TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images)

Transformers News: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images)

Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 6:09PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 42,281

Real nearby...

While he was available for preorder back in March, and sold out within four days, and we've seen the concept art for his head since October 2009, we are just now seeing the finished head for Transformer's Collectors Club Exclusive Punch/Counterpunch.

Feast your eyes on Punch and Counterpunch in this extensive preview gallery from TFClub!

Credit(s): TFClub, Counterpunch, El Duque, Mach

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073772)
Posted by Zeds on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:20pm CDT
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073773)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:23pm CDT
Zeds wrote:Those paint apps leave a lot to be desired. Still looking forward to receiving the item.

I'm not a fan of the green and purple highlights on the back end. Also, the license plate looks a little silly:

PCN TRP

Pecan Trip? I know they were going for P CNTRP, but the split in the middle makes it reinterpret oddly.

Overall, I do love it, and those are very minor nitpicks. The blue is an extremely saturated blue that I really like!
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073776)
Posted by --B-- on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:31pm CDT
Not exactly digging the purple but pretty much all around awesome.

All three modes are pretty well done, and look great.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073778)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:40pm CDT
Now I'm wishing I got Counterpunch/Punch instead of Shadow Warrior. :lol: :sad:
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073779)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:44pm CDT
My only problem with this is the same problem with the original Punch / CP figure. His counterpart is on his back. Even the back of his head.

Brilliant use of rubsigns, though. If any robots needs to worry about being shot in the back because someone thinks he's playing on the other team - it's P / CP. Having the other side's isignia on his back wouldn't help matters.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073782)
Posted by El Duque on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:49pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Pecan Trip?

Mmmmmmmm...........pecans.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073785)
Posted by Rated X on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:53pm CDT
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073786)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:54pm CDT
Is it just me, or is Punch's right eye blue & the left one orange? Way to achieve on the paint app Hasbro... :roll:
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073787)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:54pm CDT
Yeah, are those just test shots for the face-washes that might get corrected for the actual run? 'Cause it looks like what should've just been on the actual face spilled over onto the vac-metalized part of the helmet next to the mouths. Probably not too hard for one to fix, but I'd be reluctant to make any sort of modification to an exclusive this sought-after. No complaints about the rest of him though!

Also...am I the only one who hadn't realized you could wrap Sunstreaker's gun around his engine like that? Ah, what the grown-up collector misses by not having the time to actually play with 'em anymore...
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073788)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:56pm CDT
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073789)
Posted by Droptested Thrice on May 12th, 2010 @ 6:57pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Does the visor flip to cover the other face or does his identity get revealed when you see him from behind ???

From the looks of that head, I don't think he has any movable visor.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073791)
Posted by Diem on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:02pm CDT
+Good character.
+That blue makes the car mode impossibly sexy.

-Bad mold.
-Costs a bundle.

I think this is a pass for me. If he were a general retail figure I'd buy him in a flash but getting CC figures over here is arduous.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073793)
Posted by Vicalliose on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:08pm CDT
*ahem* I would just like to mention to all the people that hadn't noticed already that...
HIS HEAD IS FLIPPIN' TINY!!!
I mean heck yeah, this is one of their most detailed and characterful sculpts we've seen from them up until now, and it looks pretty awesome for it just being the prototype, but by all that is sacred they had better expand that thing a little before the final release! :shock:
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073797)
Posted by Geekee1 on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:19pm CDT
Honestly, if those are the finished heads, I'm royally pissed. The detailing isn't sharp and the paint is absolutely terrible. Fun Pub, get your $h!t together!
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073803)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:33pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Yay, I didn't waste my cash on this piece of slag. Totally not interested in it.

Droptested Thrice wrote:

From the looks of that head, I don't think he has any movable visor.

Stop being ridiculous. The visor obviously moves.

Now, I'm not entirely sure about these pics after really looking at them.

Either:

1. These are test shot pieces and the paint masking is wrong so far (which would explain why someone got the leftover junk to take home).

or

2. These are the first renditions of the head that the club did not approve of.

I think the first is more likely, but mark my words... If FunPub fucks this up, there will be hell to pay.

They will never hear the end of it from me.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073807)
Posted by HighPrime on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:35pm CDT
There's no way that's what the finished product looks like that. Looks to me these guys stuck on a half-baked custom head. The rest of the paint apps look sloppy and unfinished as well. Even for a prototype, looks horrible.

Seems to be a joke to me #-o

We all know this will look lightyears better in production.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073813)
Posted by Ungie on May 12th, 2010 @ 7:56pm CDT
I hope they produce a second batch. i really want this now. It says discontinued on the website. scaring me shitless.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073816)
Posted by HighPrime on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:03pm CDT
Ungie wrote:It says discontinued on the website.

Been that way since it sold out, so that's nothing new or any indication that a second set will or won't be produced. Until Club comes out and says "Sorry, no dice.." There's still a glimmer of hope for you, since the last response was "We're checking" :)

I imagine with Botcon being all these guys can handle right now, especially with registration difficulties, PCP is low on their list of priorities.
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073821)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
Isn't Punch's gun supposed to have yellow barrels?
Re: TFCC Punch / Counterpunch - Head Revealed! (Total 19 Images) (1073827)
Posted by ang3l3s on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT
I actually like it if the face gets covered when in character but the price for a deluxe figure ......... well at least i don't have to wonder since it's sold out and i don't feel TOO bad so i guess it's not that much of a loss.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 43%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 35%
You save: 26%
You save: 23%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars 2016 Liokaiser Platinum Edition Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 21%