TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available

TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available

Tuesday, July 21st, 2015 11:31pm CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 14,172

TFcon just announced that the hotel block for TFcon USA in Charlotte, North Carolina is now available! You can check out the information below on how to book your rooms and the amenities provided with the TFcon rate.

Hotel Information for TFcon Charlotte 2015
The TFcon Charlotte hotel block is now available. You can book your hotel room for TFcon Charlotte 2015 by calling the Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord reservation department direct at 704-455-8200 or toll-free @ 1-800-EMBASSY and mention TFcon. When booking by phone, please ask for the TFcon rate to receive the discount. You can also book your room via the hotel reservation website at http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/g ... ndex.jhtml

The TFcon hotel rate gives you:
-Complimentary Breakfast Buffet
-Complimentary High Speed Internet
-Complimentary 2 drink vouchers per day
-Complimentary Parking

The group rate is good for October 11th to October 22th, 2015 at the price of $149 per room.

Transformers News: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Credit(s): TFcon

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 1:20am CDT

Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712004)
Posted by cor2879 on July 22nd, 2015 @ 8:30am CDT
Hmm I booked my hotel room weeks ago. I hope I can still get some discount.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712114)
Posted by ScottyP on July 22nd, 2015 @ 1:52pm CDT
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712123)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 22nd, 2015 @ 2:24pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Can anyone figure out how this is different from the block announced in April? Honest question, not questioning the newsworthiness, this was a release from them so not sure what would have spurned it other than some new thingie going on.

I'm not sure what the difference is but the old block is closed. perhaps it sold out and they open new ones?
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712162)
Posted by ScottyP on July 22nd, 2015 @ 4:01pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:

Ah, that must be it.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712221)
Posted by Va'al on July 22nd, 2015 @ 7:19pm CDT
The lovely folks over at TFcon USA - taking place in Charlotte in 2015 - have updated their site with the first official guest for the event: voice of Optimus Primal from Transformers Beast Wars, Garry Chalk! Find out more from their official announcement page here, and scroll down below for a snippet.

We are very happy to welcome Transformers voice actor Garry Chalk to TFcon Charlotte 2015. The voice of Optimus Primal in Beast Wars and Beast Machines and Optimus Prime in the Armada, Energon and Cybertron cartoons, he also voiced Generation 1 Megatron in an episode of Beast Wars. Additionally he is known to GIJOE fans as the voices of Pathfinder and Metalhead in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, and He-Fans as the voices He-Man in The New Adventures of He-Man, and Man-at-Arms in the 2002 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Mr. Chalk will be taking part in Q&A panels and autograph sessions with the attendees of the world’s largest fan-run Transformers convention all weekend long.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712421)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 23rd, 2015 @ 11:48am CDT
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1712450)
Posted by ScottyP on July 23rd, 2015 @ 1:07pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm giving serious thought to driving up there. I haven't been to a Con since BotCon 2011, it's about time to go to another one. Is TFCon run differently than BotCon, since it's a fan-organized event?
Yep, very much so. The unofficial conventions I've been to, those being last year's TFcon in Chicago and Charticon back in 2013, were very different in feel.

Both had registration/"package pick-up" that involved walking up to a table where there was no line for about two minutes. The only lines I can remember for the entirety of either show were for the dealer room openings and then there was one to get James Roberts' autograph at TFcon. Both environments felt very laid back, stuff was just happening on its own whereas Botcon feels very much like a production in almost all aspects.

I enjoy Botcon a lot, but shows like this one are a change of pace in a lot of ways and also extremely enjoyable. Come on up and hang out!
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1713121)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 25th, 2015 @ 12:00pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

Do I have to purchase the packages in advance, or can I just get a ticket at the door? I don't really need the exclusive figures, I just want to go in and enjoy the atmosphere and mingling with other fans. Most likely I will only spend 1 day there, unless some special events will be lined up. It's an 8 hour drive from South GA, so I don't know if I would be able to spend all 3 days there.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1713172)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 25th, 2015 @ 2:24pm CDT
Now this, I may be able to make it to.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1713980)
Posted by ScottyP on July 28th, 2015 @ 11:40am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Do I have to purchase the packages in advance, or can I just get a ticket at the door?
Yep, you can get door tickets. All I did in Chicago last year was walk up when I got there and bought a pass for the weekend, no toys and such required and it only took a few minutes.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715660)
Posted by Va'al on August 4th, 2015 @ 2:23am CDT
TFcon Charlotte have added another guest to their line-up for the USA event in October - none other than the big lump of a dinobot himself, or his voice at least, Gregg Berger! Find out what the organisers have to say about the man behind Grimlock - and many more characters - below, and head here to book your tickets now.

We are happy to welcome the voice of Generation 1 Grimlock Gregg Berger to TFcon Charlotte. He also voiced Skyfire (Jetfire), Long Haul and Outback in the same series. He returned to the character of Grimlock for the Fall of Cybertron video game as well as the upcoming Transformers: Devastation.

Gregg will be taking part in Q&A panels and autograph sessions with the attendees of the world’s largest fan-run Transformers convention all weekend long.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715677)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 4th, 2015 @ 8:41am CDT
well, Im probably going to go. anyone else?
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715712)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2015 @ 11:22am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:well, Im probably going to go. anyone else?
A healthy amount of site staff will be there, including at least four of us from the podcast. So yeah, plenty of folks going to be there! I'm hyped.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715727)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 4th, 2015 @ 12:15pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:well, Im probably going to go. anyone else?

Awesome. It will be cool to meet you guys in person.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715873)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 5th, 2015 @ 4:19am CDT
It's fairly cheap, it sounds like a lax environment, instead of the stressed out atmosphere BotCon has become, and it's only an 8-hour drive for me. I love Transformers and road trips, and I've decided to get more socially involved with fellow fans. Count me in! :D
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715875)
Posted by Va'al on August 5th, 2015 @ 4:30am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:well, Im probably going to go. anyone else?

Anyone feel like paying for my plane ticket..? :(
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715883)
Posted by Redneck Grimlock on August 5th, 2015 @ 7:18am CDT
I can't wait to go! I only live an hour from Charlotte and it'll be my first Transformers convention! The fact that Gregg is gonna be there is pretty cool too.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1715911)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 5th, 2015 @ 9:59am CDT
Va'al wrote:Anyone feel like paying for my plane ticket..? :(
Can't you swim? >:oP
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1716035)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 5th, 2015 @ 5:46pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:well, Im probably going to go. anyone else?

Anyone feel like paying for my plane ticket..? :(

Its times like this that I wish I had infinite money. Also, when the mortgage is due. And when botcon rolls around.
Re: TFcon Charlotte, North Carolina hotel block is now available (1716113)
Posted by Va'al on August 6th, 2015 @ 3:20am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:well, Im probably going to go. anyone else?

Anyone feel like paying for my plane ticket..? :(

Time, too, would be handy. Term starts again in October, so planning would have to be very tight. And the faculty still hasn't let TAs know our hours for this coming year. :(

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:Anyone feel like paying for my plane ticket..? :(
Can't you swim? >:oP

I could start now. :-?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY