TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences

TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 8:10am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,275

Site sponsor TFsource dropped by to let us know they have received some information from Takara regarding the recently listed UN-32 Artfire and how it will differ from the Million Publishing Exclusive version.

TFsource wrote:Although we don't have a picture yet, we have some details from Takara Tomy on the differences in the Million Publishing vs. United Artfires.

We have learned a little more on the Million Publishing vs. United Artfire details! Coloring will be different, Million Publishing will include two partners, Nightstick and Sparks, the UN version will include one, likely "Nightstick" but that is not for sure. The million publishing version will be limited, UN-32, will not. There may be more differences such as packaging, etc. If you want to change your preorder accordingly, please email customercare@tfsource.com now, so that we can modify your order!

Pictures of the Million Artfire can be found below, no picture on UN-32 yet!

Credit(s): TFsource

Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392206)
Posted by Kibble on June 21st, 2012 @ 8:40am CDT
It's odd Takara is pulling the rug out from under MP like that. While the two little buddies are a nice touch, I don't think the extra one will be worth $70 to me...especially when you could just find his original mold and redeco him yourself. I'm about 95% likely to be canceling that MP preorder...
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392218)
Posted by Mkall on June 21st, 2012 @ 9:05am CDT
I'll be getting both. One will be Artfire and the other will be Shattered Glass Inferno.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392223)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 21st, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
I'm giving some serious thought to cancelling my preorder for the MP one. Any clue when that's coming out?

I'd really like to see a picture of this to decide which one I want. I don't really have any warm, fuzzy feelings for Arty and the $100 price difference between the two is really steep. It's cool we're getting a Classics Artfire, but I don't know if I really need to shell out the dough for the priciest one available; not if I have a choice.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392227)
Posted by It Is Him on June 21st, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
Yeah, I'm with Kibble. This whole thing is rather strange.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392228)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 21st, 2012 @ 9:41am CDT
Me too, I really wanna see the up close comparisons between the 2. :-? :VEHI:
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392234)
Posted by triKlops on June 21st, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
looks like this will be my cost effective alternative instead of the MillPub one
would like to see some flicks before i plunk down the cash though
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392252)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:02am CDT
Hey folks, here's some information that isn't really useful information so there. Oh and one of these is missing a Target Master. Maybe... There, all the facts, just for you. :roll: I'm sticking with my initial order until we see what's up and can actually gauge what we want based on actual useful information and/or pics.
:BOT:
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392261)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:18am CDT

HAULER. :-?

Odd that we're suddenly getting THREE new retool/redecos of this toy. Will that set a record for this size class? :???: That will be six. Trying to think if anyone else in the "classics" lines has gotten that many in this size class.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392267)
Posted by Mkall on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:29am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:If I were MP, and Takara released nearly the identical exclusive... I'd switch it TOOOOooooo.....

HAULER. :-?

I think Classics Prime may still hold the record. Classics, Henkei, Ultra Magnus, Nemesis Prime, Crystal Convoy, Shattered Glass Prime and Black Convoy (not counting the cancelled Autobot Black Convoy)
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392269)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:35am CDT
I guess I need to cheer more for Hauler then. That would tie Prime!
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392271)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 21st, 2012 @ 11:49am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:I guess I need to cheer more for Hauler then. That would tie Prime!

I'd be right there with you. I want Hauler pretty badly. Seems like it would be a perfect figure for the club to do. Not only has he had a profile in the club magazine but he's in the last storyline as a background bot. Specifically issues 41 and 42. I'd happily pay out for him.
:BOT:
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392361)
Posted by Seibertron on June 21st, 2012 @ 3:48pm CDT

:HEADHURTS:
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392367)
Posted by DMSL on June 21st, 2012 @ 4:00pm CDT
Wow didn't know Takara would pull a Hasbro and release an "exclusive" repainted figure in the main line. It is a huge price difference as well. I do like the extra Targetmaster but for that huge of a price gap i am not sure. I'll wait till i see pictures and then i will decide whether i change my pre-order or not.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392371)
Posted by Kibble on June 21st, 2012 @ 4:08pm CDT
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392389)
Posted by Stormrider on June 21st, 2012 @ 5:08pm CDT

HAULER. :-?

Seven. Don't forget Asia Hasbro is releasing a blue version as Hotspot.

Kibble wrote:Although is this a huge price difference over there? It's not costing them $140 if they order it directly...

It's about 2000 yen difference ($25) and it is more difficult to obtain the MP version. You have to buy the MP magazine, cut out the coupon and then mail it in with 6000 Yen. I agree with everyone else, this seems very strange for Takara to do.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392428)
Posted by Kibble on June 21st, 2012 @ 8:11pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:

I agree it's still strange, but if the difference was only $25 I'd probably opt for the fancier exclusive with extra buddies.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392446)
Posted by quickmixed on June 21st, 2012 @ 9:20pm CDT
I'm holding on to my preorder. I display my exclusive figs seperately so I need an exclusive Artfire to go with my exclusive Stepper. I was willing to pay the initial price 2 months ago and still am.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1392540)
Posted by Arlekkin on June 22nd, 2012 @ 1:59am CDT
Am I the only one smelling Arms Micron here?

Maybe the new takara version will have the panels on the back painted red instead of white and maybe finally we will get the ladder instead of the water gun/crane.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1393721)
Posted by El Duque on June 25th, 2012 @ 8:46am CDT
In our second piece of Artfire news for the day, it sounds like UN-32 Artfire may not be happening.

If you thought Takara offering a non-exclusive version of Artifre was too good too be true you may have been right! Last week pre-orders started appearing at on-line retailers for UN-32 Artfire, which was followed by news of what differences we could expect between the Takara and Million Publishing versions. This all seemed a bit odd since a Takara general release would step on the toes of the Million Publishing exclusive.

Now word is reaching us that UN-32 Artfire may not exist. Takara has denied the release via their twitter account, and Allspark member (and e-Hobby employee) Hydra had this to say:

I don't know who decided that the supposed regular release of Artfire would only have one Targetmaster, but there is no regular release of Artfire coming. Million posted it on their Twitter account on the 21st, calling it out as a false rumor. I heard the same thing directly from TT staff, so you can safely assume that there is no normal version of Artfire on the way.

-Hydra

It sounds like the Million Publishing exclusive Artfire may be the only game in town.
Re: TFsource News: Million Publishing vs. UN-32 Artfire Differences (1393723)
Posted by Seibertron on June 25th, 2012 @ 8:51am CDT

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY