TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures

TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures

Saturday, April 30th, 2011 6:14am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 44,981

TFClub has updated their Weibo account with pics of their various work in progress projects. This site requires registration so we have mirrored the images below. You can also see them here on Full metal hero.

We get to see new combined pics of all the new combiner figures.

First up is a couple of images of the D.S.L.R camera toy prototype and size comparison with a real DSLR camera.

The next picture is of their WWII themed PCC limbs in limb mode combined with Bombshock. This is the first actual prototypes we have seen of these figures.

Last but not least we get another picture of Project Deva in nearly fully combined form. This is the first time we seen the limb mode of the figure meant to represent Scrapper first revealed yesterday in a CG rendering.

Credit(s): TFClub, ArmadaPrime

This article was last modified on Saturday, April 30th, 2011 6:25am CDT

Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215379)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 30th, 2011 @ 6:37am CDT
=P~
awesome! a lot of that looks like stuff i want, haha.
Even though the limbs for bombshock have some wierd robot modes for the planes, if it ends up looking good, damn... lucky people who have bombshock.
And the rest is obviously killer... that Reflector makes me wonder how we're getting 2 3rd party reflectors so close to each other...
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215385)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on April 30th, 2011 @ 6:50am CDT
and the price for bombshock soars!

honestly though, those limbs make him look 100 times better
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215392)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 30th, 2011 @ 7:33am CDT

If a third-party company can concieve, design and produce this Devastator (with full articulation and intergrated combiner parts) why can't Hasbro?
I understand it would be expensive to produce and price even for an official product, and I understand companies not wanting to put risk items on shelves in case they don't sell-but surely this is a no-brainer? They had the perfect chance to market the hell out of the name Devastator after ROTF. What child after seeing that awesome monster on the screen wouldn't light up at the sight of any toy box carrying the name? (put him in generations/RTS?) And anyone with a brain knows collectors would (and do!) want this!
They'd be selling to both sides of the fence, surley.

I know marketing tactics are weird, I've had some brief experience. But seriously?
And, from pics of the individual bots, aren't they scout or deluxe? The full size of Devy wouldn't cause problems with toy safety stuff, would it? Again, ROTF Devy was safe enough to sell.

It makes you wonder how this is happening...
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215393)
Posted by munkimus prime on April 30th, 2011 @ 7:42am CDT
Forget Bombshock, Heavytread is having those limbs when I get them.

Not Devastator looks glorious and is hopefully not too expensive. I may have to go halves with a collecting buddy to get this guy.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215394)
Posted by Poyguimogul on April 30th, 2011 @ 7:42am CDT
OMFGWNIT...

PCC Bruticus suddenly sucks alot less... seriously.. I bought Bruticus and Defensor, matched the limbs energon style.....and now.. It's for naught...

That is sexy... Like it could stand next to FP bruticus sexy..(not too close tho')

If the Reflector isn't a midget I'll be interested..

and D.E.V.A.S.T.A.T.O.R.
(You told your wife you got her the new 12" Devastator for her birthday,
imagine her disappointment when she opens it to find this...)-Toyfare
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215395)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 30th, 2011 @ 7:43am CDT
I want that Project Deva as my updated version of the Constructicons. I don't think anyone else is doing a Constructicon combiner team.

I think the DSLR camera is a better looking version than what Perfect Effect is releasing. But I'm still gonna pass on it, I already have the PE camera on pre-order.

As I said in another topic (or this one, not sure), the WWII combaticons is a reason to finally get the PCCs but I'm still gonna pass on them. I don't want another update version for the Combaticon team.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215403)
Posted by Burnin12 on April 30th, 2011 @ 8:51am CDT
Looking forward to this even more seeing a real combined mode. Having PCC Bombshock and the combaticons, I can agree it looks 100 times better now!
As someone above mentioned, Heavy Tread would also be a good torso. Specially since he is a bit thicker in torso mode with a larger head than Bombshock. May look a little more well proportioned. Planning on getting 2 sets myself. One for Bombshock and one to possibly be painted up as the Desert Camo Ruination. Have the Autobot version of Bombshock. Don't recall his name but definitely looks like a Ruination Piece.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215413)
Posted by Rated X on April 30th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
Why does every 3rd party company want to make awesome limbs for a crappy Onslaught torso ??? And in this particular case, they might as well have just gone for the whole combiner like they are doing with Devestator.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215432)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on April 30th, 2011 @ 10:05am CDT
Devastator looks sweet, but my bank account is going to hate me for a long time I imagine. =P~

Gonna pass on the PCC, the FP Bruticus add-ons are an act that just can't be followed. Guess I can safely ditch those PCC sets I've been hanging onto now. I wonder if anyone is working on a Stunticon version for the Crankcase set? :-?

Have any robot mode pics of their Reflector version been released? Though I honestly can't imagine anything surpassing the PE set.

:CON:
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215439)
Posted by El Duque on April 30th, 2011 @ 11:05am CDT
I'll be purchasing all three of these projects.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215445)
Posted by Mkall on April 30th, 2011 @ 11:43am CDT
El Duque wrote:I'll be purchasing all three of these projects.

I wholeheartedly agree and will be mimicking the above post.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215449)
Posted by Skyfire77 on April 30th, 2011 @ 11:58am CDT
Fistful of Energon wrote:and the price for bombshock soars!

honestly though, those limbs make him look 100 times better

Glad I already bought one; Steelshot too.

munkimus prime wrote:Forget Bombshock, Heavytread is having those limbs when I get them.

Eh, Heavytread is too modern a tank. He doesn't really fit in with the others' aesthetics.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215450)
Posted by Overcracker on April 30th, 2011 @ 12:02pm CDT
Ooh Not-Devy's looking hot.

Hope its not too expensive. The rest I really have no need for.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215451)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 30th, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:I don't usually get in on this, but just in case there is an official Has/Tak person, or anyone who knows enough, reading this; I have a genuine question:

They'd be selling to both sides of the fence, surley.

It makes you wonder how this is happening...

Ahh, the question that all of us collectors ask but Hasbro/Takara rarely comes right out and answers. Basically it boils down to the fact that despite how many of us collectors there are out there, kids still outnumber us but a huge margin and Corporate is going to follow the numbers. They are perfectly capable of producing the stuff but in the long run it's just not as profitable as kicking out stuff they figure will appeal to the legions of 5 to 10 year olds that will whine/badger their parents out of 10 or 20 dollars/pounds/quid/euros or whatever.
Yeah it sucks but we are still in the minority and are going to have to miss out on a lot of what we think is cool stuff because of it. While they could give us all the parts for Devs in the Generations line, again it would likely be only the collectors completing the set so it's not worth it to invest in a gimmick when they could make more stuff to appeal to the younger crowd.

Yet another reason why being a grown-up really really sucks! :sad:

Marketing woes and my complaining about aging (on the eve of my birthday, go figure) aside I have to say that I'm digging these PCC figures and the Not Devastator is starting to look more and more amazing. My wallet is weeping already.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215463)
Posted by Kibble on April 30th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CDT
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215501)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 30th, 2011 @ 2:07pm CDT
I retract my previous statement about the PCC limbs. The symmetrical look and the articulated hands actually look pretty good.

I still need to see more of the Reflector team. The fact that it actually looks like a digital camera in alt mode does nothing for me.

Devastator looks pretty solid. Still wanting to see more.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215502)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 30th, 2011 @ 2:10pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:

They'd be selling to both sides of the fence, surley.

It makes you wonder how this is happening...

Yet another reason why being a grown-up really really sucks! :sad:

well I thank you for your attention and your reply, but this was exactly my point. Being aware of all these points ROTF would have been a really good point to capitalise on these rules they face. Surely 5-10 year old kids would pester parents silly for anything saying Devastator. NO?
I've had first hand experience at this, which is why I avoid the issue usually. I'm not the odd whiny collector who thinks he is (or should be) top of their sales list. And I realise plenty of good peeps at hasbro and takara are doing their best to give people what they want, as I did when I was a designer faced with corporate twaddle. The recent RTS/Generations Jazz, thunderwing and all alike are proof that they are trying. It's also a bit irritating for them to think the way they do about kids. We were never rich, which is why I never had as many TFS as I wanted when I was a kid. To be fair, nearly all my kiddie collection were odd TFS that had little or no show pressence-but I didn't care! There was a TF on the shelf and I wanted it! Generation gap or no...that still has to ring true for a good portion of kids, right? Or am I just being difficult now? ;)
Ah well. Just my 2 cents...maybe I just needed a vent.
Thanks again mate. :D Sadly, whilst like yourself they do look nifty, I think I'll end up being beaten by the prices.
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215503)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 30th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Kibble wrote:^^ Not to mention if Hasbro did this and charged $500-600 "we" would probably throw a friggin' sissy fit of epic proportions. As T-Mack stated, they're perfectly capable, it's just not necessarily in their best interest...and probably couldn't put out the same figure and still adhere to safety laws.

But it wouldn't need to cost anywhere near $500 if it was official would it?
And this devy isn't gonna break the supreme class size either is it? I thought rough comparison shots put them around deluxe size each? Supreme starscreams arms and legs are biger than deluxes.
Or am I just talking out my ar*e again? :D
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215506)
Posted by Oilspill on April 30th, 2011 @ 2:19pm CDT
Devy just keeps getting better and better. Just Mixmaster left to check out now. And any accessories (at least a chest shield & gun I would hope).
Re: TFClub Updates: DSLR, Project Deva, PCC WWII Figures (1215509)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 30th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:

But it wouldn't need to cost anywhere near $500 if it was official would it?
Or am I just talking out my ar*e again? :D

I'm afraid only half out of that rear end. :P

You see, the cost mainly comes from:

- Length of Development
- Size and Number of pieces on the toys
- Number and size of Production Runs
- Promotion, including commercials, TV shows and comics.

Factors that influence the above include:
- Target Audience and by extension, projected sales.
- Local Toy Safety Laws

All is tied within a budget, and the development of a proper Devastator would take so much resources, it would probably take the budget of a line and a half! Can't really do much with a line consisting of a single figure, can you?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY