TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version

TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version

Sunday, November 8th, 2009 10:00pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 16,817

Seibertron's valued sponsor TFSource has put up a preorder for the Aerial Team Upgrade Kit that Fansproject has produced. There's a catch however; this set is primarily white in colour, hence the "Snowman" term. It is also a TFSource Exclusive.

TFSource says:
The 2009 Stocking Stuffer Campaign TFsource Exclusive! "Snowman" Version Superion Add-on kit is reminiscent of the G1 color scheme, and is limited to just 500 pieces worldwide! This set will not be reproduced, or remade and will only be available exclusively through TFsource while supplies last. Limit of 2 pieces per customer, this set will also include some other holiday bells and whistles that will not be revealed until it ships. TFsource is making every effort to get this set in before Christmas, but does not guarantee holiday delivery.

TFSource/Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version

See all the images, and get your preorder, by clicking here!

Compare this to an image of the original colourscheme:
TFSource/Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version

Credit(s): TFSource

This article was last modified on Sunday, November 8th, 2009 10:07pm CST

Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018333)
Posted by ryan.rhoads on November 8th, 2009 @ 10:06pm CST
I am a Fansproject junkie!!! Great stuff :grin: ...I already have the original Aerial Add-on but need the G1 color scheme. Already pre-ordered. I wonder what the other bells and whistles are?
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018335)
Posted by Blurrz on November 8th, 2009 @ 10:17pm CST
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018336)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 8th, 2009 @ 10:24pm CST
I don't know if I really need or want this. It really doesn't look to good with either the Energon or ROTF versions, and I don't know if I'm feeling it. I may change my mind. I'd still rather a translucent blue or red Nexus Maximus set.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018338)
Posted by Mkall on November 8th, 2009 @ 10:27pm CST
Decent priced IMO, but I already have a set, and don't need another.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018342)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 8th, 2009 @ 10:38pm CST
Does it come with a little Santa hat?
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018344)
Posted by travicon on November 8th, 2009 @ 10:42pm CST
i would be super pissed if i had universe superion and had already bought the first add-on set because this one is waaay better looking. reminds me of something hasbro would do...

however, i dont have any of this stuff anyway im just sayin'...
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018346)
Posted by Firebird on November 8th, 2009 @ 11:02pm CST
That looks nice

I prefer my original version though (Hopefully if I keep reminding myself of that then I won't buy this one also, I only have 1 Superion to put it on!)
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018363)
Posted by LiKwid on November 9th, 2009 @ 12:06am CST
I was hesitant until I saw bells and whistles... That sold it right there...Pay now please :) SOooOOO Glad I didn't get the first edition the white color is smokin...
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018369)
Posted by bvzxa on November 9th, 2009 @ 12:50am CST
I went ahead and preordred the kit. I may get two since I have ROTF Superion and a Superlink Superion set. Myabe I'll do a parody of Titan Maximum with both. I think I might get a grey add-on set too.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018376)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on November 9th, 2009 @ 1:30am CST
Blurrz wrote:This is pretty ballin. However, Third Party stuff is a bit expensive for my tastes..

I'm with you there. I fully understand that these guys have to cover costs and low producion runs will always be pricey, but the add-on set (either version) will set me back about £45.

Given that I only paid £30 for my ROTF Superion, I just can't justify it :sad:

It does look amazing tho' and is an awesome enhancement to the figure, I envy anbody that has been able to add one to their collection :mrgreen:
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018385)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on November 9th, 2009 @ 2:44am CST
I have the 1st add-on set. The white one looks better and is more of a throwback to G1. I am happy with my gray add-on set and never questioned its awesomeness until now.

I like to have the best. If they had offered both at the same time I would have gone for the white one. This is a bit frustrating, but not enough to throw another $50 at this figure.

I think I am going to choose to be happy with what I have.

Of course, I am a sucker for little Santa hats and such...
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018395)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 9th, 2009 @ 3:37am CST

This set is expensive for what you get, add that to the price of Superion in the first place and you have an expensive, good looking but flawed figure.

I know this sort of thing happens with all sorts of products, even Hasbro do it with their various versions of Leader figures. Its just a kick in the head for all the people who go out and buy these things on release.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018415)
Posted by Nickolai on November 9th, 2009 @ 6:07am CST
Ravage XK wrote::-x THATS IT. Im done with 3rd party kits and add ons. Im not going to buy any more only to find an improved version is released 6 months later.

Having bought the original of this and the reissue of CC Armor, I must admit (and I am in the minority here) that I don't think FP 'upgrades' are worth what you pay for them. The AAA kit does nothing to address the Superion mold's main problems, the arms are awful if you look at them from any direction save directly in front (not to mention wimpy as heck) and the legs are forced apart due to the necessary combination configuration. On top of that, it doesn't make the head look G1-ish at all. The plastic quality is awesome and the accessories look and play great with the individual robots, but A) who displays Superion like that anyway and B) definitely not worth $60+.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018443)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 9th, 2009 @ 7:42am CST
Wow, so...I'm really unconvinced.

I mean, I get what they're going for. I see the hook that says, "G-1y accurateness is just another $50 away + shipping. I am sorely tempted too...

But, and there are significant 'butts' (yes, I know which form of the word I used there), involved in this whole thing...

For one, I don't think the white looks any better. Perhaps it does with the feet, but not with the hands. The hands don't match up well with the existing bot colors. For one, the "white" jet, isn't white. The black/grey of the first kit just goes with any and all configurations.

For another...if you don't have one of these sets yet and are considering the second set, it has its own accuracy issue. The gun, the gun is the wrong color. I think this irritates me more than anything (if I have to find something small to be irritated about).

Back to the arms...just having a white hand like the G1 toy is one thing when dealing with something that is lacking detail, articulation, and is just a little blob of plastic, but when you have individual digits, articuation, and a connected forearm, it just looks off.

Also, I don't like ordering from TFSource.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018453)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 9th, 2009 @ 8:20am CST
People seem to forget that this still doesn't save the figure. Energon Superion is a pretty crap gestalt. With or without the add-on set.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018457)
Posted by Forgotten on November 9th, 2009 @ 8:35am CST
Just not worth it to me. And especially not worth the repeat of the Powered Commander armor style argument that is inevitably going to begin. FP, please stop with this, we argue and complain enough without your help.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018501)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 9th, 2009 @ 11:51am CST
In a perfect world, FansProject would work with Hasbro to release a "Berserker" Superion, based on Berserker Sixwing. This would work really well with that.

But, more proof we do not live in the best of all possible worlds.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018507)
Posted by Starscream6 on November 9th, 2009 @ 12:05pm CST
oh god.

how did i know this was going to happen....

yet, to be expected.

i just wana know one thing, how many more repaints of this are we going to get until the protector armor and defender gets released? :-?

FP have an amazing ability to redeem themselves that way.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018516)
Posted by Convotron on November 9th, 2009 @ 12:29pm CST
Hmm, I'm not impressed by this version of the Aerial Team Appendage kit. The colours just don't work for me. It's great for those who didn't buy the first version and want a more G1 accurate colour scheme, though.
Re: TFSource / Fansproject Exclusive: Aerial Appendage Kit "Snowman" version (1018542)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 9th, 2009 @ 2:34pm CST
Pretty nice. But If I had to choose, I like the darker colors of the original set. But honestly, kudos to FP for making the Snowman version. I kinda had an inkling that something like this was going to happen, but I'm not upset with this at all. If anything, I wonder what repaints we are gonna get from Protector armor and Defender armor!!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY