TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online

TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online

Friday, May 13th, 2016 2:48pm CDT

Categories: People News, Digital Media News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 35,961

The Transformers Collectors' Club envoy to the Seibertron.com Energon Pub TF_JW has just dropped in to let us know that the second TSS 5.0 prose story is now online! Featuring some dino-tastic words, Life Finds A Way is written and illustrated by Matt Frank, with colors by Goncalo Lopez and assists by Paul Hanley. Check it out by following the link - and fun fact: the original Fractyl toy image is directly from the Seibertron.com galleries here!

​5/13/2016 - Of Masters and Mayhem Wreckers tie-in continues!
Prose Fiction!We are thrilled to release the second installment of the 4-part prose series that ties directly in to the ongoing TCC Magazine comic story. Impactor has recruited his first new Wrecker and the journey continues to track down the scientist known as Fractyl, but will he get to him before the Rapticons get to him first? Click the thumbnail to read this second installment!

For more information on the toys that will make up this new Wreckers team as well as other great characters such as Double Pretender Optimus Prime, Double Pretender Megatron and the Paradron Medic Lifeline, check out the TFSS 5.0 on our official TCC Facebook page and then order the TFSS 5.0!

Transformers News: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online

Credit(s): TFCC

Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1789420)
Posted by RevTibe on May 13th, 2016 @ 3:57pm CDT
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1789422)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on May 13th, 2016 @ 3:59pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:I've never really been that intrigued by prose Transformers fiction (to my tastes, giant robots are far, far more suited for visual media), but the promise of feathered raptors has my interest.

Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1789456)
Posted by RevTibe on May 13th, 2016 @ 6:03pm CDT

G.B. Blackrock wrote:I, too, have a personal preference for the more visual forms of Transformers storytelling, but it's hard to deny that most of the prose stories are pretty good (I can name a few clunkers, as I'm sure others could if they wanted to, but I find the gems far outweigh those).
I certainly didn't mean to speak to the quality of the club's prose stories; hard to do that when I haven't read them. Any stories in particular stand out as gems? Would be interested to take a look at them!
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1789457)
Posted by Deadput on May 13th, 2016 @ 6:20pm CDT
That was a damn good read very interesting.
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1789458)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on May 13th, 2016 @ 6:21pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:It was pretty good; more nitpicks than I'd normally like, but still a pleasant read. Had some elements I've been wanting to see in a Beast Wars story for a while now (stasis pod cold open, alien planet w/ some earth animals). Author says "I’ll be posted the final art for all 4 Raptoricons when they’re fully revealed in the next issue!", which makes me curious how the characters will be involved next issue, since Fractyl already left. A separate story, just a character model gallery or something else?

I would personally recommend the Shattered Glass prose, although if you're not a fan of the Shattered Glass concept that may not appeal. In that event, I would suggest any of the current "Beast Wars: Uprising" stuff, which typically has the advantage of being a touch shorter, but I still prefer the SG stuff.
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1789484)
Posted by RevTibe on May 13th, 2016 @ 8:09pm CDT
G.B. Blackrock wrote:

Thanks, I'll throw those into my short story queue. Although I'm typically not crazy about mirrorverses, Shattered Glass seems to have grown a bit beyond that (SG Soundwave seems to be quite a bit beyond a simple mirror Soundwave, for instance). I'd forgotten I'd read Burning Bridges from Uprising, which had its strong points, but the basic concept behind Uprising hasn't clicked with me yet.
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1791166)
Posted by TF_JW on May 20th, 2016 @ 12:44pm CDT
Toxitron gets his story told!

Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1791182)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on May 20th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
TF_JW wrote:Toxitron gets his story told!

Just got done reading it. I do enjoy that these are a bit shorter. Easier to read in one sitting. This one... well, it's designed to time-skip, but I still felt that there was a chunk in the middle missing.

Still, worth the read. I look forward to the next one.
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1791188)
Posted by RevTibe on May 20th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT

Still a well done story though, although some aspects felt a bit artificial when trying to play him up as badass.

I wonder if the stuff about him keeping that head in his torso might lead in to the Combiner fiction (although he does discard the noggin later).
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1791189)
Posted by G.B. Blackrock on May 20th, 2016 @ 2:02pm CDT
RevTibe wrote:Huh. While there's very little set in stone about Toxitron, I always got a goofy vibe from him - be it the "haha, look at those colours and name!" he had originally or the "me am not Bizarro homage!" take in animated. This is certainly divergent! (Edit: and seems to fit with the release being originally planned for Nemesis Prime.)

I guess we'll see, but it seems that the description how his chest opens up is incompatible with how the toy actually works
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793018)
Posted by TF_JW on May 27th, 2016 @ 1:23pm CDT
Foundation And Wreckage Part 1: Deadly Aim is now online!

Learn about the "last" two members of the Wreckers and the team's new ability as they prepare to face Thunder Mayhem!

Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793028)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 27th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793171)
Posted by Va'al on May 28th, 2016 @ 6:15am CDT
Yet another prose story headed our way from the Transformers Collectors' Club, featuring the Wreckage combiner, the Wreckers in this particular side of the universe, and your very own outsiders Offroad and Alpha Bravo - plus new art by Hosono Tomoya and Marcelo Matere with Josh Burcham! Check it all out here and below.

TF_JW wrote:Foundation And Wreckage Part 1: Deadly Aim is now online!

Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793181)
Posted by prjkt on May 28th, 2016 @ 7:03am CDT
Oh, so these are the last two members, not the "bonus" figures or is it a misdirection?
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793183)
Posted by TF_JW on May 28th, 2016 @ 7:24am CDT
The story should answer your question ;)

If you can't wait though, here is an EXTREMELY spoiler-filled answer. Read at your own risk!

It's a little bit of both.

Part of the reason for the story was to let fans who could only purchase 5.0 build a Wreckage even if they didn't get the other TCC Wrecker figures. We wanted to make sure there was an official representation of a Wreckage with retail limbs in fiction and in art to justify fans building him that way. Even if the roster changed afterward.

Now... As for that ending...

When the Combiner War toys for 5.0 were decided as Wreckers to go with Impactor from 4.0, one of the very first thoughts was "Okay, they're Wreckers. Who can we kill?"

The original idea for who would die and how was very different, but Pete and I wanted at least one Wrecker to die and to have it be a sort of betrayal. I won't get too much into that original concept, but it wasn't Alpha Bravo and Offroad. Actually, Offroad was a very late substitution, but one that I can't be happier with!
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793186)
Posted by prjkt on May 28th, 2016 @ 7:34am CDT
Yeah posted before I read it. Dr Vaal won't like this one
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793195)
Posted by Kurona on May 28th, 2016 @ 7:58am CDT
Goddammit, that's not fair. Now Va'al's obsession with AB can be justified because he's a wonderful character!

Aaaaaa I love them.
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793201)
Posted by ausbot on May 28th, 2016 @ 8:44am CDT
I was looking at the other prose stories and I want that Gobots combiner set.
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793248)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on May 28th, 2016 @ 12:22pm CDT

I wonder if there will be a prose story explaining Double Pretender Megatron and Optimus? or mabe some prose stories/comics for The Mayhem attack Squad themselves?
Re: TFSS 5.0 'Life Finds a Way' Prose Story by Matt Frank Now Online (1793252)
Posted by Kurona on May 28th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:so the final part of Masters and Mayhem will come out around the time Impactor and mystery figure of 4.0 yes?

I really hope there will be because these have been excellent so far. I didn't like the idea of a non-alternating Counterpunch at first but the story totally sold me on him.
... that is, ahem, if I could afford to get him.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY