TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder

TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder

Thursday, November 13th, 2008 2:20am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 17,127

Target Stores has just informed us that it's website now has preorder listing for the two new Transformer Universe 2.0 Two Packs available. These exclusives include a comic with the figures that shows the rivalry between the Autobot/ Decepticon combo and have a price point of $29.99 USD. According to the checkout process, these items can ship as early as November 17th, 2008.

Up for preorder are:

Roadbuster Vs.Dirge
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

and Springer Vs. Ratbat
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): Target.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 2:24am CST

Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833197)
Posted by Sunstar on November 13th, 2008 @ 4:25am CST
these are exclusive?

I had no idea, they're released at canadian Zellers already. if I had the $$ and didn't spend it all on aquarium stuff, I'd have bought some. 39.99 I think.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833210)
Posted by Psychout on November 13th, 2008 @ 5:52am CST
What happened to springer being a Triplechanger then?
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833237)
Posted by Hoistimus on November 13th, 2008 @ 7:10am CST
Yeah, these have been sitting and warming the Zellers shelves for the past few weeks. Since I can't afford to get very many TFs I have not yet picked them up and our Zellers doesn't have layaway or I'd be using it once in a while.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833246)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 13th, 2008 @ 7:54am CST
Mine are scheduled to ship on the 14th, for delivery between the 19th and 21st. I hope I get them by then as I'm going away the 23rd-29th.

Don't forget that there's a $5 off $50 that almost covers the cost of shipping!
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833249)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 13th, 2008 @ 7:56am CST
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833254)
Posted by Diem on November 13th, 2008 @ 8:11am CST
Prime Evil wrote:Is it me, or are these guys extremely lacking some paint apps? I'm not getting the urge to buy these guys as much now...
They do look a little...sparse, don't they.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833257)
Posted by DoubleOScorpio on November 13th, 2008 @ 8:20am CST
Diem wrote:
They do look a little...sparse, don't they.

I hate to say it, but that leaves less likelihood for wonky paint apps and me spending time wading through seas of crappy ones trying to find a set with two figures sporting good paint. I'm looking at you, Legacy of Bumblebee set!
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833259)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 13th, 2008 @ 8:22am CST

Yup. Especially Dirge and Roadbuster. And besides Ratbat being pink, it's also less detailed then Sideways was. I do like the paint job on Springer, though. If I hadn't bought the red Blades recently, I'd be tempted to get that set.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833269)
Posted by Metroplex79 on November 13th, 2008 @ 9:06am CST
I got my Roadbuster/Dirge set already.

I got a question that I couldn't find the answer to...

Mine did not come with a comic. It was definitely sealed and untampered with. So did I get bad Hasbro quality control or do the Canadian ones don't come with the comic?

It's not a big deal, but I thought the comic was a nice bonus to have.

The only issue is that I would have preferred a re-molded head for Roadbuster.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833271)
Posted by Sunstar on November 13th, 2008 @ 9:24am CST
That must be the "exclusive" nature of the target ones. comes with a comic.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833363)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 13th, 2008 @ 1:24pm CST
For those having problems getting the $5 off $50:

It's odd, in that it wasn't a traditional coupon code, but a URL.

I went to this site:

Look about a 1/3 of the way down the page and you'll see a $5 off $50 link for Toys. Disable your popup blocker if you have one, then click it. It redirects to target.com, with the code already applied. If you close your browser you'll have to follow that link again.

Hope this helps!
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833389)
Posted by rpetras on November 13th, 2008 @ 2:09pm CST
I really want Dirge, but at $30 + shipping I'll try and find them in store.

My Target's been really good with their TF exclusives.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833477)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 13th, 2008 @ 4:13pm CST
Dang. I think I have to get that first one, my hot shot is beat up from playing, and I would love another starscream mold.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833510)
Posted by RiddlerJ on November 13th, 2008 @ 5:23pm CST
Grrr. I told myself I wasn't buying anymore Transformers but I just might have to grab both of these. Simply because I wanted a version of these molds for a long time. Especially the Roadbuster and Dirge.
Springer is a meh for me but I always liked Ratbat. This is why I held off buying Universe Blades
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833686)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on November 13th, 2008 @ 11:04pm CST
Ordered!

Can't wait for these to arrive! And with the $5 coupon, I'm paying less than $2 more than I would in the store.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833701)
Posted by Nickolai on November 13th, 2008 @ 11:42pm CST
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833705)
Posted by JazZeke on November 13th, 2008 @ 11:53pm CST
Aren't these guys supposed to be only $20 in stores? I'm really torn between risking missing it or paying an extra fifteen bucks to make sure I get them.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833811)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 14th, 2008 @ 7:06am CST
Nickolai wrote:For those wondering whether or not to get these, a caveat - sure, they are great molds, all four of them in their original incarnations easily make my top 10 Cybertron figures list. But these two-packs have the worst qc I've seen in a new release in a while. Everyone I know has at least one or two problems with the figs fresh out of the box.

I'm curious as to what QC these have. Can you tell us?

I might have to do some panel lines just to get some detail outta these guys.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833815)
Posted by Nickolai on November 14th, 2008 @ 7:26am CST
Prime Evil wrote:
I'm curious as to what QC these have. Can you tell us?

I might have to do some panel lines just to get some detail outta these guys.

I think I posted my own toys' flaws in another thread, but can't find it. Anyway, ALL of them have issues with their Key gimmicks. You really have to shove the key in hard to get it to work, and Roadbuster and Dirge's powers only half-open. My Rtbat had awful, Prowl-level paint and his shoulder was extremely loose. The hinge wouldn't even stay together while wasn't holding anything, much less one of his wings. Springer's shoulder joint, on the other hand, was practically superglued together. I couldn't transform him to copter without sticking something in the hinge and forcefully prying it apart, which is a NUH-UH for me. My friend reported that his Springer had either an unpainted/missing/broken eye and loose as hell joints. The gun mount on Roadbuster's back is made of soft, about-to-break plastic.

I have heard other comments from people I don't know, but I don't believe in spreading hearsay unless I personally know who it's from.
Re: TARGET Exclusive Two Packs now up for preorder (833827)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 14th, 2008 @ 7:56am CST
Nickolai wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:
I'm curious as to what QC these have. Can you tell us?

I might have to do some panel lines just to get some detail outta these guys.

Wow. Thanks for that info. I didn't even know it was THAT bad. I was thinking a lil paint drop here and there, but some of those claims are really poor for Hasbro. Now I really wonder if I should even bother now. I don't want to pay $30-$60 for toys that are poorly done. I'm glad that I didn't get Henkei SW n TC cause of the QC I keep on hearing.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Brushfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY