TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week

TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week

Friday, March 19th, 2010 7:28am CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 37,348

In a post update on their FACEBOOK page, site sponsor TFSource shared the good news that the new Fansproject third party creation Warbot is being shipped from China next week, and that they (TFSource) should be getting them the following week.

This means for those of us ordering this third party transformable representation of our favorite distance jumping Wrecker from G1, we should be seeing them shipped to us right around the beginning of April.

While third party projects are a mixed bag for quality, being unofficial and all and created by smaller companies with less resources, Fansproject has been quite successful with their fan created items, the most popular being the City Commander Armor Upgrade for Classics Ultra Magnus (or any of the subsequent releases for the repaints of said mold).

Will Warbot be found to have the same quality, and be as satisfying for collectors who would really like a quality, poseable, original mold, SPRINGER? We'll find out in a few weeks.

Another thing to be watchful for is how HASBRO reacts to this. Blind eyes have been turned toward previous releases, but this may be stepping across the intellectual properties line. The outcome will certainly effect Fansprojects future products like the Crossfire Munitioner ( a new G1-esque Swindle with U-Bruticus accessories), and Crossfire Explorer (a new G1-esque Blastoff with U-Bruticus accessories) sets.

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News

Credit(s): TFSource on FACEBOOK

Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055886)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 19th, 2010 @ 7:33am CDT
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055888)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 19th, 2010 @ 7:36am CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:Have there been finalized pictures of this guy? All pics I've seen have been prototypes. I'm curious about his paint scheme.

None yet.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055889)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 19th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

None yet.

Which is slightly weird to say the least.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055890)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 19th, 2010 @ 7:45am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:

None yet.

But if you want to see what they were shooting for here's the art
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055900)
Posted by HighPrime on March 19th, 2010 @ 8:26am CDT

I don't think FansProject has or has had anything to worry about in relation to intellectual property theft. These releases aren't like CrazyDevy, iGear, or just about any other KO company. FansProject has gone out of their way to ensure nothing could identify their releases with Hasbro/Takara-Tomy owned properties.

Warbot doesn't look anything like the original Springer release, doesn't use any of the names, symbols or trademarks of Transformers, and doesn't transform the same as the original Springer. So, there isn't any infringement. The only reason we can identify this with Springer is because he triple changes into a helicoptor and armored car. Color may also help.

If Warbot is a KO, then we can make the same argument that Classics Jetfire is a KO of the Macross VF-1 Valkyrie. Those boosters on his back make the case of which toy this was emulating. However, he doesn't transform the same, look the same (10% rule), or use any of the Takatoku/Bandai properties that would infringe.

Warbot isn't anymore of a KO of G1 Springer than Classics Jetfire is of the original VF-1 Valkyrie.

Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055903)
Posted by ang3l3s on March 19th, 2010 @ 8:34am CDT
Fantastic!!!!! i'm still on the fence seeing as this is there 1st shot at a full figure so basically i will be waiting for reviews, how much die-cast, are pieces flying off etc..... Can't wait!!!!!
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055908)
Posted by --B-- on March 19th, 2010 @ 8:41am CDT
Very much looking forward to this. It'll be in my POL until May, but it looks great!

I would like to see some comparison pics next to some other TF's BEFORE I get charged though.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055910)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 19th, 2010 @ 8:43am CDT
Wow, this is GREAT news!! Hmmm, now do I cancel my pre-order over at BBTS and make an order over at RK to get him faster or wait for Pile o loot?

Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055913)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 19th, 2010 @ 8:49am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:I'm hoping with the release of Defendor, we can get a glimpse of Protector on the box maybe.

I really hope so!
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055919)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 19th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
The best course would be things staying as they are: Hasbro does their thing, 3rd parties fill the gaps. By all rights, this is an element outside their restictions as a commercial company that encourages people to buy the their toys too. Yes; 'Warbot' is a small breach in that relationship, and but it was made out of the love and desire for a toy Hasbro was never going to bring to the table anyway.

Let's be honest. Hasbro goes in spurts between new toys and shoveling redecos at us. Maybe Hasbro will be inspired, and consider more new material and proper figures. You think Hasbro didn't notice all the recent 3rd party combiner-love? We're getting Powercore Combiners; a new spin (with totally fresh characters) with more variety than Scramble city or the Maximus combiners ever had ;)

The best case interaction I could imagine is HASBRO openly and directly supporting them without manipulating their function. BUT, even that woulc change the game because if Hasbro had any official ties, Fansproject would be bound by safety rules and shooting for cheapness cost efficiency.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055931)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 19th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
That's a little sooner than I'm ready for financially, but I'll just have to make it work. I also think it's strange that they haven't released any final color photos.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055943)
Posted by mechabooks on March 19th, 2010 @ 10:23am CDT
This is great news. Wicked excited! I'm so glad I preordered this.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055951)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 19th, 2010 @ 10:49am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I also think it's strange that they haven't released any final color photos.

Maybe it's a legal safety net against Hasbro? That way they could get it out and Hasbro would have to get it in hand to file as evidence?

Just a thought.

Still, to qoute my favorite (nonGreen) Lantern...

MINE!
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055960)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 19th, 2010 @ 11:20am CDT

If HasTak was inclined to shut these guys down, they'd have done it before they were shipping these guys out, I think.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1055984)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 19th, 2010 @ 12:31pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Waiting for all the preorders on BBTS to come in (including the Bruticus add ons and DL Blaster) before I get it all in one big shipment. Hey, shipping counts.

Same boat here, I have to wait until Bruticus to play with my Defender. :( Oh well, it means I get one big box of awesome when it comes.
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1056000)
Posted by TFBuyer on March 19th, 2010 @ 1:33pm CDT
Take note, Reprolabels.com! I'll be expecting a G1-esque sticker set for this bad boy within the next two months!!! :grin:

Interested to see the final paint apps, but can't imagine they'll have screwed him up since the promo shots...
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1056038)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 19th, 2010 @ 3:07pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Still, to qoute my favorite (nonGreen) Lantern...

MINE!

You're my favorite Seibertronian of the day lol.
:BOT:
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1056291)
Posted by Hairball178 on March 20th, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
I like the pic of Explorer & his accessories. It's like he's looking down at it all and thinking "What the hell is all this crap? It's like a flea market threw up in here".
Re: TFSource- Fansproject 'Warbot' to ship from China Next Week (1056561)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 21st, 2010 @ 3:55pm CDT
Will have to wait for my BBTS order, but I did notice the expected arrival date has shifted from April to late March...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Force Stuntwing & Bumblebee Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID Prowl Hasbro  2000 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Three-Step Changers Stealthasaurus Rex Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers 5: 2016 Camaro "BUMBLEBEE" 1/24 Scale with Collectible Coin!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Soundwave 100% Complete Instructions Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID 1 Step Changer - Quillfire" on EBAY