TF Animated available at retail in Ontario!

TF Animated available at retail in Ontario!

Saturday, April 12th, 2008 4:29pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors, Sightings, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 50,683

Our friends in Ontario seem to be as lucky as our friends in the Cincinatti, OH area...

According to member Magnimus:

"Following a post made by RandomFerret at TFworld2005 about TF Animated deluxes spotted at an Ontario, Canada Wal-Mart, I followed up on the posting and went to that location, the Eastgate Mall in Hamilton, Ontario. Lo and behold, I too found the first wave of deluxe figures (Bumblebee, Lockdown, Prowl, and Cybertron Optimus) for sale on the pegs. I bought them.

Here's a picture of my receipt (personal info removed) and a picture of my haul. More pictures forthcoming as I open up these badboys."

So Canadian toy hunting transfans, you may want to take a trip to your local Walmart, especially if you live near Hamilton, Ontario!

And the rest of us will wait impatiently and jealously as you get yours first! Congratulations! You can view the Seibertron galleries of the first few waves of Transformers Animated figures here to get yourself motivated!

Credit(s): Magnimus

Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679057)
Posted by shortround on April 12th, 2008 @ 4:58pm CDT
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679071)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 12th, 2008 @ 5:24pm CDT
What the...

I could see Cincinnati, but Ontario? Really?

And Shortround, no one's denying the fact that your information might be correct. We're just used to not having things go our way when it comes to the release of figures.

Time frames get moved up, pushed back, locations change, etc.

Still...until I see concrete proof that it's going to be more than just these two metro areas...I'm not wasting gas, money or time.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679080)
Posted by GetterDragun on April 12th, 2008 @ 5:33pm CDT
shortround wrote:I told you guys that they would be out at the end of april here in the state since reset is either the week of april 13th or april 18th depending on what part of the states you live in so keep your eyes out for animated figures.

Just like the post about the commercial you saw for them.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679096)
Posted by MaP_Prime on April 12th, 2008 @ 6:08pm CDT
So is this some sort of testing release or is this actual release? Like is this the beginning of the Animated toy line showing up in NA?
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679098)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on April 12th, 2008 @ 6:10pm CDT
Thats so unfair....
Damn those canadians!
LOL, just kidding, you guys are awesome.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679109)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 12th, 2008 @ 6:24pm CDT
Satan's Camaro wrote:Thats so unfair....
Damn those canadians!
LOL, just kidding, you guys are awesome.

I know we are 8)

Either way, congrats man. I also called an early release on these and Universe. We may not have Universe yet, but I'm willing to bet we see them on the shelves before June. Remember, release dates aren't set in stone.

Congrats Magnimus! Has anyone seen them in Mississauga?

Hey Autobot032, what's so brow raising about Animated figures showing up here instead of your back yard?
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679112)
Posted by TFBuyer on April 12th, 2008 @ 6:33pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:

Just like the post about the commercial you saw for them.

Thank you. :lol:
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679127)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 12th, 2008 @ 6:54pm CDT
TFBuyer wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

Just like the post about the commercial you saw for them.

Thank you. :lol:

I miss something here?
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679129)
Posted by GreenLantern of Cybertron on April 12th, 2008 @ 6:58pm CDT
I should go and look if they are here in markham.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679137)
Posted by botcon on April 12th, 2008 @ 7:15pm CDT
Yes no i don't have to wait till June :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :grin:
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679144)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 12th, 2008 @ 7:22pm CDT
GreenLantern of Cybertron wrote:I should go and look if they are here in markham.

I'm working at the Toronto ComicCon tomorrow. I'll be the guys from Cybertron.ca will be selling some.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679200)
Posted by TFBuyer on April 12th, 2008 @ 9:45pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:I miss something here?

Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679202)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 12th, 2008 @ 9:49pm CDT
GetterDragun wrote:

Just like the post about the commercial you saw for them.

-_-...and this is why people don't have respect for the mods and admins anymore. They're not given a reason to.

Don't you think a comment like this could've been handled better via PM, IM, or email?

Down_Shift wrote:
Satan's Camaro wrote:Thats so unfair....
Damn those canadians!
LOL, just kidding, you guys are awesome.

I know we are 8)

Congrats Magnimus! Has anyone seen them in Mississauga?

Actually, I don't care that you guys are getting the figures, in fact, more power to ya.

