TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill

TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill

Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 4:10am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,863

Yet another comics guest update from the fine folks over at TFcon USA - taking place in Charlotte, NC, this October. Brendan Cahill, regular guest artist and cover artist on IDW's More Than Meets the Eye has been confirmed as attending the event! Check out more here and below, and make sure you have your tickets at the ready.

TFcon is happy to welcome Brendan Cahill to TFcon Charlotte. Fans will recognize his art from various issues of both Transformers ongoing #21, #25, #27, #29, Robots in Disguise #7, 2012 Annual and More than Meets the Eye #12, #27 and #40.

Transformers News: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill

Credit(s): TFcon Charlotte

Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1725961)
Posted by william-james88 on September 13th, 2015 @ 8:00am CDT
Josh Perez (dyemooch), who works on colours for IDW's Transformers comics, has revealed the new print he will have available at conventions starting with TFcon Charlotte.

He revealed the print today on his facebook page with the accompanying message:

dyemooch wrote:Print for TFcon Charlotte and onwards; wanted to make a print of some of IDW's Transformers cast but with their QTF models(with a bit of IDW flare)!

Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1726349)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 15th, 2015 @ 9:19am CDT
TFcon just annouce yet another guest for TFcon US - taking place in Charlotte, NC, this October. And this time it is writer and story editor Flint Dille who wrote episodes for Sunbow Productions in the 1980s, including The Transformers!

We are very pleased to announce Flint Dille as a guest at TFcon Charlotte 2015. Flint is a writer and story editor who wrote episodes for numerous Sunbow Productions in the 1980s, including G.I. Joe, Inhumanoids, Visionaries, and The Transformers. As a story editor on the original Transformers cartoon, he was responsible for approving and supervising the writing of scripts, as well as maintaining continuity, and developing the origin of the Transformers. He is also the co-writer of IDW’s The Transformers: Autocracy and its two follow-up series, Monstrosity and Primacy.

TFcon Charlotte – America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention will be the weekend of October 16th to 18th, 2015. TFcon Charlotte will take place at the Embassy Suites Charlotte Concord.

Remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1728919)
Posted by Va'al on September 25th, 2015 @ 12:15pm CDT
Not long left now for TFcon USA, in Charlotte, and yet we have received another guest announcement: the voice of Bumblebee from G1, Dan Gilvezan! Read more below from TFcon HQ, and make sure to let other Seibertronians know if you'll be attending.

We are happy to welcome the voice of the Generation 1 Autobot Bumblebee Dan Gilvezan to TFcon Charlotte. Also known as the voice of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the 1981 animated series, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, he also voiced Goldbug, Hot Spot, Outback, Rollbar, Scamper, Skids and Snapdragon in Transformers Generation 1 and has returned to the character of Bumblebee for the upcoming video game Transformers: Devastation..

Dan will be taking part in Q&A panels and signing for the attendees of the America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention all weekend long.
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1731171)
Posted by Optimizzy on October 3rd, 2015 @ 8:27pm CDT
Any one else going? Ill only be able to be there for Saturday but I hope to see some forum members while I'm there.
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1731270)
Posted by Va'al on October 4th, 2015 @ 3:04am CDT
With less than two weeks left to TFcon Charlotte (16-18 October), their site offers another guest update, adding the voice of Rhinox from Beast Wars to the list of professionals from across the Transformers franchise through the years - find out more about Richard Newman below.

Also, if you're attending the event, make sure to comment in the Energon pub and find the other Seibertronians going for a meet-up!

TFcon is proud to announce that Richard Newman will now be appearing as a guest at this years convention in Charlotte. Known to Transformers fans as the voice of Rhinox in Beast Wars, Tankor in Beast Machines and Vector Prime in Transformers Cybertron. Mr. Newman will be taking part in Q&A panels and signing for the attendees of the America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention all weekend long.
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1731433)
Posted by jrgreer74 on October 4th, 2015 @ 9:22pm CDT
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1731438)
Posted by jrgreer74 on October 4th, 2015 @ 9:50pm CDT
Man, I'm glad they are getting Richard Newman to come in. Rhinox was my favorite character from Beast Wars (Dinobot tied with him of course).
I will admit I was looking forward to meeting a Prime (Garry Chalk) and that's a bummer, but Rhinox is a great character for the Beast Wars side and the perfect choice to me, especially since I want his Gatling guns if he is done with them! :-D
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1731828)
Posted by -Soundwave- on October 6th, 2015 @ 12:43am CDT
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1732067)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 6th, 2015 @ 11:28pm CDT
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1732158)
Posted by ScottyP on October 7th, 2015 @ 11:18am CDT
jrgreer74 wrote:I will be there of course, so when is the meet up? I haven't seen the time/date. :???:

Sustain wrote:Looks like there have been a few people that have been to TFcon or two. I hear it's pretty good, it's usually too far for me to go. I'm curious though how does it stand up to a Botcon?

