TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video

TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video

Monday, October 24th, 2011 2:55am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,142

A video review of TFC Toys soon to be released Hercules figure Heavy Labor has been posted on YouKu, but there's a catch, it's in Chinese. However, the video does provide a good look at the figure, and the replacement excavator arm for Exgraver. Click here to view the video.

Credit(s): YouKu

Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304552)
Posted by xyl360 on October 24th, 2011 @ 4:09am CDT
Lookin' good, real good. I can't wait :)!
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304568)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 24th, 2011 @ 6:36am CDT
He looks to be an even better figure than Exgraver which is really saying something. Even better once Reprolabels work thier magic on him.
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304580)
Posted by Blackstreak on October 24th, 2011 @ 8:10am CDT
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304601)
Posted by Kibble on October 24th, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:I'm still not understanding the purpose of an arm replacement for Exgraver. Someone want to explain it to me?

The one it came with is prone to cracking at the base.

This guy looks cool, but my enthusiasm for this set has been a bit crushed by the possibility of them doing idiotic things to the color scheme of upcoming figures. Namely, the black foot/toes/shovel on Structor. If that goes on to become reality, I plan to sell off these first two figures and just go with Maketoy's Giant. Bummer too, because I really loved how Herc was coming along.
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304602)
Posted by El Duque on October 24th, 2011 @ 9:34am CDT

There's a design flaw in the base ratchet joint. There's not enough clearance room for cogs to pass by one another which can cause the black base housing to stress, crack, or break all together. I have two, one has stress marks the other has cracked all the way through. Here a fix video that shows the problem pretty well.

Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304644)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 24th, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
Looks pretty great, definitely better than Exgraver. 8)
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304655)
Posted by donnie_707 on October 24th, 2011 @ 12:48pm CDT
why does it seem like they have different shades of purple on them?? the one in the video looks kinda bluish.....while my exgraver is VERY purple....no hint of blue at all. is it just the video? anyone else notice that or is it just me?
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304660)
Posted by Kibble on October 24th, 2011 @ 12:59pm CDT
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304661)
Posted by donnie_707 on October 24th, 2011 @ 1:02pm CDT
Kibble wrote:It's just the video. Purple doesn't photograph or come across real well. Exgraver's purple looked blue in most pics, too.

yea lol. i can attest to that. i just took a pic of my exgraver and guess what? BLUE! thanks. just want to make sure they dont screw it up with multiple color hues
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304729)
Posted by Rated X on October 24th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

This issue is why I chose not to ship my pile of loot until Long Haul arrives. Ill just throw the original Scavenger shovel in my parts box and use the replacement. Does anybody know if the replacement has eliminated the problem completly ????

Also the video talks about a fix for a "foot problem". Is he saying to take apart the foot everytime you transform Scavenger ??? Or is this disassembly performed once to reposition a gear permanatly to fix the problem ???
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304745)
Posted by Kibble on October 24th, 2011 @ 5:26pm CDT
It's actually unnecessary to disassemble the leg if the foot is off track. I think all you have to do is fold the toe and heel all the way down to realign the gears.

Presumably the new crane arm is fixed. I don't think enough people have gotten them to confirm one way or the other, but it kind of defeats the purpose of sending out a new one out if the problem is still prevalent. I don't plan on raising and lowering that arm a ton either way, though. It's not super necessary. I haven't even attempted moving my current one at that joint due the the known issue and it's still plenty displayable with some different poseability options thanks to the other joint. It honestly wouldn't be the end of the world if that problem joint wasn't articulated at all.
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1304758)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on October 24th, 2011 @ 6:21pm CDT
Wow I want this figure even more now. =P~ Its nice he comes with a replacement shovel for Exgraver that isn't tight. :D
I like his transformation its fun and interesting 8)
Re: TFC Toys Heavy Labor Video (1305178)
Posted by 009* on October 25th, 2011 @ 8:30pm CDT
Let's see, Heavylabor should be shipping out to retailers today, so sometime in the next two weeks these will finally ship out to those of us who're waiting.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Rewind Buzzsaw Lot Complete TR Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime BATTLE SUIT Complete Cyberverse Legion" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Loose & Complete - Transformers Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Nightwatch Optimus Prime TRANSFORMERS PRIME Cyberverse Commander Class figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Recycling Truck Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLITZWING & Decepticon Hazard MISB Voyager 2017 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans return Astrotrain Darkmoon" on EBAY