Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign

Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign

Monday, May 9th, 2016 6:33am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,583

We have another teaser from TFYuki concerning the Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors line, with another figure/figures combination we have already seen with Hasbro - Sky Reign! The teaser mirrored below also give a vague idea of the limbs that will accompany the set, if you can make them out from the silhouette. Check it out!

Transformers News: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1787994)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 9th, 2016 @ 6:36am CDT
Oh come on! Now I'm gonna have to get this too!
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1787996)
Posted by Insurgent on May 9th, 2016 @ 6:40am CDT
One imagines it will be the same limbs as his hasbro counterparts. Like all the others were. Cycoluns being a completely bizarre exception, but then again, his hasbro limb wave was the Protectobots.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788003)
Posted by steals_your_goats on May 9th, 2016 @ 7:50am CDT
I would like to point out that it seems like sky reign is using the first aid mold instead of streetwise. Calling it now, instead of smokescreen the fourth member is ratchet.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788005)
Posted by Powered Convoy on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:02am CDT
Yup that's definitely the ambulance instead of the Streetwise mold.

Now the question is if it's all the same guys with Ratchet replacing Smokescreen or if we'll get Hoist instead of Trailbreaker or not?

Randy
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788011)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:19am CDT
If Hoist and Ratchet are part of this, then I suppose I have so choice but to get him...
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788014)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:26am CDT
Looks like the limbs could be Ratchet, Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, and Hound, who all have headsculpts (and in Trailbreaker's case, arm tooling) that Japan has yet to get.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788016)
Posted by Insurgent on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:31am CDT
Would that not be Trailbreaker? And Smokescreen being the left arm?
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788017)
Posted by steals_your_goats on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:33am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Would that not be Trailbreaker? And Smokescreen being the left arm?

Right arm is hound
Left arm is Wheeljack
Right leg is the first aid mold
Left leg is Trailbreaker
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788020)
Posted by Insurgent on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:36am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:

Right arm is hound
Left arm is Wheeljack
Right leg is the first aid mold
Left leg is Trailbreaker

Oh ok.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788021)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:38am CDT
Just when you think you've seen everything and ya think Takara won't do sky reign, they pull off this. I am surprised with the replacement of Smokescreen for someone else, but hey, trust Unite Warriors. These random ones have proven to be cool :MAXIMAL:
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788023)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:49am CDT
Kurona wrote:"I really wish I could get _____ without getting the whole set" has been my motto for this entire line ;;

You arent the only one, I think this is shared by many.

Sabrblade wrote:You know, all previous images of UW Blast Off made his brown look like copper, but the lighting in these pics makes it look downright orange.

I thought it looked super orange from the first coloured promo shots. And I think it looks so bad that I actually went up and got Hasbro's Blastof instead. I do hae how lazy it is but the robot mode looked superior in colours and aesthetic that I had to give them some credit.

Sowndwave76 wrote:Just my opinion, but TT wins with all the combiners in this line;
Hasbro's Defensor and Superion are good, but I wouldn't say they're better than TT's versions.

TT wins with some but for many its just a matter of what you are looking for. Here's what I got:

UW Superion: the difference in paint for the torso and silverbolt emphasises the new transformation and the sculpting. The use of gold is really nice too along with the white hands and feet and the deco for the jet modes are icer with the elongated paint apps on the wings. Plus at the time I didnt know I could get Slingshot later ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hasbro Menasor: I simply preferred having all different vehicles. Dragstrip is my favourite in this set and I adore the Hasbro deco. But it being such a distinctly different vehicle, I thought having 2 clon molds to be more jrring than havinga bunch of different ones, so I opted to have Offraod as part of the team. Its my favourite mold for a leg. He replaces Dead End (I got Wildrider) who doesnt have the right alt mode anyway.

Hasbro Defensor: I wasnt gonna pay extra for false exclusivity. And knowing that we would get the groove mold eventually, I just waited. A year later, its gonna pay off :DANCE:

UW Computron: He didnt come out yet but I am listig them in the order i paid for them and I paid for him already to get the best discount. Takara put so much freaken love in this guy that I just HAD to get him. The retooling on the combiner chest is phenominal and the different headsculpt makes it so that this looks like a totally different combiner than Superion even though they share a similar torso. Not too fond of that Lightspeed mold but the rest look phenominal, especially Strafe and Nosecone.

Hasbro Bruticus: Both dissapoint me. For such a beloved and awesome combiner, both companies dissapointed me in their release. UW is just too cartoon accurate in its colouring, except for Blast Off which is the biggest difference between sets, like WTF?! And Hasbro is just lazy with their Blatoff and some of their colouring choices are just weird. I would be stuck withe the subpar Brawl nomatter which version I get. But in the end, Hasbro's was so cheap (only 60$ USD for the whole combiner at TRU) that I just went for it. Blastoff's colours look better and I much preffe the colours on the combienr torso and Onsluught. There's too much blue on the Takara one, it doesnt make him look as much like a badass.

So here you go, my reasoning for the ones I went for.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788024)
Posted by Randomhero on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:49am CDT
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788025)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2016 @ 8:52am CDT
Randomhero wrote:Be really cool if the limbs were 4 members of the throttlebots. Thatd make a neat set.

I thought the turbomasters and predatorswere a cool idea too, but Japan never got them (right?) so it would be odd if they did those.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788031)
Posted by Randomhero on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I was even thinking we could get some characters like the grand Galvatron set. I know everyone is saying ratchet but what if we got Unicom trilogy First Aid or out of the Wheeljack/breakdown mold we get Unicom trilogy hotshot or use wheeljacks mold and get cybertron downshift. It's all up to it Takara wants to get crazy like they did with grand Galvatron
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788034)
Posted by o.supreme on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:27am CDT
Thank goodness. I was beginning to wonder if UW was going to use the Sky Lynx mold or not. I hope it is just Sky Reign under a different name (or heck...they might use Sky Rein who knows?). Even if the name is different , as long as the toys are mostly the same and not excessively different (ala Computron) then I wont have to break my wallet trying to get both.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788038)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:41am CDT
Here's the twist of craziness with this set: It's a Shattered Glass set. :P

Mostly the same colors w/ more blue for Sky Lynx

Slicer-colored Wheeljack

Blue Trailbreaker

White/teal/black Ratchet

Gray and orange Hound

8-}
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788039)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:41am CDT
oooh. I wonder who they will be...Im hoping new characters like Grand Galvatron
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788040)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:oooh. I wonder who they will be...Im hoping new characters like Grand Galvatron
It's most likely to be Sky Lynx, Hound, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, and Ratchet since they're all retools that Japan hasn't gotten yet.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788042)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:48am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Is there any word on when this is?

And as far as UW vs CW I'm just happy with with CW until I see something truly unique. I think Computron from UW has my money because it truly stands out from "Betatron" but the CW version seems like a decent alternative.
Re: Teaser Image - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors Sky Reign (1788043)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 9th, 2016 @ 9:53am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah I figured. And that's cool. But I like your idea about SG decos. Man I would get that.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Smokescreen Action Figure (" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY