TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured

TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured

Tuesday, February 19th, 2008 11:59am CST

Category: People News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 11,142

Voice Actor Garry Chalk, famous to the Transformers fandom for his voice work in various Transformers cartoons, including Optimus Primal in Beast Wars, was badly injured when he slipped on the ice while walking his dogs. Doctors expect six weeks for him to be mended, followed by six months to a year of physiotherapy.

Read more about it here.

Get-well wishes may be sent to:

Garry Chalk
The Character Talent Agency
#200 - 1505 West 2nd Avenue
Vancouver BC V6H 3Y4
Canada

Credit(s): TFW2005.com, Canada.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, February 19th, 2008 12:24pm CST

Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636272)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:03pm CST
I slipped on the ice last year and ripped 2 tendons on my knee... took 8 months to heal, I hope Mr. Chalk has a speedy recovery!
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636274)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:11pm CST
Hope you have a good and speedy recovery, Mr. Chalk.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636278)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:19pm CST
Dammit.

I've slipped on ice several times the last couple years. It's not fun. It's only out of blind, dumb luck that I was never seriously hurt, though.

Get well soon, Mr. Chalk! :PRAY:
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636285)
Posted by TheMuffin on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:26pm CST
I hope things go smoothly during his recovery. Rest well Mr. Chalk.

For some reason the quote "Well, that's just Prime" seems appropriate.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636290)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:37pm CST
Get Well Mr. Chalk!

And if you happen to spend your recuperative time coming up with a tenuous and/or contrived reason your character could have survived the battle with the Ori, and therefore go on to Stargate Atlantis or one of the movies, that would be awesome. :grin:

Seriously, as battleship commanders go, Garry Chalk > Mitch Pileggi.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636295)
Posted by Cheetron on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:53pm CST
I am sorry to hear about this. I hope he get better soon.

I fell on the ice a couple of weeks ago. Fractured my skull and now i have this headache that won't go away. Not to mention I did something to my back, it just won't stop hurting and pain killers don't help.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636297)
Posted by dragons on February 19th, 2008 @ 12:58pm CST
get well soon he did terrific job on primal in beast wars series if beast wars neo ever decides to come to America with English dubbed voice i would want him to do prime he made his sound more animalistic than robotic.

and the same with David Kaye that voiced megatron in the series thats just what i think anyway.

glad his injury wasn't seriously bad for him thats good to here
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636308)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 19th, 2008 @ 1:27pm CST
THAT's garry chalk? wow i know him..lol

he was the sheriff in Freddy Vs. Jason and i've seen his face in countless other places but never knew his name....never knew he was a voice actor, much less a transformers one. and based on his prime voices, i always imagined it was some younger guy. i guess you DO learn something new everyday.

:o
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636339)
Posted by Primus C-00 on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:07pm CST
Phew, thank myself it wasn't fatal.

God's speed great Bear!

Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636341)
Posted by OptimusShr on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:09pm CST
TheMuffin wrote:For some reason the quote "Well, that's just Prime" seems appropriate.

Reading this made me picture Garry Chalk's fall and him going "Well that's just prime!" afterward, and it made me LOL. Does this make me a bad person?

Anyway get well soon Garry!
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636343)
Posted by Heavy B on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:12pm CST
best of luck gary.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636345)
Posted by Justicity on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:14pm CST
My well wishes to Mr Chalk. I would send him a snail-mail but I'm not sure how mailing to Canada works from the UK so I'll just leave it at a simple post in a message forum that hopefully he'll be directed to during his recovery.
(Yea I know, I still live with my family and have never really had to post more than greetings cards, growing up in the age of the web & all, so shush XD)

I've always thought of his Optimus as THE Optimus, BW being my first TF series, so I hope his recovery is good and there is no permanent damage. My well wishes to his family also, dealing with an injured loved one can be difficult so I hope it's ok for you guys.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636350)
Posted by Crosscheck on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:19pm CST
That is really unfortunate. Falling on the ice really does a number on people. I remember falling in grade school and getting a concussion.

I wish Garry the best in his healing and recovery.

*Goes outside with a blowtorch to take care of the ice*
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636355)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:24pm CST
Wow that sucks. Hope he gets better soon. Hospitals reek.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636366)
Posted by Moonbase2 on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:35pm CST
Holy S! Falling on ice is no joke. My husband lost a grandfather that way. I hope Mr. Chalk recovers well.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636369)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on February 19th, 2008 @ 2:40pm CST
Gary Chalk is a amazing actor and I wish the best for him, I miss his work in Transformers. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636387)
Posted by Saber Prime on February 19th, 2008 @ 3:25pm CST
Skowl wrote:Voice Actor Garry Chalk, famous to the Transformers fandom for his voice work in various Transformers cartoons, including Optimus Prime in Beast Wars, was badly injured when he slipped on the ice while walking his dogs. Doctors expect six weeks for him to be mended, followed by six months to a year of physiotherapy.

Read more about it here.

Get-well wishes may be sent to:

Garry Chalk
The Character Talent Agency
#200 - 1505 West 2nd Avenue
Vancouver BC V6H 3Y4
Canada

He never voiced Optimus Prime in Beast Wars. He voiced Optimus Primal in Beast Wars.

He voiced Optimus Prime in A/E/C. :wink:

The good news is, Garry isn't in the current TF series and even if he was he could probly still do the recordings while injured. This will keep him from doing any live action jobs any time soon.

I had the reverse problem BTW, I knew he was a voice actor, I didn't know he was an on camera actor.

I wonder if Megatron... I mean the current Optimus Prime will go visit him in the hospital?
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636390)
Posted by Ramtough on February 19th, 2008 @ 3:30pm CST
Well thats just prime.

Too soon? :-?
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636406)
Posted by Brakethrough on February 19th, 2008 @ 3:39pm CST
Get well soon, Mr. Chalk!

I'd hate to see what would happen if Waspinator's voice actor fell down.
Re: TF Voice Actor Garry Chalk Injured (636424)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 19th, 2008 @ 3:57pm CST
Damn that sucks. I messed up my knee pretty damn good slipping on ice a few years back. Still have problems to this day. And might i add how come no one ever mentions that he was on Stargate SG-1? He was on their so many times but no one ever mentions it. I see that a few people here have said something so im glad im not the only one. Just in case he happens to read this. Mr.Chalk please come back on Stargate. Atlantis is still here. And tell MacGyver to get his ass on there too.

Get well soon Mr.Chalk.

EDIT: i think the seibetron community should do something. Dont know what but we should do some thing. Any one else feel the same way?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition Year of the Snake OPTIMUS PRIME Energon 100" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Platinum Year of the Snake OMEGA SUPREME 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction  Voyager Class movie Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 74 BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o Transformers Megatron. Incomplete. Please read description" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Decepticon Stinger 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Series AD32 Decepticons Stinger F/S NEW" on EBAY