268777)
Posted by mustanguk on July 30th, 2011 @ 12:18pm CDT
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268789)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 30th, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
Just back from York and the larger Tesco there had the exclusive Starscream and Ratchet voyagers marked at an introductory price of £19.99. Might be larger stores only for these guys. Didn't buy them but checked the back of the boxes and again they're in Euro style packaging (rather than US boxes with a CE sticker).

Also Tesco have their DotM leaders marked down to £34.99, beating TRU's £39.99.

mustanguk wrote:Have you seen that Sainsburys have got the Wallmart exclusive Bumblebee and Sideswipe?

Yeah, these have been out for a while, I think that release is fairly well known. I picked up the Sidearm 'Swipe repaint the other week and it's pretty sweet.

Pretender Skywarp wrote:

I saw the Transcan stuff too, but only Ironhide and S'swipe.

Spotted these today as well. York TRU had them on a separate shelf tag to the rest of the DotM deluxes. Again just 'Swipe and Ironhide, might get the rest later I suppose.
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1268838)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 30th, 2011 @ 2:45pm CDT
I don't think it should be too surprising that those exclusives pop up in the UK, as some of the chains there are owned by the same companies that own the likes of Walmart and Target.

Pretender Skywarp wrote:Jelze, PM incoming..... :P

:D
Re: Target exclusive DOTM Deluxes released in UK (1269169)
Posted by leokearon on July 31st, 2011 @ 11:53am CDT
Just seen Space Case and co here in Ireland.

I picked up Space Case right there and then

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime (Maximus) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Blackjack and Hyperdrive MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class - Bombshell Lot" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME RATCHET Shattered Glass Transformers War for Cybertron WFCGS-17" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Seacon Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon in USA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Deluxe Cyclonus - Great Condition" on EBAY