I just can't understand why Cinci and Ontario were picked out of all the places to do this test marketing thing.

I could see LA or Chicago or NYC. I understand (though I think it's a bad move, considering they'll all be hocked left and right...) that Cinci is where BotCon will be this year, but I'm guessing the Canadian release us because of Toronto and it's metro area.

That's just a guess though...still, I can't figure this out. I consider it to be dumb. Either release them or don't, but figure out a plan and stick with it Hasbro! It's hard enough keeping up with the show!

TFBuyer wrote:Just found Getter's post humorous--shortround is forever letting us know release dates based on not-so-confirmed information... Ironic that he seems to have some validation now. Although, Canada isn't the states...

Validation or not, idiotic posts or not, it's not Getter's place to put him in the spot light like that. Let Shortround succeed or fail on his own merits, not with the help of those who are supposed to help us.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679221)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 12th, 2008 @ 10:26pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Gigantic post

Don't let my last post confuse, I read it after and it came off a little rude. Normally the GTA gets new anything first, not just Transformers. It's a proven and invaluable test market. Besides, we have a Hasbro in our back yard. Too tell you the truth, I don't see this as a "test market" thing. I think it's just a normal release. Like any new line it will take a little while to spread out.

When Hasbro Canada orders it's figures from Takara they forcast higher then the states. To be honest I forget why, but I talked to a rep from Hasbro Canada a few months back and she was giving me that line. She was pretty hot, so I wasn't fully paying attention. I know it will come to me later when I'm not exhausted. :P

Ohio makes sense because Botcon will be there and that will boost the economy purely out of everyone attending botcon hitting up every Wal-mart, Target and TRU in the area.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679223)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 12th, 2008 @ 10:27pm CDT
TFBuyer wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:I miss something here?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Jokes. He he he, I get jokes.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679224)
Posted by Nekoman on April 12th, 2008 @ 10:29pm CDT

Autobot032 wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

Just like the post about the commercial you saw for them.

I actually respect most of the mods here, GetterDragun never told me not to post my honest opinion about Animated.

Actually, I’ve found that sometimes, its hard to respect a lot of people here because they them selves are so disrespectful. I’m tired of being told to quit watching TFA because I don’t like it. When people tell me “if you don’t like the show, don’t watch it.” I find that disrespectful.

There are a LOT of people here who aren’t moderators and are quite disrespectful. I have some names in mind, but for the sake of not being a jerk I wont name them.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679232)
Posted by shortround on April 12th, 2008 @ 10:48pm CDT
Whatever I was wrong about the comerical it turned out to be an add for t.v. show that direct t.v. was sponcering don't know why. But as far as the reset goes all you had to do was search the G.I. Joe fans Unite--25th anniversary fig talk and More! in general discussion there was a guy who works at target that said that the reset in his area was taking place the week of the 13th and I talked to a person that works at the target near me that said the reset was the week of the 18th for my area and more important I asked about transformers animated and she confirmed that they were in the computer and would be put out during or shortly after the reset and there is further proof just look at the topic tf animated toy now up for preorder at amazon.com or something like that and there shipping date is may 1st.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679362)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 13th, 2008 @ 7:37am CDT
Nekoman wrote:I love how one person finds them in Ontario and the toys are out in every single crevice of the world. 8-|

Actually it is two people in this Canadian area now, but yes, the rest of us can take it with a grain of salt. It is news though, and the people need to know. :D
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679379)
Posted by Magnimus on April 13th, 2008 @ 8:09am CDT
I am not the only one to find these. RandomFerrett was the first, but since then other members on the TFW2005 boards in Hamilton have snagged them too.

I also am a bit perplexed as to why the Eastgate Mall in Hamilton, Ontario even has these. I'm inclined to believe that it is come kind of mistake and the store put these figures out as part of regular TF toy restocking, unaware that they are not widely available. I'd go back to see if they restocked (thereby indicating they have more than a few cases of toys), but that Wal-Mart is a little out of the way. I'll check the other Wal-Marts in town and see if they have them too to determine if the appearance of TFA deluxes at Eastgate are a one-time fluke.
Re: TF Animated available at retail in Ontario! (679423)
Posted by Defcon! on April 13th, 2008 @ 10:03am CDT
Awesome! Sucks we don't have them here yet i can't wait to get them!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS - Playskool Heroes RESCUE BOTS - Rescan EVIL MORBOT - 2017 B" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY