TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors

TF Animated Toys:  Class size and name rumors

Thursday, April 10th, 2008 11:51am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: Counterpunch   Views: 31,910

From http://pic.tf08.net/

We've got a bit of new information pertaining to official names and size class designations for Transformers Animated releases. This could easily all still be up for change until an official word from Hasbro or a distributor comes around.

Ultimate:
Omega Supreme

Leader:
Ultra Magnus

Voyager:
Sentinel Prime
Wreck-Gar

Deluxe:
Snarl
Swoop
Blurr
Blitzwing
Scavenger
Mixmaster

You can join the two threads already with discussion about these rumors, here, and here.

Credit(s): Omega Charge, Thinktank

Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677014)
Posted by Overcracker on April 10th, 2008 @ 11:55am CDT
I was hoping Blitzwing would be a Voyager considering he's a triple changer and is supposed to have the face gimmick. But I guess its not to be. I just hope the actual figure works out the 3 modes nicely and the 3 face gimmick is at least passable.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677024)
Posted by Firebird on April 10th, 2008 @ 12:07pm CDT
I'm kinda glad that Blitzwing is deluxe size. Lugnut doesn't look too tall and hopefully the two will be roughly the same size in robot mode.

Besides Astrotrain and Octane are deluxe sized too.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677035)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 10th, 2008 @ 12:21pm CDT
if they're having trouble fitting all the triple changing and face changing gimmicks into a deluxe Blitzwing, good luck coming up with the 'activator' version.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677039)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 10th, 2008 @ 12:26pm CDT
astig wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:
astig wrote:Cool! finally an ULTRA MAGNUS toy that's not a white prime!
Ultimate class! I would really like to see what omega supreme looks like! :grin:
I am willing to bet we alreaddy know what OS's alt mode looks like, so we can probably extrapolate his robot mode from that (what object in the series has his same color scheme? hint hint).

:shock: is it their space shuttle the ARK??? transformed by the Allspark key??? if that's true, that would be cool!!! :APPLAUSE: :grin:

I had been thinking that myself. Hey the Ark looks a little like Omega Supreme.

:-B
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677077)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 10th, 2008 @ 1:05pm CDT
All good news... Man, those of us who are interested in this line are going to be spending a ton of $$$.

Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677118)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 10th, 2008 @ 1:41pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:I really wish they were making all of the Constructicons, just because other than Soundwave, they're my favorite Decepticon characters.

Yeah, I hope they are.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677191)
Posted by Andrew 423 on April 10th, 2008 @ 2:52pm CDT
B-) Awesome i cant wait to get ultra magnus and omega supreme
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677239)
Posted by Geekee1 on April 10th, 2008 @ 3:25pm CDT
Blitzwing as a deluxe may end up working out like Lockdown. Lockdown is really tall when he is transformed into robot mode.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677241)
Posted by cybertronianjedi on April 10th, 2008 @ 3:26pm CDT
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677263)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 10th, 2008 @ 3:45pm CDT
I'm still cautiously optimistic on that one. They only list 2 waves of deluxes. The rest of the constructicons could be spread across subsequent waves.

I remember collecting G1 in the eighties, I remember usually seeing two, three at most separate constructicons for sale at any one time.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677264)
Posted by Hard Hacker on April 10th, 2008 @ 3:46pm CDT
cybertronianjedi wrote:every thing seems reasonable EXCEPT THE FACT THAT THE CONSTRUCTICONS ARE ONLY TO BOTS THAT I ASSUME THEY DONT COMBINE INTO DEVASTATOR!!!!!!RAWR

They only did that in G1. There's no cosmic law dictating that all Constructicons have to merge into Devastator. Animated is not G1, it has a totally different ethic and style to it. They might even have a robot called Devastator as a wrecking ball crane as a member of the sub-group, but not members merging into him, for example.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677273)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 10th, 2008 @ 4:00pm CDT
Hard Hacker wrote:

... Blasphemy!!
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677350)
Posted by magnusupreme on April 10th, 2008 @ 5:34pm CDT
Its a shame that Blitzwig is a deluxe to be honest I would like to see him in a voyager size, sentinel is a definite and omega? SWEET!
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677377)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 10th, 2008 @ 5:58pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:I suppose this should go up since it is rumors, even though the information has been kicked around for a bit. It's another layer to the overall picture until we know for sure.

On the other hand, we didnt news it last week, and its the same source, with no hard evidence behind it.

But damn I want the Omega Supreme...
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677443)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 10th, 2008 @ 6:48pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:

But damn I want the Omega Supreme...

I didn't newsify it because I didn't know anything about TF08. Then they come up with all these galleries. So one wonders if they have a little bit of insider ability.

It was worth it, but we could have had this up last weekend, if I had seen more reason to believe their list.

Oh well. It's a rumor. We've had them on before.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677490)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on April 10th, 2008 @ 7:32pm CDT
Is Ultimate new Supreme, or are they finaly gonna kick it up a notch?

Also, this should silence the Blitzwing rumor of him being Voyager.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677512)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 10th, 2008 @ 7:58pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Is Ultimate new Supreme, or are they finaly gonna kick it up a notch?

I don't think so. Roll Out Prime is on that list under 'Ultimate' but says 'Supreme Class' on the box.

As for confirmation of Blitzwing being deluxe class, I expect it will be, but I would still treat the information on this site as speculation.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677563)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on April 10th, 2008 @ 9:39pm CDT
WHOOHOO!!!
All the best choices!!!!!
I cant wait to see the ultimate class.
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677623)
Posted by Thinktank on April 10th, 2008 @ 11:41pm CDT
"Posted by Glitcher on April 10th, 2008 @ 9:53am CDT

For a news moderator, Counterpunch sure doesn't keep up to date.

Pout much...
:roll:
That aside.

I too think that a massive Omega Supreme would rock!
Re: TF Animated Toys: Class size and name rumors (677645)
Posted by woosh on April 11th, 2008 @ 1:23am CDT
Scavenger. WOO, that's going to be a HUUGE devastator.

WOW, Blitzwing is going to be DELUXE!
GOTTAHAVEGOTTAHAVE!

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Wave 2 Acid Storm Toxic Terror RT T01" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY