TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia

Friday, November 18th, 2016 11:51am CST

Category: Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,425

The folks over at TFcon USA have sent us some news about their 2017 edition, and we now have both location and dates for the fan-run event, robot fans: September 29th-October 1st in Reston, Virginia! The hotel is the Hyatt Regency, and not far from the airport - and the area also featured in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Check out more info below!

Save the dates! TFcon America's largest fan-run Transformers convention will take place in Washington DC the weekend of September 29th to October 1st, 2017. TFcon USA will take place at the Hyatt Regency Reston in Reston, Virginia.

The hotel is located down the road from the Washington Dulles International Airport which is next to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (National Air and Space Museum), home to thousands of aviation and space artifacts, including a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, a Concorde, and the Space Shuttle Discovery. The center made its first media appearance in the 2009 film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and the SR-71 that is on display in the museum was used as the Autobot Jetfire.

Discounted hotel block information will be available shortly. Dealer bookings and attendee registration information will also be available in the near future.

Credit(s): TFcon USA

Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1841953)
Posted by MrBlack on November 18th, 2016 @ 1:01pm CST
Yes! Just up the road from me!
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1842016)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 18th, 2016 @ 5:21pm CST
Considering I graduate in May and that is only about 3 hours south of me.... I may finally go to my first convention
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1842033)
Posted by jungletron on November 18th, 2016 @ 7:30pm CST
"Finally, a convention where I only need to take the RIBS."

"Pork ribs?"

"No. Reston Internal Bus Service." :lol:
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1851417)
Posted by Va'al on January 9th, 2017 @ 7:37pm CST
From the HQ for TFcon USA, taking place in Reston, Virginia next September/October, we have some news about the hotel block - which is now available for reservations! Check out more info below.

The TFcon DC 2017 hotel block is now available. You can book your room via the 2017 hotel reservation website at https://aws.passkey.com/go/TFconUSA2017 Alternatively you can book your hotel room for TFcon USA 2017 by calling the Hyatt Regency Reston direct at 1-703-709-1234. When booking by phone, please ask for the TFcon rate to receive the discount.

The group rate is good for September 25th to October 5th, 2017 at the price of $149 per room. No deposit is required to reserve your room now. You have until the day before your reservation to cancel your room if you can’t make the convention.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1851425)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 9th, 2017 @ 8:24pm CST
I'm really contemplating going. Anyone know how quickly the room reservations usually fill, or even who else is going/may be going?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1852857)
Posted by SJ21 on January 17th, 2017 @ 10:50am CST
Finally a Transformers convention I can go to!
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1855745)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on January 29th, 2017 @ 7:16pm CST
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1855746)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 29th, 2017 @ 7:20pm CST
EmirateXaaron wrote:Saw the announcement for this, and I'm already putting aside money for a room. I had an absolute blast at TFcon 2016 in Chicago, and despite this year's being a good 8-9 hours away, I'm confident it'll be worth the gas.

I'm really contemplating going. Do you know how quickly the room reservations usually fill? also, how much did it cost you to go last year?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1855751)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on January 29th, 2017 @ 8:09pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I'd have to check all of the receipts again, but I think for two people it was around $200-250. Once I get off work, I can dig up my stuff and give ya much better estimate. As for availability, I think i got it around Ma-June (again, I'd have to check) I know the Regency opened up more hotel rooms a couple months later, though I dunno if they'll do it this year.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1858651)
Posted by Va'al on February 11th, 2017 @ 7:25am CST
Some news from the USA branch of the fan-run TFcon Transformers convention, concerning registration for anyone interested in selling their wares. Find out more information below, and head to the official site for even more!

Dealer registration is now available for TFcon DC 2017. For those of you that were looking to sell at the world’s largest fan-run Transformers convention now is the time to book, you can contact us now to reserve your space. Dealers from last year have automatically been sent the on-line registration information.

Registration for attendees will be available in the near future.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1869800)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 27th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
TFcon USA has provided a new update on their website, as it is now confirmed that Neil Ross is set to attend! Ross voiced several notable characters in the G1 cartoon as well as some GI Joe and Voltron characters. Check out is bio below, and get your tickets now!

We are very pleased to welcome Neil Ross to TFcon USA 2017. Transformers fans will recognize him as the voices of Bonecrusher, Hook, Sixshot, Slag and Springer in Transformers Generation 1. Fans of the 80s will also remember him as Dusty and Shipwreck in GI Joe as well as Keith and Pidge in the original Voltron series. Mr. Ross will be taking part in Q&A panels and autograph sessions with the attendees of America’s largest Transformers Convention all weekend long.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1891674)
Posted by Va'al on June 22nd, 2017 @ 10:43pm CDT
A very, very brief update from TFcon USA 2017, as the team has let us know that their ticket sales are now open for the twin event to the Canadian staple, taking place in Reston, Virginia, this September 29-October 1 weekend! Tickets can be found at this link: http://www.tfcon.com/tickets-now-on-sal ... on-dc-2017

Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1891675)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2017 @ 10:45pm CDT
Really tempting... may need to schedule the trip
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1891734)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 23rd, 2017 @ 7:20am CDT
I live right near here, but I'm moving across the country two months before it :-(
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1891755)
Posted by Tranzilla on June 23rd, 2017 @ 8:41am CDT
Signed up as soon as went up. Also got in for the customs class on the Friday. The 1st time I've ever been able to get into one. Is the figure going to be the same or a variation on the one from the Canadian convention?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1891887)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:58pm CDT
I'm going. Registered for the custom class and all.

Who's up for hanging out Friday night?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1894928)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 7th, 2017 @ 6:04am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I'm going. Registered for the custom class and all.

Who's up for hanging out Friday night?

I'd definitely say hello, but me and my buds would be getting in around midnight, after a 8 1/2 hour drive. Depends on how checked out we are when we check in, haha.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1897070)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 16th, 2017 @ 8:19pm CDT
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1897406)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 1:52pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:With the way things are looking, I may try to go. Any more spots open in the custom class? If so, how soon does that fill up?

I think it's still available. The class is still an option in the ticket section on their website. Though, I think it filled up as soon as they announced the figure last year. There's only 25 or so slots for the custom class, so it makes sense. Looks like the tickets are already available, though, so if you're not picky on what you get to make, I'd say go for it.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 - September 29-October 1 in Reston, Virginia (1897412)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:

Have they announced the figure yet?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Titans Return Transformers Scourge Rippersnapper Highbrow Twinferno New" on EBAY