TF Movie Premier - South Korea

TF Movie Premier - South Korea

Monday, June 11th, 2007 5:18pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors, Digital Media News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 21,916

Three months ago, we saw a rumor that the Transformers Movie would hold it’s premiere in South Korea on June 28th. At the time, Nelson from Shoot for the Edit, indicated that this might only be a rumor. Now, it’s looking as if the initial reporting is true!

According to The Korea Times,

The director and star of the anticipated blockbuster ``Transformers'' will hold a press junket in N Seoul Tower tonight, before its world premier across Korean theaters on June 28.

It is the first time a Hollywood film is having its opening event in Korea.

Iconic director Michael Bay (``Armageddon,'' ``The Rock'') and up-and-coming actress Megan Fox, the heroine of the film, will be talking to journalists and fans alongside the actual model of the film's ``character'' Autobot Bumblebee, towering 5.2 meters and weighing 3.7 tons.

Click here to read the entire article.

Credit(s): The Korea Times, Diablien

Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159353)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 11th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
bumblebee's only 15feet? he looks so huge in the commercial standing next to sam...lol
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159377)
Posted by Windracer on June 11th, 2007 @ 5:53pm CDT
I wonder if it's like one of the stand-in models we saw in all those movie set pics way back when...

Either way, I'd love to see one of those in person. Prolly the closest thing to a real Transformer I'd ever get to see. XD
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159382)
Posted by Steeleye on June 11th, 2007 @ 5:57pm CDT
So, coming soon to an illegal download near you way before the US and European release then. Cool. lol
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159389)
Posted by gogleman374 on June 11th, 2007 @ 6:04pm CDT
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159424)
Posted by Retardicon on June 11th, 2007 @ 6:31pm CDT
gogleman374 wrote:(Maybe thats some stupid form of measurement in Korea)

What Metric? Yeah, divisible by 10 sucks :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159453)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on June 11th, 2007 @ 6:46pm CDT
gogleman374 wrote:*Checks illleageal websites for footage* Nothing yet :D. And I thoguht Bumblebee was taller then 15 feet. (Maybe thats some stupid form of measurement in Korea)

No, it has been known that Bumbles is 15 feet tall, and no, the metric system isn't stupid, because we Americans seem to be the only ones who don't use it as a primary system. Stupid founding fathers wanting to be different.
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159457)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 11th, 2007 @ 6:48pm CDT
gogleman374 wrote:*Checks illleageal websites for footage* Nothing yet :D.

Maybe that's because it's not Jude 28th yet, Hawking. And if you really want to watch a cam of a non-english movie, Steeleye, you might want to think that over...

Right, the metric system makes no sense at all. I mean, like, who would want to use a base 10 system? Like, ewww.
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159470)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 11th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT

Thats gotta mess up their body clocks!
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159505)
Posted by Psychomud on June 11th, 2007 @ 7:28pm CDT
As I have been saying -

TF the Movie here in Korea (where I am) on June 28th! WOOT-WOOT!

Hey - anyone wanna come over - shoot me an email and I can hook u up with hotel reservations! I'll lead a gang of us up to Seoul. ;-)
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159507)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 11th, 2007 @ 7:28pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:So it seems Bay and Fox will hit Aussie shores on the 12th of June (tonight) then head back to the USA, the ship out to Korea for their premiere (film opens in Oceania on the 18th June too), then back to the USa for the 3rd of July...

Thats gotta mess up their body clocks!

I'd mess up her body clock, if you know what I mean. Oh wait, that's not what you're talking about. :WHISTLE:

I'm guessing they'll be losing a lot of sleep, but they probably already have by working hard on making the film. I think all the coin they'll make will help them sleep a little easier, though.
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159510)
Posted by gogleman374 on June 11th, 2007 @ 7:29pm CDT
Have you guys thought of Sarcasm ;D
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159582)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on June 11th, 2007 @ 8:11pm CDT
Well that's cool and all, I mean go Korea...but why is it being premiered there? Just a question.
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (159878)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 11th, 2007 @ 11:40pm CDT
I'm seeing it that day anyway in Rhode Island, but good for them!
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (160077)
Posted by Stormrider on June 12th, 2007 @ 3:49am CDT
psychomud wrote:As I have been saying -

TF the Movie here in Korea (where I am) on June 28th! WOOT-WOOT!

Hmmm... You're just a ship across the pond from me. So tempting. Japan waits until August 4th!
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (160279)
Posted by skywarp-2 on June 12th, 2007 @ 7:43am CDT
Image link up and credit for the story:

http://www.clantsu.org/forums/announcem ... -woot.html

choice bits:
-First, gotta say most of the questions were gai. Sorry, but most the press questions sucked and not worth repeating. It was stuff like "In the future... do you think robots will have a war or how will they evolve?" or something (hard to remember it was soo freakin idiotic

Micheal responded in stride... "There definitely will be a massive Alien Robot War in the future"

- anyother question: "..have you seen Korean robot cartoons and how will this movie appeal to them?" (blah blah.. STFU!!)
- some uber-n00b asked about a changed ending and that this one is more subdued and not emotional...

micheal bays reaction was classic:
"subdued??!! you've got to be kidding me!! The final 30 minutes is pure action!! I have to say. you are just WRONG....

yah, it believe it was very moving. I just have to totally disagree with that."

ROFL GG PWNED ya n00b! Bay FTW!

- and other assorted stupid questins....which Megan and Micheal answered well and generically.

but still some good interesting points, fun or news came outta it:

* Micheal Bay did say they would do a Tranformers 3....4....5 and on if they got a good reaction from the crowd... which I immediate screamed out "HELL YA!!!" (which rung out as everyone else was silent lol ). Micheal bay responded with a "Alright! there you go!" lol
* Megan's favorite character is Bumblebee as he is quiet/small guy who becomes a hero and her fav in the cartoon was StarScream as he had a sexy voice and was teh cool badguy. lol
* Micheal Bay said: Optimus was his favorite character...just cause he so cool and badass.. and "Bumblebee is cute, I guess". heh.
* Megan Fox admitted quote "Frankly, (robots and AI) scare the crap outta me!" ROFL. (Let me comfort you! ) and there was this popular japan series about a robot (forget the name "automation"? or something) that freaks her out.
* "I needed job and I got got a big break as this the best job out there....who could say no to micheal bay and steven spielberg?" - Megan Fox
* Why did you cast Megan fox?
Micheal Bay: Blah blah "scowered many countries...saw over 600 women for the part" ..blah blah... blah... "and well, look at her!!"

Bay then gives her a showcase "check her out" display point... to which I gave a huge cat whistle (again, in the midsts of relative silence) and I got a big wave for from her lol -- yah I'm a cheeze. but ... Bay said it.. .LOOK AT HER!! she IS freakin HOT. :woot
* Bay is taller than I thought... Megan is hotter in person than on the screen, if that is possible.

So Megan Fox thinks Stascream's Voice is sexy... hmmm Chris Latta you stud!!! Hmmmmm she's make a Good baroness for a Live action gi Joe Movie... :grin:
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (160284)
Posted by mangatron on June 12th, 2007 @ 7:46am CDT
The hell lol....man, I'd like a job where I can look at 600 women, and imagine that, when you can finally say "Well, look at her!" :lol:
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (160317)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 12th, 2007 @ 8:09am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:Hmmmmm she's make a Good baroness for a Live action gi Joe Movie... :grin:

I'd have to disagree. She's too young and doesn't look the role. She doesn't look evil enough.
Re: TF Movie Premier - South Korea (160384)
Posted by Rogueknight on June 12th, 2007 @ 8:51am CDT
Dude dress her up in tight leather and give her a gun and trust me she would be evil enough.....naughty, very naughty. Naughty is evil right? I have to finish this thought in the other room.....
lol

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOT SHOTS JUMP SHOT BUMBLEBEE, Bot Shots 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of The Moon Movie Cyberverse Legion Class Topspin Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2014 Transformers ATTENDEE Exclusive Kreon Kreo Kre-o Fractyl" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2014 Transformers ATTENDEE Exclusive Kreon Kreo Kre-o Rattrap" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon G1 Nightbird New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon Robot Master New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon G1 Autobot Spike New Attendee Only" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Kre-o Kreo Kreon Animated Sentinel Prime New Attendee" on EBAY