Rodimus Prime wrote:Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I went on the website to look for prices and times for general admission, and I'm not clear what to do. I will most likely not make it there until Saturday morning, so if I just walk to the place, can I get a ticket that just lets me walk in without getting any exclusives or anything, yet I can still participate in signings and Q&As? I mean, that's pretty much what I would be going for, aside from meeting fellow fans, hopefully some of you from here. :) Do we have a concrete time and place for a Seibertron members meetup yet?
Be on the lookout for a post later this afternoon (or tomorrow afternoon if work gets too busy) to help out with next week's TFcon adventure! I was waiting on the weather forecast to get it all together.

Super quick answers to these questions, in order: Saturday night with exact time TBD, Way less hectic, yes that kind of ticket exists should be the $50-ish one.
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1733553)
Posted by Va'al on October 11th, 2015 @ 5:29am CDT
This time next week you will probably already be more than halfway through TFcon Charlotte, but they still have a couple of guest announcements ready for everyone. First up is regular IDW Transformers colourist, currently on Sins of the Wreckers, and artist Josh Burcham!

We are happy to welcome IDW Publishing colorist Josh Burcham to TFcon Charlotte 2015. Transformers fans will recognize his work from the pages of Transformers More Than Meets The Eye and dozens of other one shots and mini series. He will be in attendance all weekend and offering prints and commissions to the attendees.

And also attending will be former Transformers Creative Manager Rik Alvarez, who will focus on his past work with the brand and Fun Publications.

J.E “Rik” Alvarez is an author that was formerly the Transformers Creative Manager at Hasbro, as well as a writer and editor with Fun Publications. [...] At TFcon Charlotte he will be speaking about his work on the Transformers brand.

Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1733794)
Posted by ScottyP on October 12th, 2015 @ 8:48am CDT
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1733796)
Posted by Shockwave7 on October 12th, 2015 @ 8:55am CDT
Caption: "I ordered the LOBSTER!"
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1733874)
Posted by Optimizzy on October 12th, 2015 @ 1:21pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Got a commission set up for a Vector Prime sketch by Mr. Burcham. Can't wait to see how it turns out! This weekend is going to be excellent.

Convention newbie question: how does commissioned art work?
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1733965)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 12th, 2015 @ 6:09pm CDT
Did he just colour that image? Cos the lineart looks like it's by (the legend) Geoff Senior. I haven't seen it before.
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1734027)
Posted by .... on October 12th, 2015 @ 10:26pm CDT
NOOOOOO Springer!!! Fudge you Megatron! :-x
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1734095)
Posted by ScottyP on October 13th, 2015 @ 1:40pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:

Convention newbie question: how does commissioned art work?
Burcham solicited pre-orders via Twitter, so I did it that way. The other thing to do is to find them the first day, see if they're taking any (sometimes they fill up on pre-orders), and if so then inquire about rates, what it includes, etc. Pricing varies wildly by artist but expect to pay $50-ish minimum for simple sketch work to avoid disappointment. If you just want to throw an artist $10-$20, they usually have prints for sale of their other work at those types of rates. Hope that helps out! I'm certainly not an expert on it, so if someone chimes in and says "Scotty is soooo wrong about this", listen to them instead :D
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1734253)
Posted by -Soundwave- on October 15th, 2015 @ 11:34am CDT
This year is way to late for me, but I think I'm going to plan on going next year.
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1734258)
Posted by ScottyP on October 15th, 2015 @ 12:31pm CDT
Meet up is Saturday night at the hotel bar. Exact time, who knows. Many of us will have on "official" Twincast shirts.

If drinking isn't your thing, come hang out anyway. They have soda and water, I'm sure. If you show up super late though, I can promise you I won't remember your name, and only might remember your face.

I'll also be on a panel with some other TF podcasters from around the 'net on Sunday at 4 PM to curtain jerk the end of the convention. Stop by and check that out if you're still around!
Re: TFcon Charlotte Guest Update - Brendan Cahill (1734474)
Posted by Va'al on October 16th, 2015 @ 5:53am CDT
TFcon Charlotte is literally about to start, but they were able to sneak in a couple of additional announcements about their guest attendance and schedule. While the presence of the movie replica of Optimus Prime (in truck mode) might excite a few, a lot more fans will probably be disappointed to hear that IDW writer James Roberts will not attend in person this time. More information can be found here and below.

We are pleased to share the news that an Optimus Prime Movie Replica will be onsite at TFcon Charlotte this weekend to greet the attendees of America’s largest fan-run Transformers convention.

It is with great regret that we must inform the attendees of TFcon Charlotte 2015 that due to unforeseen circumstances James Roberts will not be able to travel to Charlotte for this weekend.
As a result of this turn of events James is going to do his best to Skype into his scheduled panel times this year so he can join us remotely from the UK.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY