TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images

TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images

Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 7:48pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 65,752

Our sponsor - TFsource has updated us that they have updated the pre-order of 3rd party products - TFC EX-004 Targetdroids Opticmax vs Megazoom & TFC EX-004 Targetroids - Hot Flame vs. Screamer with some new images.

Targetdriods are basically the target master figures that look similar to Optimus Prime, Megatron, Hot Rod & Starscream in robot mode.

TFC EX-004 Targetdroids Opticmax vs Megazoom

TFC EX-004 Targetroids - Hot Flame vs. Screamer

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): TFsource

Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164697)
Posted by Burn on January 2nd, 2011 @ 8:05pm CST
So ... who's got 'Roids?
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164699)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 2nd, 2011 @ 8:12pm CST
Yeah, are they related to the BioRoids from Robotech/Southern Cross?

"Several lines of defense were prepared for the coming onslaught, but preparations A through G soon fell, leaving mankind with one last, desperate option..."
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164705)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 2nd, 2011 @ 8:31pm CST
The mini prime can maybe pass for a orion pax, i guess... might be worth getting so that the figure isn't just a mini version of the larger deluxe. They all look cool, but... don't serve any purpose
:CON:
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164723)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 2nd, 2011 @ 9:06pm CST
If only they came with a headmaster version of themselves that could combine with the targetroid to form an 80's cassette tape that shoot sparks!!! Someone tell me why I should want these. Pass.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164734)
Posted by Rated X on January 2nd, 2011 @ 9:15pm CST
Waste of plastic if you ask me. I dont see the point...
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164736)
Posted by craggy on January 2nd, 2011 @ 9:18pm CST
do Prime, Hot Rod or Starscream have vehicle modes or just their weapon alts?

I don't think these look terrible (they seem quite posable and the robot modes are mostly nice for their size) but other than Megatron I don't really see the appeal of the Mini-Me versions.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164737)
Posted by Oilspill on January 2nd, 2011 @ 9:24pm CST
I'm probably going to pick up that Megatron. His bot mode looks prety awesome and it makes the most sense for him to be a targetmaster.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164751)
Posted by Hairball178 on January 2nd, 2011 @ 9:59pm CST
When's someone going to make a Shockwave or Sixshot like this?
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164764)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 2nd, 2011 @ 10:48pm CST
Hairball178 wrote:When's someone going to make a Shockwave or Sixshot like this?

I hope never... I don't want a tiny little robot for a Shockwave and definitely not for a Sixshot.
Although those 2 are reaally reaally overdue for a remake. I'd be worried if anyone tackled sixshot unless it was fansproject.

:CON:
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164798)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 3rd, 2011 @ 1:57am CST
I must be in the minority that actually likes these little figures. They all look great in bot mode and the gun modes ain't bad either. I really like the idea of TF's holding mini versions of themselves as guns.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164800)
Posted by Flashwave on January 3rd, 2011 @ 2:07am CST
Prime: So, is that my rifle or yours?
Hot Rod: Gee, I'm not sure...
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164805)
Posted by Mykltron on January 3rd, 2011 @ 4:00am CST
I'm tempted to buy them just to add to my Op/Meg collection... but as they don't have the right alt mode I think I'll pass at that price.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164827)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 3rd, 2011 @ 5:31am CST
I don't need any more images of these guys, I've already wanted them when we saw the first unfinished pics.

these guys are awesome.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164839)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:41am CST
Rated X wrote:Waste of plastic if you ask me. I dont see the point...

Agreed.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164841)
Posted by --B-- on January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:50am CST
I those are pretty cool, just not 20 bucks a piece cool.

If a 2 pack of these were hanging on the shelf at Target for $4.99, I'd snap them right up. For almost $40 after shipping, not so much.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164842)
Posted by El Duque on January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:50am CST
Counterpunch wrote:
Rated X wrote:Waste of plastic if you ask me. I dont see the point...

Agreed.

I just can't get behind the concept of turning mainline characters and turning them into Targetmasters. Megatron, I can kind of see since his alt mode is in fact a gun, but the other three seem strange to me. I would be much more receptive to a third party producing updated versions of the original Targetmaster partners.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164843)
Posted by Nemesis251 on January 3rd, 2011 @ 6:52am CST
I agree. Peacemaker please.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164858)
Posted by Valandar on January 3rd, 2011 @ 7:28am CST
If these things were original characters, or even re-designs of Targetmasters from G1, I'd be likely to buy. As it is... umm, nope.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164892)
Posted by rpetras on January 3rd, 2011 @ 9:18am CST
I really like Targetmaster style weapons for TFs, but the price is just too out there.

I agree, that I'd be MORE likely to get these if they were NOT main characters, and were just generic bots or re-dos of the old G1 targetmasters.

If they were $20, even $25, I'd go for it, but $35 plus shipping is just to much $$$ for what they are.
Re: TFsource.com Update: New TFC EX-004 Targetroids Images (1164908)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 3rd, 2011 @ 10:06am CST
I don't get why people are complaining about $35 for two targetmasters when people are all over Perfect Effect target masters (and that's all they really are) when they are priced $35-$40 each. I think these are priced cheap.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-28 Rewind & Nightbeat" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY