TFA info from Australian fan meet with Eric Siebenaler
Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 5:54am CSTCategories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors, People News
Posted by: i_amtrunks Views: 48,313
The two meetings (held in Melbourne and Sydney) took place after Eric participated in an Australian Animated competition. He took time out from his busy schedule to talk Transformers with Australian Fans.
Some of the tidbits of information Eric divulged to the Aussie fans included:
- Eric designed all the Transformers Animated figures, not just Oilslick. His first figure was Armada Laserbeak, who Eric was re-united with thanks to Griffin.
- Eric is working on two size classes of figures for the upcoming Movie line.
- A New Animated Bumblebee figure is on it's way, it will be smaller and include an extra weapon of sorts
- A New Bulkhead repaint is also on it's way, and like Atomic Lugnut (which Eric named) it will be a repaint that retains the Bulkhead name.
- Oil Slick was meant to contain slime or Water in his helmet and second weapon, but due to safety concerns, it was nixed.
- New Deluxe Animated Arcee will not be entirely Pink
- The UK version of Animated Sideswipe was created without the knowledge or approval of Hasbro, and when found out, they were made to change the name.
For further details about the meetups, and more tidbits of information and photos of Eric doing his thing, please check out Griffin's thread at OTCA.
Credit(s): Griffin of OTCA
Most Popular Transformers News
Transformers Earthrise Thrust, Runabout and New Ectotron Found at Canadian Toysrus Stores25,189 views
TFSource News - MMC Sphinx Cel, MPM-12 Optimus Prime, MP-39+ Spinout, Devil Saviour Giant Axe & More18,877 views
Most Recent Transformers News
HobbyLink Japan Sponsor News- Kingdom Series Air Zar & More Transformers PreordersPosted 2 days ago
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 11th, 2008 @ 6:01am CST
Got him to sign my Animated comic, Animated Jazz and a Lugnut figure too!
Posted by Nickolai on November 11th, 2008 @ 6:07am CST
Posted by Oilspill on November 11th, 2008 @ 10:24am CST
BTW, Oil Slick is an excellent figure and much better than a good number of the classics/universe figures, IMO. I don't get why some people seem to hate him.
Now if anyone manages to find a way to get water into his head bubble thing, please share!