TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving

TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving

Monday, August 1st, 2011 2:13pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,555

If you're a member of the Official Transformers Collectors' Club keep an eye on your mailbox, multiple Seibertron.com members have reported receiving their membership freebie figure Sideburn.

Credit(s): Rodimus Prime, grimdragon2001, vulgar_wraith

Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269793)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 1st, 2011 @ 2:19pm CDT
How's the paint apps on the face. I'm hearing that they may be off.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269795)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 1st, 2011 @ 2:21pm CDT
Just got mine 3 hours ago!
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269800)
Posted by The Potentate on August 1st, 2011 @ 2:34pm CDT
Just got mine too. I had forgotten about this thing!
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269802)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 1st, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:How's the paint apps on the face. I'm hearing that they may be off.

Nevermind, I think it's from a person that didn't know his face paint was not symmetrical. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269803)
Posted by El Duque on August 1st, 2011 @ 2:49pm CDT

Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269808)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 1st, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT
Got mine yesterday

And YES! the paint is very off-mine have blurred/messy edges on the legs and arms, his face is just as messed up as the ones pictured here. The plastic quality feels less than standard...feels like Ill snap something off if im not very careful...

All in all it was a nice idea but I am very disappointed in the lack of quality...both paint and plastic...
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269812)
Posted by NTESHFT on August 1st, 2011 @ 3:07pm CDT
Got mine today,as well. Hey, what's this number on his right leg for? Mine is #36748.....
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269814)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 1st, 2011 @ 3:08pm CDT
Samurai Bludgeon wrote:Got mine yesterday

*ahem*...

Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269820)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 1st, 2011 @ 3:19pm CDT
Haa! that pic looks just like my desk at work now. Just pulled the guy outta the package. Looks AMAZING in person. The mold in these colors looks really, really pretty.

Some nice crisp detailing in the paint apps. Everything looks really nice on mine.

I like leaving the spoiler turned down in bot mode... like I do Animated Breakdown and Sideswipe from the Botcon set. Gives him a different look that Hot Rod. That one thing is so distinctive, it keeps all those repaints from looking right to me.

But yeah, the figure really evokes Sideburn. The red motor, flames, color, paint apps. Nice job by TFCC in pulling out an homage... and the first we've had for RID, and popping in right at its 10th anniversary, to boot.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269850)
Posted by Optimus1138 on August 1st, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT
I had thought about joining the club, but I decided not to. This figure looks really good, and I'm thinking I'll probably join next year, so maybe I'll get it then.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269856)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 1st, 2011 @ 4:35pm CDT
I might mention that all the paint apps on this... and other Transformers (unless I've been told incorrectly)... are applied by human factory workers with little airbrushes in an assembly line. That's always going to allow for some slight differences and quality control creep. (I've seen photos of the people assembling the parts like a model kit, then spraying the bots. Looks tedious, folks. Makes me appreciate what I get, knowing the number of people who put their effort into making each robot.)

Knowing that, the quality is really good on mine. Not perfect paint apps, but really good. Most of what I care about is the face and overall appearance of the vehicle. Those are immaculate. Legs on mine have a little blur on the edges.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269862)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2011 @ 4:44pm CDT
Hopefully this gets delivered up north before I move out back to Uni.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269889)
Posted by thunderjacker on August 1st, 2011 @ 5:44pm CDT
got mine today!...and he looks awesome!...really glad that i joined the club and i can't wait for next years runamuck and runabout!
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269892)
Posted by Rated X on August 1st, 2011 @ 5:46pm CDT
I got mine today. Its a solid figure. Way different from the crystal blue e-hobby Rodimus. People nitpick too much. It is what it is...a Blue Rodimus repaint with enough paint apps to hold it's own as a new character.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269915)
Posted by gen1autobot on August 1st, 2011 @ 6:27pm CDT
I just recieved mine today. I really like the quality of the toy. My collection is still in storage so he will remain in his box for now.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269928)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 1st, 2011 @ 6:44pm CDT
I got mine, and it is beautiful as a car. And my goodness, there are a lot of the rubber belts on it, and no plastic shell when shipped.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269956)
Posted by BluavalancheZ71 on August 1st, 2011 @ 8:01pm CDT
I just received mine and was disappointed as there are 2 screws missing on the back of the left leg, I have emailed the people at the club and waiting to hear back on this, I hope they will get it straightened out for me. Other than that the pain apps look decent and this figure looks good, but will have to stay in car mode as the leg falls off. I am not nit picking, as the figure should be fully assembled right?!
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1269985)
Posted by Diem on August 1st, 2011 @ 9:10pm CDT
Mine came today today. Once I got the eighty-million twisty ties off I was pleasantly surprised. Good use of paint apps and extensive blue and white to make him look different. Now I need my Universe Ironhide into X-brawn and Universe Sunstreaker into Prowl.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1270017)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 1st, 2011 @ 10:15pm CDT
I got mine today on the way to work. I don't think there were too many rubber bands per say but they weren't really doing anything anyway. Now I really have to pick up the Sky-Byte from the 2010 Botcon set.
Re: TFCC Sideburn Now Arriving (1270028)
Posted by First Gen on August 1st, 2011 @ 10:40pm CDT
All I wanna know is when is this sucker gonna be available at the Club store. I gotta get one.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-37 Ravage & Bullhorn" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY