TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom

TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom

Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 3:30pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 23,268

According to site sponsor RobotKingdom.com, after several months of delays, it appears that third party toy maker TAW (The Another War) has finally released their three God Sword sets for the Classics/Henkei line. The three versions, colored for Henkei/Classics Convoy-Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Nemesis Prime, all include the larger God Sword that breaks down to form a smaller sword, a shield, and a winged jet pack. The RobotKingdom.com site also has updated images of the packaging for each set along with the box art.

The images below are for the Nemesis Prime set, in black, silver, and red.

TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom

TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom

Please keep in mind that this set is from a third party toy maker and is not an officially licensed Hasbro or Takara product.

The three sets can be viewed at the links below.

TAW-01, Classics/Henkei Convoy-Prime Colors
http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/ ... 01&lang=us

TAW-01, Ultra Magnus Colors
http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/ ... 1S&lang=us

TAW-01, Nemesis Prime Colors
http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/ ... 1B&lang=us

Credit(s): TAW, RobotKingdom.com

Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002078)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 3:48pm CDT
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002101)
Posted by Narc on September 23rd, 2009 @ 4:12pm CDT
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002136)
Posted by Mkall on September 23rd, 2009 @ 4:46pm CDT
Narc wrote:Got my shipping confirmation from them last night. I look forward to getting them soon.

Let us know how they are please. If the quality is top-notch, I MAY consider getting one at some point
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002245)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 23rd, 2009 @ 7:39pm CDT
That thing looks magnificant, might srly consider getting these.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002248)
Posted by mesh on September 23rd, 2009 @ 7:43pm CDT
$50???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice but not worth the price
i'd rather spend that money on buying a transformer, a video game, or better still----dinner for the family.

honestly, some of these prices from 3rd party manufactures are just absolutely ridiculous.

nice but not worth it

$50 + shipping + taxes ------> that's almost $65-70. not to mention that some people get charged on duties when it's delivered to the house.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002270)
Posted by Forgotten on September 23rd, 2009 @ 8:11pm CDT
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002310)
Posted by Convotron on September 23rd, 2009 @ 9:08pm CDT

True but the same could be said of most accessory sets these days. Many figures that have 3rd party accessories are worth less than the accessories, hehe. But some of them are well worth it for me like the City Commander variations and the Aerial Team Appendage Kit.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002398)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 23rd, 2009 @ 11:31pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:I like it, I just don't like that it's going to cost me more than my Nemesis Prime that's gonna hold it did. But I suppose it's worth it to give Shadow Commander some more armorments.

Yea, but he'll look sexy with it.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002492)
Posted by Talous on September 24th, 2009 @ 3:42am CDT
Sweet Jeabus the Magnus version looks sweet.. I just can't swing $50+ shipping for a toy right now.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002588)
Posted by rpetras on September 24th, 2009 @ 9:19am CDT
I'm holding out for these to go on sale.

I like them, but $50 is just out of the range of sanity to me.

These are $15 items, maybe $20 TOPS.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002673)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 24th, 2009 @ 12:01pm CDT
rpetras wrote:I'm holding out for these to go on sale.

I like them, but $50 is just out of the range of sanity to me.

These are $15 items, maybe $20 TOPS.

Agreed-I might even pay thirty but the US vendors want 65-70 which is crazy talk.

Plus, I just measured and at 38cm, it's too tall for my shelving as things are displayed now.

This is a sale item pick-up for sure.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002700)
Posted by Convotron on September 24th, 2009 @ 12:28pm CDT
I'm very curious about the quality of the materials and construction. I can't wait for reviews of this product to be posted somewhere.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002707)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 24th, 2009 @ 12:37pm CDT
I am so getting this for Cerebros.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002740)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 24th, 2009 @ 1:26pm CDT
I really do not believe the cost is justified here.

I think that when this was announced and priced, it was at the height of 3rd party popularity and the makers of this set are really looking to cash in as th $60-80 price tag was where people seemed to be comfortable paying when they were really into something.

I think the makers on this were looking for carry-over hype.

It's too much, even considering I want a matrix blade for Omega Prime.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002756)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 24th, 2009 @ 1:58pm CDT
I would be all over this if it was at least $20 cheaper. As it is, hell no. I'll wait for a clearance, if it ever happens.

CP, you're a mod now? When did that happen? Maybe I wasn't paying attention. Congrats on your promotion! ;)
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1002788)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 24th, 2009 @ 2:54pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I really do not believe the cost is justified here.

I think the makers on this were looking for carry-over hype.

It's too much, even considering I want a matrix blade for Omega Prime.

I think you've hit the nail right on the head. Given that the FP Superion kit is 45 and this isn't even in that league, 30-40 should have been the absolute top price. They would sell a bunch at that price.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1003127)
Posted by Munchlax on September 25th, 2009 @ 2:15am CDT
Convotron wrote:Sweetness. I love the design but I don't love the price...but it would go so well with Omega Prime/God Fire Convoy. The God Sword would probably be cheaper than a Matrix Blade/Super God Sword these days, though.

This is like the only reason why I'm even considering it. Can Omega Prime even hold it?
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1003203)
Posted by Convotron on September 25th, 2009 @ 8:33am CDT
Munchlax wrote:

I think Omega Prime should be able to hold it seeing as any of the City Commander sets can. I think the TAW-01 God Sword is close in scale to the Matrix Blade/Super God Sword. One thing I like about the TAW-01 is that it's a modular accessory that can do more than just serve as a crazy huge sword for display. It also looks to not have the floppy handle issue the Matrix Blade had.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1003382)
Posted by Munchlax on September 25th, 2009 @ 4:31pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Munchlax wrote:

well see, Omega Prime doesn't have a firm hand, he has a gundam closing hand. That might cause a problem. I don't wanna buy it for Omega Prime, and then find out he can't even hold it.
Re: TAW-01 God Sword Now Available At Robot Kingdom (1003396)
Posted by Convotron on September 25th, 2009 @ 4:57pm CDT
Oh, I thought you meant about the size of Omega Prime! Yeah, due to the articulated hands, Omega Prime may not be able to hold the God Sword well if it's too heavy.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Transformers G1 Vintage Headmaster Scorponok - Helmet for Lord Zarak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY