Saturday, August 29th, 2015 10:14am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 42,104

The Transformers Collectors' Club, via their social media outlets, have just revealed the first look at the combined mode for the five members of the Mayhem Attack Squad: THUNDER MAYHEM! You can check out the mock-up below, combining Bludgeon, Windsweeper, Spinister, Ruckus and Needlenose, and head here for more information.

We Are THUNDER MAYHEM! The Combined mode of the Mayhem Attack Squad has been revealed! Can Impactor stand a chance against the might of this powerful Decepticon? Get these 6 EXCLUSIVE Combiner Wars figures ONLY from the TCC.

Transformers News: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed

Credit(s): TFCC

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 29th, 2015 1:31pm CDT

Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722034)
Posted by Downbeat on August 29th, 2015 @ 10:28am CDT
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722035)
Posted by Gearslide on August 29th, 2015 @ 10:28am CDT
I'm usually pretty open-minded about designs, but that combined mode does not look good to me at all. The colors are WAY too diverse across all of the team. At least teams like the Protectobots or Stunticons have some uniformity in palette (Primary colors or deep colors with Purple accents), but there is just way too much happening on "Thunder Mayhem".

And Thunderwing? What? The only member of the team with any attachment to him in any fiction is Bludgeon. The other members of Mayhem are just along for the ride. And Thunderwing doesn't work (in my opinion, of course) as a Gestalt. He's either got to be like his Generations Deluxe, or a Giant all on his own. The head just looks really out of place, even if you ignore the crazy color-scheme happening.

Still, no big loss. This announcement was what I was waiting for to decide on getting the TFSS, and it convinced me not to. The individual bots look fantastic, but the combined mode (The mode I prefer to put Gestalt Teams into) does not look good one bit (again, just my opinion).
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722036)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on August 29th, 2015 @ 10:32am CDT
Downbeat wrote:I question entirely both the decision to make Bludgeon a combiner torso with a normal head then not using his skull face for the combined mode, and also the name "Thunder Mayhem". It sounds more like a project or operation than a proper gestalt name.

I question the all-but-universal assumption (this is by no means limited to the post I'm quoting) that a non-Pretender Bludgeon MUST have a skull face.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722040)
Posted by Randomhero on August 29th, 2015 @ 10:48am CDT
I am sold. This looks so cool!
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722043)
Posted by steals_your_goats on August 29th, 2015 @ 10:51am CDT
I actually kind of like it. There are quite a few colors but I think it'll look a bit better with the arms and legs switched. It's also a digital mock up and almost everything looks better in hand than on computer designs.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722044)
Posted by bluecatcinema on August 29th, 2015 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722045)
Posted by Autobot N on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:05am CDT
bluecatcinema wrote:Well, I'm surprised by the choice of head, but I suppose it's a nice switch from the Bludgeon skull a lot of us were expecting. The name's a little clunky, though. Just "Mayhem" would have done, or maybe "Thunderwing Maximus."

Or maybe "Mayhem Maximus".
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722047)
Posted by CaptainMagic on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:17am CDT
Gearslide wrote: And Thunderwing? What? The only member of the team with any attachment to him in any fiction is Bludgeon. The other members of Mayhem are just along for the ride. And Thunderwing doesn't work (in my opinion, of course) as a Gestalt.

Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722052)
Posted by Mkall on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:25am CDT
I dislike the Thunderwing head, I would've preferred Bludgeon's skull-head instead. Oh well, it's not like I was planning on combining these guys anyways.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722054)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:34am CDT
This really makes me wish I hadn't stopped collecting Classics figures. I don't care much for that Bludgeon but all the rest look good. I don't have any CW figures yet aside from Ultra Magnus and Rodimus so I'm not getting worn out on the molds yet like some people are.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722059)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:42am CDT
Well, THAT came out of nowhere.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722060)
Posted by kurthy on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:43am CDT
SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! THERE'LL BE MAYHEM, MAYHEM, MAYHEM! AND THUNDER. THUNDER,THUNDER! IT'S THUNDER MAYHEM, THUNDER MAYHEM, THUNDER MAYHEM! ONLY THIS SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722062)
Posted by Shockwave7 on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:45am CDT
It ain't just mayhem - it's THUNDAH Mayhem! Looks OK, but I donno... something about that head sculpt just doesn't do it for me.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722063)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on August 29th, 2015 @ 11:46am CDT
:SICK:
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722074)
Posted by Mkall on August 29th, 2015 @ 12:23pm CDT
From Pete's Facebook Page:

Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722076)
Posted by Desslok2201 on August 29th, 2015 @ 12:37pm CDT
On the one hand, giving the '88 Triggercons and Double Targetmasters some love is a good idea, as I don't think it's likely any other way on our shores, but having them be a combiner team is kind of unnecessary. On top of that, having them combine into another character entirely separate from a combiner just seems like a miss. I admit I thought about it at the first reveal, but this is a no go. I still may have to get my hands on Impactor, though. Like Krok on this year's wave (awesome) I may have to clear some shelf space.
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722077)
Posted by YoungPrime on August 29th, 2015 @ 12:37pm CDT
Other than Needlenose and Spinister this lot is useless to me.

Hasbro better wake the h3ll up and release more IDW figures through retail!
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722078)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 29th, 2015 @ 12:45pm CDT
CaptainMagic wrote:Actually, so far as I can find on tfwiki, the four limb bots never were all Mayhems. The only time they all four worked together was in the G1 comic issue "Kings of the Wild Frontier" where they worked with Thunderwing. So Bludgeon is actually the odd bot out in this team. Doesn't change the fact that you're right about the colors being pretty gross, though, or that I don't like Bludgeon's bot or vehicle modes very much in those colors and with that head. Plus, $100 is almost too much to pay for these combiners, so $300 is never happening.

Yeah, Bludgeon, Spinister and Needlenose were Mayhems. Windsweeper and Ruckus weren't (in that continuity anyways) but were with Needlenose and Spinister when they worked for Thunderwing but Bludgeon wasn't part of of that so this team is an odd mix up of the two.

I REALLY dislike the idea of Thunderwing being relegated to some team's combined form rather than being his own character. He was cool in the Marvel comics and of my fave characters.

Really the only things I want out of this set are Spinister and Needlenose (with their targetmasters), Windsweeper and Ruckus ain't bad. Bludgeon is kinda ugly (and as mentioned before I love my RotF Bludgeon with swappable faces and chromed swords). I wouldn't mind having the Thunderwing head and sticking it on some other jet TF like Universe Silverbolt or something to try make a decent large Thunderwing (I liked the Deluxe design but come on, WAY too frickin' small for this character).
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722079)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 29th, 2015 @ 12:50pm CDT
Man that is terrible, this is why not all things should combine
Re: TFCC Subscription Service 4.0 - Mayhem Attack Squad THUNDER MAYHEM Combiner Revealed (Update with new photo) (1722080)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on August 29th, 2015 @ 1:00pm CDT
You know, I don't have any expectations of convincing folks who don't like this that they should. Nor will I try to suggest that, if I were suggesting what a "Mayhem" combiner would look like, this is how I'd do it. But in the midst of all this hate, I feel it necessary to say, "I'm okay with this," and that I actually put my order in this morning after seeing the reveal.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "transformers ko oversized Combiner Wars Not Powerglide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RID 2015  WARRIORS CLASS  SCORPONOK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars CW LIOKAISER Platinum Edition Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY