TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend

TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend

Monday, March 27th, 2017 2:44pm CDT

Categories: Event News, People News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 17,384

TFcon USA has provided a new update on their website, as it is now confirmed that Neil Ross is set to attend! Ross voiced several notable characters in the G1 cartoon as well as some GI Joe and Voltron characters. Check out is bio below, and get your tickets now!

We are very pleased to welcome Neil Ross to TFcon USA 2017. Transformers fans will recognize him as the voices of Bonecrusher, Hook, Sixshot, Slag and Springer in Transformers Generation 1. Fans of the 80s will also remember him as Dusty and Shipwreck in GI Joe as well as Keith and Pidge in the original Voltron series. Mr. Ross will be taking part in Q&A panels and autograph sessions with the attendees of America’s largest Transformers Convention all weekend long.

Credit(s): TFcon USA

Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1891674)
Posted by Va'al on June 22nd, 2017 @ 10:43pm CDT
A very, very brief update from TFcon USA 2017, as the team has let us know that their ticket sales are now open for the twin event to the Canadian staple, taking place in Reston, Virginia, this September 29-October 1 weekend! Tickets can be found at this link: http://www.tfcon.com/tickets-now-on-sal ... on-dc-2017

Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1891675)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2017 @ 10:45pm CDT
Really tempting... may need to schedule the trip
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1891734)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 23rd, 2017 @ 7:20am CDT
I live right near here, but I'm moving across the country two months before it :-(
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1891755)
Posted by Tranzilla on June 23rd, 2017 @ 8:41am CDT
Signed up as soon as went up. Also got in for the customs class on the Friday. The 1st time I've ever been able to get into one. Is the figure going to be the same or a variation on the one from the Canadian convention?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1891887)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:58pm CDT
I'm going. Registered for the custom class and all.

Who's up for hanging out Friday night?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1894928)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 7th, 2017 @ 6:04am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I'm going. Registered for the custom class and all.

Who's up for hanging out Friday night?

I'd definitely say hello, but me and my buds would be getting in around midnight, after a 8 1/2 hour drive. Depends on how checked out we are when we check in, haha.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897070)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 16th, 2017 @ 8:19pm CDT
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897406)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 1:52pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:With the way things are looking, I may try to go. Any more spots open in the custom class? If so, how soon does that fill up?

I think it's still available. The class is still an option in the ticket section on their website. Though, I think it filled up as soon as they announced the figure last year. There's only 25 or so slots for the custom class, so it makes sense. Looks like the tickets are already available, though, so if you're not picky on what you get to make, I'd say go for it.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897412)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:07pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:

Have they announced the figure yet?
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897416)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:12pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they announced the figure yet?

Not yet. Last year, the figure was one of their last announcements, and it was an exclusive G2 redeco of FansProject's Severo. No idea who they're planning to do this year, but it'll most likely be 3P.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897418)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:13pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Have they announced the figure yet?

Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897420)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:So the $80 will be completely worth it then because of 3P price? How is the class overall?

I couldn't tell ya, as I didn't do the class last year, and I don't know anyone who did. I assume it's pretty interesting, as they go through the whole customization process with you. Disassembling, painting, reassembling. I assume the figure would be well worth the price, as that seems rather standard for 3P prices.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897423)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:22pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:

Sweet, thanks for answering my questions!

Waiting on a paycheck to come in, so I'll try to register next week or in 2 weeks. Hopefully custom class stays open.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897427)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:30pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Sweet, thanks for answering my questions!

No problem! Planning to register with my next paycheck as well. gives me ample time to get some gas money and figure money ready. If you're planning to just visit on Saturday, you'll need to purchase the Saturday ticket as well as the custom class ticket.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897435)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Sweet, thanks for answering my questions!

Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897436)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:47pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I was looking at the ticket prices, and I was contemplating the $80 friday custom class and the $50 saturday and sunday pass, unless Saturday would be enough time to check things out properly? IDK, never been to one of these before.

When i went to the Chicago event last year, I personally found enough time on Saturday to browse all the dealers and listen to the panels that interested me. Though, if you want two days to really exlore all the nooks and crannies of the booths and what they offer, as well as a second shot at getting stuff signed, I'd go for the two day.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897438)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 2:49pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:

Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897443)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:03pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I normally browse at a fair rate, so maybe the one day would work. Did you get the premium ticket that lets you in early, or the standard ticket?

I got the premium. I got up two hours early and went down to the doors at 7. It was me and a small group of other diehards who were waiting. Not sure if it applies for this year, but last year they gave some Tiny Titans figures to the first 50 in line as a little gift. Was pretty cool.
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897447)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 18th, 2017 @ 3:11pm CDT
EmirateXaaron wrote:

Thanks!

Shooting for custom class and premium Saturday ticket. got a 4 hour trip from home, but a hotel for a night shouldn't be too bad
Re: TFcon USA 2017 Update - Neil Ross to Attend (1897496)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on July 18th, 2017 @ 6:55pm CDT
Very nice! I'll be doing a Saturday premium as well. Gotta make a 9 hour trip up to Reston, so i'm gonna need to stock up. If I see you at the con, let me know how the customization class went! I'm quite curious about it myself.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction- Hammer Strike Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "KBB Transformers GT-05 Optimus Prime MP-10 G1 Pocket Size Combat commander-12cm" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Mr Potato Head Bumble Spud Collectible Children’s Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of The Fallen Bumble Spud Mr. Potato Head" on EBAY