Transformers News: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime

Thursday, May 26th, 2011 3:44PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,619

The Transformers' Collector Club has revealed the cover of issue #39 of their official club magazine via their twitter account. The cover confirms the rumor that one of this year's SDCC exclusives will be a "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime from the upcoming Transformers Prime line. The cover is mirrored below.

If you're a TFCC member you can expect this issue to arrive in your mailbox soon. Other highlights in this issue include:

• Frank Welker Interview
  • SDCC Exclusives REVEALED: Matrix Prime and Ultimate Optimus Prime
  • TF Brand Team interview
  • MTMTE Profiles Side Burn and Prowl
  • Mini Mayhem - HoF edition
  • Battlelines Part 3
  • Interview with Derrick J. Wyatt and Marty Isenberg

Credit(s): TFCC
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229014)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 26th, 2011 @ 3:54pm CDT
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229015)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 26th, 2011 @ 3:56pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:What the balls? Let me get this straight so I don't become depressed later: The TF Prime toy line is a SDCC exclusive one?

No no, just a repaint of the Deluxe Prime figure. And I'm half expecting a repaint of the deluxe DotM Prime.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229017)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 26th, 2011 @ 3:57pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

YES! Now I don't have to get depressed later! :KREMZEEK:
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229018)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 26th, 2011 @ 4:00pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

YES! Now I don't have to get depressed later! :KREMZEEK:

By the by, your original question sounds a bit silly now, doesn't it? :)
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229019)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 26th, 2011 @ 4:02pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

YES! Now I don't have to get depressed later! :KREMZEEK:

By the by, your original question sounds a bit silly now, doesn't it? :)

Which is why I asked the question. It seemed stupid to me too; which is why I had to ask.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229020)
Posted by Blurrz on May 26th, 2011 @ 4:02pm CDT
A variant of Ultimate Optimus Prime will also be an SDCC Exclusive..
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229032)
Posted by Powersa on May 26th, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT
DOTM is the main line this year, I was hoping SDCC stuff would be something different, like Animated or RID, a non-movie repaint.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229035)
Posted by Road-hole on May 26th, 2011 @ 4:34pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:A variant of Ultimate Optimus Prime will also be an SDCC Exclusive..

I heard that too, with an extra decal sheet or something. I want to see this. I dunno if a paint job can really make that prime actually look good, but I wanna see it.

Any pics in the magazine?
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229052)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 26th, 2011 @ 5:08pm CDT
I've heard the biggest difference in this SDCC TF:Prime Optimus Prime is that he comes with the Matrix. Meh.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229059)
Posted by Skywarp64 on May 26th, 2011 @ 5:38pm CDT
Does this mean there won't be a normal retail release of that figure?
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229062)
Posted by Grahf on May 26th, 2011 @ 5:42pm CDT
Sort of want................
I guess that the price my play a factor on whether to buy or not.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229071)
Posted by Road-hole on May 26th, 2011 @ 6:03pm CDT
I really hate that fake chest on TF:Prime OP, I hope there is a chance for a voyager version.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229114)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 26th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CDT
well it's getting it's own individual toy line, so who's to say prime, megatron, bulkhead, skyquake, and breakdown arnt all voyagers?
if we get toy figures of them, that is...
:-(
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229126)
Posted by Screamfleet on May 26th, 2011 @ 7:49pm CDT
Skywarp64 wrote:Does this mean there won't be a normal retail release of that figure?

They've never made a mold to be an exclusive, we'll see a release of it.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229287)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 27th, 2011 @ 12:45am CDT
That is the worst photoshop job I have ever seen as official Hasbro stock photography.
Man does this thing suck, the GI Joe exclusive is better than this.
If you're wondering how much this will cost, it'll cost 5 dollars more than the standard version, so just add 5 dollars to the US price of a deluxe.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229335)
Posted by OlivusPrime on May 27th, 2011 @ 4:15am CDT
Road-hole wrote:

I won't be attending SDCC, so I hope I don't miss out on anything that makes DOTM Prime hugely better. I reckon (and hope) Reprolabels will do a sticker sheet eventually.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229540)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 27th, 2011 @ 12:40pm CDT
Hot on the heals of yesterday's reveal of this year's SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime, we get new details of the exclusives courtesy of the The Transformers Collector's Club.

Transformers Collector's Club wrote:This month's issue features an interview with the Transformers brand team in which they reveal the two SDCC exclusives for 2011, including pictures, as well as providing the following info for TCC members: "The San Diego Comic Con exclusive Matrix Prime will of course come in the premium Matrix of Leadership packaging which you will be able to wear and hang your new figure on your chest. This will be the first Transformers Prime Figure released in anticipation to the upcoming releases in December with Transformers Prime First Edition.

The San Diego Comic Con exclusive Ultimate Optimus Prime is packed out in premium packaging which will help to show off the super cool (and large) truck mode with trailer. A decal sheet has been added in this version which will allows fans to add decals and customize trailer. This will be the ONLY version released of Optimus Prime packed out in Truck and Trailer mode in this Limited Edition Package."

Issue 39 is shipping to club members now!

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229543)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 27th, 2011 @ 12:50pm CDT
Fail.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229549)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 27th, 2011 @ 1:06pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Fail.

What? Seriously?

These are both pretty awesome.
Re: TFCC Official Club Magazine #39 Reveals SDCC Exclusive "Matrix of Leadership" Optimus Prime (1229576)
Posted by OlivusPrime on May 27th, 2011 @ 2:22pm CDT
HA HA! I'd just love to walk around with an Optimus Prime figure hanging from my neck, but I don't think I should deprive others of that pleasure.

A bit jealous about the Ultimate Prime with stickers though.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Fire Predaking USA Seller Leader Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers LEADER CLASS STARSCREAM Complete, Lights & Sounds HFTD Jet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations SANDSTORM Complete 30th Anniversary Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Generations Waspinator Transformers Beast Wars Predacon Hasbro + IDW comic MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Rhinox Hasbro Beast Wars Maximal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ROTF- HIGHTOWER -DECEPTICON LEGENDS CLASS EZ COPYRIGHT  2009" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Voyagers 05 Prime 37 Rampage 43 KSI Boss MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 05 Prime 14 Ironhide 37 Rampage 43 KSI Boss MISB" on EBAY